Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Icons

Options
  • 10-12-2020 6:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,435 ✭✭✭✭

I'm liking the new icons on the mobile /touch version. Good job, simple and effective.

All Eyes On Rafah

Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭SnowyMay

I'm liking the new icons on the mobile /touch version. Good job, simple and effective.

Oh good. Glad you posted that. Thought I was losing it!!

Me too. They're cute!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,755 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Me too. They're cute!

What are you guys seeing?

I’m on the “touch site” but all I get is a different shade on the “thanks” button and a blank icon for, what I presume to be, the “report” button.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

What are you guys seeing?

I’m on the “touch site” but all I get is a different shade on the “thanks” button and a blank icon for, what I presume to be, the “report” button.

Think it is taking a bit of time to be steady for everyone - as I saw the same as you earlier, but the update shows, instead of the Thanks “thumbs up” button, a picture of boobs. There’s also a new “Dislike” button which shows a picture of a sad puppy. Pretty cool in fairness.

SnowyMay wrote: »
    Think it is taking a bit of time to be steady for everyone - as I saw the same as you earlier, but the update shows, instead of the Thanks “thumbs up” button, a picture of boobs. There’s also a new “Dislike” button which shows a picture of a sad puppy. Pretty cool in fairness.

Can confirm!

And the little pm man is a picture of you Emmet. Why do you think I said they're cute! ;);)

• Advertisement

Can confirm!

And the little pm man is a picture of you Emmet. Why do you think I said they're cute! ;);)

And Valeyard said they are simple. :pac:

Ok - maybe too far. But I regret nothing!!!

And Valeyard said they are simple. :pac:

Ok - maybe too far. But I regret nothing!!!

And effective. And Emmet is definitely cute and effective but simple. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Horrible, obviously!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Signore Fancy Pants

Good job fcukers.

I came here to give feedback, or at least to get “clarification” on feedback, not to be flattered, then insulted, and then flattered and insulted!

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Advertisement

I came here to give feedback, or at least to get “clarification” on feedback, not to be flattered, then insulted, and then flattered and insulted!

:D:D:D

Not sorry!

Have to say, I enjoyed this even more than the new icons. :)

:D:D:D

Not sorry!

I’d expect no less from my boards nemesis.
    Have to say, I enjoyed this even more than the new icons. :)

I expected better from you, S. I’m not angry, just disappointed.

I’d expect no less from my boards nemesis.

"Whatevs". I know you like me.

"Whatevs". I know you like me.

Who told you that? They’re lying. Never said that. Shut up.

Anyway, you’ll all be pleased to know that I now see the new button design and I have to agree that they are, indeed, “cute”.

Although, the “thanks” button thumb is a little Facebook-y. Have they bought the site?

Who told you that? They’re lying. Never said that. Shut up.

Knew it! ;);)

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,726 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Only took 22 years and 10 months for the site to get a change right is what I'm hearing.

That or all of you have lost the run of yourselves.

Only took 22 years and 10 months for the site to get a change right is what I'm hearing.

That or all of you have lost the run of yourselves.

I, personally, think a stern verbal warning, in bold, for BuileBeg would get things back on “track”. Along with an apology, of course.

Aside from that, congratulations on the upgrade. All looks very swank.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,047 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Changed over for me yesterday as well after looking weird for a bit.

Very fancy altogether.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Options at bottom look very messy. Old chrome, V57

https://i.postimg.cc/W31014vk/Screenshot-2020-12-11-19-49-22.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,047 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

That looks weird and not what I'm seeing.

Very strange.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,977 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

I'm on chrome / android and this is what I'm seeing. Looks good to me.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 2,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Oink

Yeah I like it.
    I don’t get the Post button icon though. Looks like a bug to me. So a debug button?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 2,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Oink

Oh the bug is gone.
    The dark theme background thingy is nice.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,427 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

What has happened just in the last few minutes?
    The icons on the touch site have gone.
    There is no home button, so I cannot navigate back to the threads!

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    What has happened just in the last few minutes?
    The icons on the touch site have gone.
    There is no home button, so I cannot navigate back to the threads!

Yeah, I’ve got ‘Browse the forums’, ‘My Account’ and ‘Create a post’ at the top of the page written out instead of the icons.

And then I see SnowyMay has closed their account. Could this day get any worse??

• Registered Users Posts: 11,000 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Yeah, I’ve got ‘Browse the forums’, ‘My Account’ and ‘Create a post’ at the top of the page written out instead of the icon

Mine was showing that too, seems to be fixed again now though? Mine is anyway.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

Mine was showing that too, seems to be fixed again now though? Mine is anyway.

Yep, all back to the new setup now. Accompanied by a nice cookie notification to accept.

Advertisement