Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bank account closure

Options
  • 10-12-2020 11:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hello,

I have recently submitted account closure request however I haven't received any confirmation about it. Could you please confirm that my request has been processed and that my account was closed?
    (I am not able to access my 365online anymore)

Thank you!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hello,

I have recently submitted account closure request however I haven't received any confirmation about it. Could you please confirm that my request has been processed and that my account was closed?
    (I am not able to access my 365online anymore)

Thank you!
    Hi p_aleksandrova,

Thanks for your post. 

If this account is no longer showing on 365 this would indicate it has been closed however, you should receive a closing statement in the post 3-5 days after the account has closed. 

Thanks
    Tara

• Registered Users Posts: 3 p_aleksandrova

Hi,

I don't know if the account is showing or not on 365 as I no longer can access 365 at all therefore I am asking for confirmation and I live abroad so sending closing statement would not work. Isn't there any other way to get confirmation if it is closed - I was expecting to get a sms as it is stated on your website?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi,

I don't know if the account is showing or not on 365 as I no longer can access 365 at all therefore I am asking for confirmation and I live abroad so sending closing statement would not work. Isn't there any other way to get confirmation if it is closed - I was expecting to get a sms as it is stated on your website?
    Thanks for getting back to us. The online option to close an account is available if the address and contact phone number are up to date on the account. Are these details correct on the account? You can certainly call us on 0035314044000 (9-5 Monday to Friday) and an adviser with account access will be happy to check this for you. Just to mention, if your log in details are no longer working since submitting the request this would also indicate that the account has been closed. 

Thanks
    Tara

• Registered Users Posts: 3 p_aleksandrova

Ok, thank you!

Advertisement