If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hdmi 2.1 av receivers

Options
  • 10-12-2020 12:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,293 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I have a pioneer vsx 933 that is less than a year old but it doesnt support hdmi 2.1 and 120fps for games, can you advise on what receiver's you stock that do support this? 

Thanks
    Dave 

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

Goose81 wrote: »
    Hi,

I have a pioneer vsx 933 that is less than a year old but it doesnt support hdmi 2.1 and 120fps for games, can you advise on what receiver's you stock that do support this? 

Thanks
    Dave 
    Hi Goose81,

Thanks for the post!

I would recommend the new Denons, starting with the AVRX2700 which support HDMI2.1, 120Hz and 8K passthrough:

https://www.richersounds.ie/p-14159-denon-avrx2700-black-dolby-atmos-and-dts-x-av-receiver.aspx

Let me know what you think!

Kind regards

David

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

Hi,

Thanks
    Dave 
    Hold your horses. There is a big problem with current HDMI implementation... 

grogi wrote: »
    Hi,

Thanks
    Dave 
    Hold your horses. There is a big problem with current HDMI implementation... 

Hi Grogi,

The issue has actually been recently fixed for PS5 120Hz and they are working on a fix for the XBox but i believe it's a compatibility issue on the console end from what I've heard from Denon.

Kind regards

David

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

Hi,

Thanks
    Dave 
    Hi Grogi,

The issue has actually been recently fixed for PS5 120Hz and they are working on a fix for the XBox but i believe it's a compatibility issue on the console end from what I've heard from Denon.

Kind regards

David
    Great to hear. 

Hi,

Thanks
    Dave 
    Hi Grogi,

Kind regards

David
    Great to hear. 
    Definitely! Haven't seen them running on 120Hz yet but wouldn't mind getting a look!

Kind regards

David

• Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.