Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I’ve had COVID, now I’m an outcast

Options
  • 09-12-2020 11:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭

Hi, just wondering if anyone has had any weird (non-medical) experiences following COVID.
    After I had it, I felt like a leper. People didn’t want to meet me.....they actually texted me saying that they’d rather wait a month or so as virus was still in my system.
    I used to get a lift to work twice weekly with a colleague, he texted me to say it would be safer to go alone....just in case!!
    In case of what? I’m no longer infectious:mad:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

JDMC2 wrote: »
    Hi, just wondering if anyone has had any weird (non-medical) experiences following COVID.
    After I had it, I felt like a leper. People didn’t want to meet me.....they actually texted me saying that they’d rather wait a month or so as virus was still in my system.
    I used to get a lift to work twice weekly with a colleague, he texted me to say it would be safer to go alone....just in case!!
    In case of what? I’m no longer infectious:mad:

Ah yeah, I think your colleague started a thread on after hours some time back about you not paying him for petrol and he's since found his excuse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭BryanMartin21

You'll kill their grannies if you go near them! Just give it a year and you can have your friends back.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

Jaysus lads are you mad, don't be talking to him, he's had the Rona! You'd better hope your antivirus software is up to date.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

It can't spread over the internet I'm told so you're safe with us.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,411 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

He might think you are reckless that you previously got it and could infect his car by whatever you have been in contact with before getting in his car. Wash your hands etc etc etc campaigns.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,529 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

What I find curious is that if you were getting lift twice a week you didn't infect your colleague already.
    Just give it the month, it's nothing personal, probably.

* Puts OP on ignore just in case

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,422 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Mod:

I don't think you'll find the answers you want here OP.

Thread Closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement