Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Currys pc world

Options
  • 10-12-2020 2:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 8

bought a laptop on black Friday in nov I had to pay for it to be delivered as they had none in the shop .i was told 3 to 5 working days .I bought this for my daughters birthday which is the 11 th Dec I have sent currys 6 emails trying to find out where my laptop was and that I needed it for the 11th Dec for my daughters birthday and to this date I have not heard from them other than automated responses I have also rang them and got automated voice which is of no help.
    I don't have the money to go buy something else for her birthday is there anything I can do.
    Regards
    Dave.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,442 ✭✭✭cml387

Although this applies to the UK I would guess Ireland is affected as well.

Currys PC World asked to honour cancelled Black Friday sales

There are major problems of congestion at British ports due to Covid and Brexit so supplies are being disrupted.

Not what you want to hear I'm afraid but there it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,455 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Rockie 01 wrote: »
    bought a laptop on black Friday in nov I had to pay for it to be delivered as they had none in the shop .i was told 3 to 5 working days.

Bad enough that you believed what you were told by a sales person who wanted to complete the sale but Currys sales staff are the absolute worst at telling porkies.

All of the delivery companies have huge backlogs and are working flat out, you were never going to get delivery in 3 to 5 days.

And three threads in three different fora is a bit excessive.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭silver2020

Just tell your daughter that her present is delayed due to covid volumes.

Print off a photo of the laptop and say "arriving soon just for you"

Kids are far more understandable than adults

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Rockie 01

silver2020 wrote: »
    Just tell your daughter that her present is delayed due to covid volumes.

Print off a photo of the laptop and say "arriving soon just for you"

Kids are far more understandable than adults

I can not send my daughter this.
    As regards to excessive im new to this and did not know where to post it . i am only looking for advice but thanks for your help.
    Regards
    Dave

I can not send my daughter this.
    As regards to excessive im new to this and did not know where to post it . i am only looking for advice but thanks for your help.
    Regards
    Dave

Dear Sir / Madam,

Thank you for your email regarding your recent order.

We are sorry to advise that due to a technical issue, we have not been able to fully capture payment for this order. Due to this, we have had to cancel your order and instruct the money to be returned to you, this should show back in your available balance in 3-5 working days from purchase.

If you need to re-place your order and the price has changed or there was a discount code but this is no longer available, please place the order at the current price and reply to this email with the following details and we will refund you the difference to ensure you pay our Black Friday price.
    Original CIR order reference
    New CIR order reference
    Full name
    Full billing address
    Email address on the order
    We are sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Kind regards,

Team Knowhow

::DISCLAIMER::
    ________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Confidentiality Notice from Dixons Carphone plc (registered in England & Wales No.07105905) of 1 Portal Way, London, W3 6RS ("Dixons Carphone"). The information contained in this e-mail and any attachments may be legally privileged, proprietary and/or confidential. If you received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender by return, permanently delete the e-mail and destroy all hard copies immediately. No warranty is made as to the completeness or accuracy of the information contained in this e-mail. Opinions, conclusions and statements of intent in this e-mail are those of the sender and will not bind any Dixons Carphone group company (Dixons Carphone Group) unless confirmed by an authorised representative independently of this e-mail. We do not accept responsibility for viruses; you must scan for these. E-mails sent to and from Dixons Carphone Group are routinely monitored for record keeping, quality control, training purposes, to ensure regulatory compliance and to prevent viruses and unauthorised use of our computer systems. The Carphone Warehouse Limited (registered in England & Wales No.02142673) is a member of the Dixons Carphone Group and is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
    ________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

• Advertisement

They took my money on the 30th Nov and sent me receipt with delivery date and only today send this

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭raxy

If your not sorted already I'd go back to the shop you bought it from.
    If it was me I'd go in & talk to a sales person & pretend I wanted to buy the same laptop to find out if it's in stock first & then look for a manager. If it's in stock now insist on walking out with either a laptop or a full refund.
    Failing that I'd be looking for a chargeback with your credit card company.

Thank you very much for your reply I will be more wiser in future I have been so nieve but this has opened my eyes on how some people behave to others.
    Thanks
    Dave.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,442 ✭✭✭cml387

raxy wrote: »
    If your not sorted already I'd go back to the shop you bought it from.
    If it was me I'd go in & talk to a sales person & pretend I wanted to buy the same laptop to find out if it's in stock first & then look for a manager. If it's in stock now insist on walking out with either a laptop or a full refund.
    Failing that I'd be looking for a chargeback with your credit card company.

I think you missed the bit where the OP said Curry's were refunding the money.

It's shabby treatment but I think it's about time people saw past this Black Friday nonsense.

I have not missed any of there points these people make promises take your money then let you down regardless of the situation they should not be allowed to treat people like this .as for customer services its non existing.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

I have not missed any of there points these people make promises take your money then let you down regardless of the situation they should not be allowed to treat people like this .as for customer services its non existing.

The last poster wasn't referring to you. They were answering the previous poster.

I don't think anyone would disagree that this was appalling behaviour by Currys/PC World.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,439 ✭✭✭boardise

Welcome to consumer paradise Rockie.
    This is the world where courteous ,well-informed staff work flat out to cater to the needs of their customers promptly and efficiently.
    Fair, transparent pricing is followed up with a brilliant after sales service so the customer can relax and be assured of satisfaction at all times.
    You'll love it here - we all do.

Advertisement