Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The price of inflation

• 09-12-2020 9:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭

So I'm a tight cnut who doesn't like paying to put air in my tyres, and Bennets in Roxboro was the last place I knew in Limerick where a chap could do so.

No more. :(

Any of you know of any other olde worlde garages that still offer free air? (possibly requiring a returnable euro coin to release the security chain)

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,113 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Amber on the Old Cork Road.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,819 ✭✭✭phill106

last time i checked, the petrol station at coonagh (tesco one) had a free pump left of the store.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭peckerhead

Amber on the Old Cork Road.
    How could I forget that venerable institution! :D

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

phill106 wrote: »
    last time i checked, the petrol station at coonagh (tesco one) had a free pump left of the store.

Nope. It's pay for use now.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,908 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

50c for 4 minutes now. Probably still the best value on that side of Limerick.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Apple Green Coonagh. Still free. I assure you as I've one of those 4 week slow punctures that no garage can find too cheap to pay for air on such a 12 month frequency. Heck that's €24 per annum. Nah.

Once had no choice to put air in a tyre to also used the vacuum. Value for money eh

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭ChewBerecca

Berty wrote: »
    Apple Green Coonagh. Still free. I assure you as I've one of those 4 week slow punctures that no garage can find too cheap to pay for air on such a 12 month frequency. Heck that's €24 per annum. Nah.

Once had no choice to put air in a tyre to also used the vacuum. Value for money eh

We had a dodgy pressure reading at the petrol station in Monaleen, screen kept showing an error so we had to pay twice before it started working. Hoovered the entire car to make the most of our euro.

Haven't been back since aside from the bottle bank.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,793 ✭✭✭masterboy123

Not anymore. They have new machine and requires a coin!
    Berty wrote: »

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,908 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Seeing as the OP's question has been answered, I just want to take a moment to show my appreciation for the quality play on words in their thread title. Kudos!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,819 ✭✭✭phill106

Seeing as the OP's question has been answered, I just want to take a moment to show my appreciation for the quality play on words in their thread title. Kudos!
    Dont fill him with hot air, the come down will leave him deflated...
    Sorry i am sure you are tyred of all the puns

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 523 ✭✭✭ShRT

Dont fill him with hot air, the come down will leave him deflated...
    Sorry i am sure you are tyred of all the puns

The pressure to keep pumping out the witty replies is wheely taking its toll....

Advertisement