Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bike the World - open road app

Options
  • 10-12-2020 3:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭

Just found this for virtual training, currently free.

https://bikethe.world/

looks like microsoft have a hand in it, anyone here using it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭thejaguar

Looks interesting - is there a mobile app?

**Edit** no there isn't

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭mitchelsontour

Not sure about a mobile app.
    Had a quick look last night, you down load the ride you want and off you go. My better half wanted something with real images rather than zwift and this seems to fit the bill.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,343 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

I've been on this since last year and mentioned it a good few times on here. Heaps of really good videos in HD. A different type of experience from Zwift, no other participants, no VR but there's a whole load of routes with classic climbs from the Tour/Giro /Vuelta.
    There's a lot of climbing routes and the flat ones seem to have plenty of ramps and digs too. Personal favourites are the Alto Del Torno route, which is a cluster of 5-10 minute climbs bunched together and either of the Gamoniteiro routes which are a right tough hour or more with absolutely breathtaking scenery for the last few km if you can see through the sweat running of your brow :D

I'll have to check out the Alto Del Torno route for myself, I have the Mrs set up for the Mt Fuji one this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,343 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

I'll have to check out the Alto Del Torno route for myself, I have the Mrs set up for the Mt Fuji one this evening.

Scenery-wise the Del Torno route is nothing special (in real life it's a stunningly beautiful place but you don't get the panoramic views on screen). I just find it a really good climbing interval workout.
    Gamoniteiro is much more visually impressive. Then of course there's a whole range of Pyrenean and alpine climbs to really test yourself.
    You can also go to their YouTube channel and browse through the catalogue of climbs there to get a feel for what's in store

• Advertisement

Daroxtar wrote: »
    Scenery-wise the Del Torno route is nothing special (in real life it's a stunningly beautiful place but you don't get the panoramic views on screen). I just find it a really good climbing interval workout.
    Gamoniteiro is much more visually impressive. Then of course there's a whole range of Pyrenean and alpine climbs to really test yourself.
    You can also go to their YouTube channel and browse through the catalogue of climbs there to get a feel for what's in store

The Del Torno sounds like a workout I need

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭mamax

Just found this for virtual training, currently free.

https://bikethe.world/

looks like microsoft have a hand in it, anyone here using it?

Thanks, I think I'll have a go at this over the weekend instead of zwift :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,144 ✭✭✭nilhg

Used it last night as eye candy when I was doing a workout from my phone.

I haven't gone into it in much detail but it seems basic enough, no way to integrate a workout directly for example.

Still great value for the cost though and a nice alternative to the comicbook apps.

Advertisement