Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What’s your favorite party food?

2»

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,926 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Crackers with cheese and jam/cranberry sauce, cocktail sausages, ham sambos from the leftover cooked ham

Now you’re talking. That’s my kind of jam. :pac:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,926 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Party food bought in Lidl today. Cheese and onion potato skins, baked Camembert cheese and a banoffi pie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Loughc wrote: »
    Party food bought in Lidl today. Cheese and onion potato skins, baked Camembert cheese and a banoffi pie.

I tried the potato skins before. As far as I recall they were nice. Their hot and spicy prawns are good.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

John_Rambo wrote: »
    Loving the vol eu vent revival, nothing posher than a few in the eighties.
    Along with a pyramid of ferrero rocher. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Recliner

Any M&S party food, especially their prawn selection.
    Puff pastry and Stilton bites from Nigel Slater. We make them every year and oh dear Lord, they are the crack of cheesy nibbles.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/stilton_puffs_33929

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭smellyoldboot

glasso wrote: »
    Spanish Ham Croquettes / Croquetas de Jamón

croquetas-de-jamon-m.jpg

Lidl actually do little bags of those from time to time in their Spanish specials and they're actually delish. A lot smaller than what you'd be served in Spain but pretty good all the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭krissovo

Jamie Olivers sausage rolls recipe is amazing, M&S duck & truffle pate with lightly toasted fresh bread is a taste sensation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Satay chicken skewers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,740 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

A confession of mine is I often find M&S stuff to be overrated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 324 ✭✭Carrie6OD

Mary Berry’s cocktail sausages baked in mango chutney or nigella’s hot bar nuts. Can’t have Christmas without them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭Happy4all

it's hard to beat a packet of Tayto.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 953 ✭✭✭Neames

Cocktail sausages
    Chicken wings
    Cheese on crackers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭sporina

Ardsallagh Goats cheese with cranberry on Sheirdan's brown bread crackers.. hmmmm..

Filo Prawns with sweet chilli sauce.. hmmmmm...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 850 ✭✭✭tickingclock

A confession of mine is I often find M&S stuff to be overrated.

Completely agree and over priced.

I think other super markets have upped their game also

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,833 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

Scotch eggs for breakfast?

Ooooh Matron!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,428 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Went to the new Lidl store in Clonsilla over the weekend to have a browse (we do our weekly grocery shop in Dunnes) and managed to spend €110 in there, great deals on party food & as we're having a little family get together for NYE said sod it & stocked up, that included 2 slabs of beers for €33 too, fantastic deals there atm.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,670 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

Ham sandwiches. (The real thing, home made with thinly sliced ham)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Sam Hain

Creampies

DvB wrote: »
    Went to the new Lidl store in Clonsilla over the weekend to have a browse (we do our weekly grocery shop in Dunnes) and managed to spend €110 in there, great deals on party food & as we're having a little family get together for NYE said sod it & stocked up, that included 2 slabs of beers for €33 too, fantastic deals there atm.

I got two boxes of Bulmers bottles for €30 in LIDL too :)

Loughc wrote: »
    I got two boxes of Bulmers bottles for €30 in LIDL too :)

Saw that but not being a cider fan have no idea of the costs but assumed it was a good deal as I saw more than 1 cutomer with a pair of them in their trolleys.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

A slab of beers and a bottle of whiskey and bottle of Baileys to be purchased so will defo try Lidl as they have some nice craft beers too.

TRS30 wrote: »
    A slab of beers and a bottle of whiskey and bottle of Baileys to be purchased so will defo try Lidl as they have some nice craft beers too.

Tesco have really good deals also atm, especially on spirits.

Advertisement