Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problems with an SPC Connect install

Options
  • 10-12-2020 5:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭

Hi All,

Hoping you can help me out.

I have had nightmare dealing with an alarm installation company which seem hell bent on punishing me for not signing up to their maintenance plan even though I stated from the outset I only wanted an install. I'm not sure I can state their name here as it might be against forum policy.

When they installed I requested an engineering access code, they provided this code to my neighbour when they did his install, but they refused me. My mother had just passed away so I had no head for arguing. Move on a year and a half later and SPC connect push out an update to their phone app and push notifications stopped working on my phone. Being out of warranty with said company I contacted SPC directly and they started helping me out, all settings were correct for push notifications so they asked to remove and re add the panel, that didn't work and I was getting an error, panel couldn't be added back. In the mean time I had also switched internet provider.

Last week I was on to SPC Connect again, they are very helpful and clearly customer focused, when adding back in my panel I got a message stating it was offline and they told me I needed to reset the network connection and that they had reset the encrytion on their end. Under their instruction I was attempting to reset the system but I needed the engineering code, so SPC asked me to request it from the installer.

Back I go to said installer who refuses to give me the engineering code but agree to reset it it to a default code as long as I pay the €170 call out fee and sin a waiver, I reluctantly agreed.

Now they have changed their minds and stated that if I book a call out they will actually come out and completely reset my system to factory defaults.

As far as I am concerned I paid for an installation service and that included configuration of the system, undoing that configuration is removing a service I have already payed for. They are essentially holding me to ransom.

Regardless, assuming I have no option here? and to not get any more stressed about this company, we as a family have a lot to deal with at the moment as this is just an additional stress, if I have them reset the system to factory defaults and pay them for the privilege are there any registered installers that I can pay to configure an already installed system, set up the zones, users etc. If not I'll give it a go but I'd rather pay a certified professional.

Thanks.

Advertisement