If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Philips 50PUS7805

Options
  • 10-12-2020 10:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭

Hi folks. 

I bought the above TV from you last week. When watching Netflix  (on the TV or via the Sqy Q Box) and Disney plus via the Sky Q box. The picture is awful. In fact it was much better on my 15 year old 42 inch Philips TV which I replaced. I'll upload some pictures. Maybe you could have a look.

Thanks

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

Bhoy1967 wrote: »
    Hi folks. 

I bought the above TV from you last week. When watching Netflix  (on the TV or via the Sqy Q Box) and Disney plus via the Sky Q box. The picture is awful. In fact it was much better on my 15 year old 42 inch Philips TV which I replaced. I'll upload some pictures. Maybe you could have a look.

Thanks
    Hi Bhoy1967,

Thanks for the post!

I have had a look at the photos but it's hard to see the issue on a moving image. Is it a focus issue that you're having?

Have you tried changing any of the picture presets to see if the image quality is improved? If you check online there are a few settings you can change to help the picture but let me know how you get on and we'll look into it further with you.

Kind regards

David

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Bhoy1967

Hi folks. 

Thanks
    Hi Bhoy1967,

Thanks for the post!

I have had a look at the photos but it's hard to see the issue on a moving image. Is it a focus issue that you're having?

Have you tried changing any of the picture presets to see if the image quality is improved? If you check online there are a few settings you can change to help the picture but let me know how you get on and we'll look into it further with you.

Kind regards

David
    Thanks for your reply David,

Yes I have changed the presets but to no avail - the picture is awful - I watched movies in UHD, HD and SD and the picture is blurry, in darkness it is hard to make out images - even trying all presets. I have tested my internet connection and it is working fine and coming in around 50 to 70 mbs.

Where should I look online?

Thanks

Gavin

Hi folks. 

Thanks
    Hi Bhoy1967,

Thanks for the post!

Kind regards

David

Yes I have changed the presets but to no avail - the picture is awful - I watched movies in UHD, HD and SD and the picture is blurry, in darkness it is hard to make out images - even trying all presets. I have tested my internet connection and it is working fine and coming in around 50 to 70 mbs.

Thanks

Gavin
    Thanks for getting back to me Gavin,

There are a few forums where people have shared their own settings to bring the picture quality up. I have found one which seems to get some good feedback you can try:

Picture Mode: Personal
    Colour: 55
    Contrast: 85
    Sharpness: 2
    Brightness: 40
    Colour enhancement: Off
    Colour temperature: Normal
    Contrast mode: Optimised for picture
    Dynamic Contrast: Off
    Gamma: 0
    Video Contrast: 90
    Ultra resolution: On
    Noise reduction: Off
    MPEG artefact reduction: Off
    Motion styles: Off

For HDR up the contrast if you prefer,
    For Dolby Vision go "bright".
    Turn off all motion settings for both.

Let me know how you get on with these!

Kind regards

David

Hi folks. 

Thanks
    Hi Bhoy1967,

Thanks for the post!

Kind regards

David

Thanks

Gavin

There are a few forums where people have shared their own settings to bring the picture quality up. I have found one which seems to get some good feedback you can try:

Kind regards

David
    Hi David,

I have tried all the presets and the above settings - anything in dark is still terrible. I would appreciate any further advice.

Thanks
    Gavin

Hi folks. 

Thanks
    Hi Bhoy1967,

Thanks for the post!

Kind regards

David

Thanks

Gavin

Kind regards

David
    Hi David,

I have tried all the presets and the above settings - anything in dark is still terrible. I would appreciate any further advice.

Thanks
    Gavin
    Hi Gavin,

If you're unhappy with the picture quality we can accept the unit back for refund or exchange if you want to send it back in it's original packaging with all parts and accessories?

I can't think of any other settings that would drastically change the picture quality for you. The other thing we can do is arrange to have an engineer call out to assess it and see if it is faulty but it's hard to see any issues on the photos.

Let me know what you think!

Kind regards

David

• Advertisement

Hi David,

Thanks for your reply.

I would like to look at an exchange as being a first time customer - I am very impressed with your service and prompt replies.

I no longer have the packaging. 

Can you reply privately and we can discuss off line. 

Regards

Gavin

Hi David,

Thanks for your reply.

I would like to look at an exchange as being a first time customer - I am very impressed with your service and prompt replies.

Regards

Gavin
    Hi Bhoy1967,

If you PM me your details we can discuss further!

Kind regards

David

Hi David,

Thanks for your reply.

Regards

Gavin
    Hi Bhoy1967,

If you PM me your details we can discuss further!

Kind regards

David
    Hi David,

I sent the PM to you yesterday.

Regards
    Gavin

• Registered Users Posts: 16,066 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Hi folks. 

Thanks
    You do know Philip's no longer make TVs right?  They got out of that business and sold there name to a Turkish producer that makes cheap TVs for last of former brand names. Some can be good and some bad. Only Sony, Panasonic, LG and Samsung make there own TVs now. It seems your Philip's is bad so I count myself lucky that my fake JVC works great. My parents recently bought a new Philios TV. I hope it's not as bad as that or I will tell them they got rode. 

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

AMKC wrote: »
    Hi folks. 

Thanks
    You do know Philip's no longer make TVs right?  They got out of that business and sold there name to a Turkish producer that makes cheap TVs for last of former brand names. Some can be good and some bad. Only Sony, Panasonic, LG and Samsung make there own TVs now. It seems your Philip's is bad so I count myself lucky that my fake JVC works great. My parents recently bought a new Philios TV. I hope it's not as bad as that or I will tell them they got rode. 
    I wasn't aware of that - thanks for the info

• Advertisement
  • Company Representative Posts: 17,276 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi Bhoy1967.

David is off today so I'm just dropping a post to see if you got sorted yesterday?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,066 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

AMKC wrote: »
    Hi folks. 

Thanks
    I wasn't aware of that - thanks for the info
    Your welcome. Been like for a decade or two now. Philip's pulled out because it was not making money from selling TVs and wanted to concentrate on its medical devices that at the 2008 recession did not help. Other companies like JVC or Sanyo simply went bust in the 90s or 00s and there brand name was sold. 

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Hi Bhoy1967.

David is off today so I'm just dropping a post to see if you got sorted yesterday?
    Hi Kenny,

I'll PM you now.

Thanks
    Gavin

• Company Representative Posts: 17,276 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi Bhoy1967.

Hi Kenny,

I'll PM you now.

Thanks
    Gavin
    Cheers for the PM Bhoy1967.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.