Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Signing in on PS5 and PS4 at the same time

Options
  • 10-12-2020 6:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 39

Hi there, been lurking for a while and can't seem to find an answer to this one (on boards and google)

I have a Santa PS5, but I need to download some of my games (that I bought on my own PS4)

If I sign in to the PS5, will it show on my PS4 (don't want the smallie to be asking any questions) that I have logged into a PS5 and if it does show, is it obvious? (anybody got a screenshot possibly)

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

It will show as a PS5 symbol on your username if they see you log in and look at your profile, while online at the same time.

If you do it while they're asleep, they've no way of knowing unless you play a PS5 game, it will show up then in games played.

EDIT: If you log into the PS5 while they are on your profile on the PS4, they will be logged out.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Looks like this, I nearly got busted downloading games for the boys :D

• Registered Users Posts: 39 oldgamerhead

Thanks for the replies!! That's really obvious @dreamers75 :(

So, am I right in saying the PS5 symbol will ONLY show up if I'm online with the Santa PS5 and my smallie is using the PS4 at the same time?

My plan is to download games when he's at school...and then just shut down the PS5. Or is it a case that when he logs on in the evening, they'll still be a PS5 symbol attached to my profile?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Thanks for the replies!! That's really obvious @dreamers75 :(

So, am I right in saying the PS5 symbol will ONLY show up if I'm online with the Santa PS5 and my smallie is using the PS4 at the same time?

My plan is to download games when he's at school...and then just shut down the PS5. Or is it a case that when he logs on in the evening, they'll still be a PS5 symbol attached to my profile?

Not sure to be honest, I would tread carefully here...

It definitely does show a PS5 symbol when online, not sure if it shows it offline...

I'm looking at a friend's profile here and can see Demon Soul's on his on the app but he is offline...

Could be different again on the console....

Fieldog wrote: »
    Not sure to be honest, I would tread carefully here...

It definitely does show a PS5 symbol when online, not sure if it shows it offline...

I'm looking at a friend's profile here and can see Demon Soul's on his on the app but he is offline...

Could be different again on the console....

Thanks for that! Interesting. Not using the app for the smallie, so all clear on that front. The console though...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Just remembered, there is an option to "appear offline".

Log into PS5, hold PS button, scroll across to profile and click "online status" and select "appear offline".

• Registered Users Posts: 12,540 ✭✭✭✭Varik

It won't show the PS5 icon when in rest mode just make sure to delete the notifications as it'll say when they were downloaded if that's a concern.

The app will also tell you when games have finished downloading so you don't have to check so often.

Varik wrote: »
    It won't show the PS5 icon when in rest mode just make sure to delete the notifications as it'll say when they were downloaded if that's a concern.

The app will also tell you when games have finished downloading so you don't have to check so often.

Thanks :) So the PS4 will show that X has been downloaded to PS5?

Advertisement