Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Games and entertainment for very small wedding

• 09-12-2020 10:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭

Hi all,

I'm getting married soon with a very small number of guests. We won't have music due to restrictions and I'm looking for things to have as back up just in case. We will have a playlist and speakers but I'm a little nervous! Most guests know each other but a few haven't met. Does anyone have any suggestions for any games or activities that we could have up our sleeve just in case? I was thinking maybe 30 Seconds or other types of board games that we could all play together (there'll be 3 generations in attendance and want things to be accessible for everyone). Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭Goose76

I’m in the same boat! Thinking of a caricaturist for the time myself and groom are getting pics taken!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

I’m sure people would be happy to sit in the bar (if there is a bar), and have a chat and a few drinks. I wouldn’t overthink it. Organised fun isn’t that much fun a lot of the time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭BryanMartin21

Google "parlour games" as it might give you some ideas.

I was at a small wedding where the bridge and groom had to answer questions about each other (with the answers collected from each of them prior to the day), which was a good laugh. When they got a question wrong, they had to take a drink.

As someone else said, people will probably be happy to sit around with a few drinks after the dinner considering it is a small group. Could always have a deck of cards in that scenario.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 pardonme

Silent Disco? Headphones on, tunes away - groove on and do your thang. No need to even hire a dj the playlists take care of themselves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,411 ✭✭✭✭woodchuck

pardonme wrote: »
    Silent Disco? Headphones on, tunes away - groove on and do your thang. No need to even hire a dj the playlists take care of themselves.

That's actually a really good idea! I've been to silent discos before and they're a bit of craic. I always find music too loud on nights out, so being able to control the volume is another major advantage. It would also mean that guests that aren't dancing won't have to listen to loud music and can chat more comfortably without shouting (less risk of getting too close and spreading more droplets etc).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 pardonme

pardonme wrote: »
    No need to even hire a dj the playlists take care of themselves.

Ah I stand corrected - you may not need to hire a professional Disc Jockey however it is important that there is a "controller" to ensure a smooth running event.
    Party on

Advertisement