Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another Child Grooming Gang Busted - 32 Charged

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,303 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

Now move forward to this case. To me it doesn't matter who the perpetrators are, as long as they're caught and brought to justice. Their ethnicity would only matter to me, if the authorities were to 'stand back' rather than offend a community. My brief reading of this story from the original link, doesn't seem to suggest this happened.

This did happen and still is happening. Bottom line is, the police (and it seems particularly those in west yorkshire) dont care about these victims. They ignore their reports, arrest them when they are under the influence of substances given to them by their abusers and even charge them with hate crimes for fighting back. Its naive to suggest that there is no evidence of this happening. There is. Every. Single. Time. Its the same story over and over. But yeah, this one time is different and the police acted brilliantly.

https://news.sky.com/story/grooming-gangs-continuing-to-abuse-children-in-northern-england-victims-and-campaigners-warn-12158336

• Registered Users Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

I'm going to stick my neck out here, as someone is going to disagree with me, based on the arguments that have gone on here.

As a child I had friends who were : Indian, Pakistani, Turkish, Yugoslavian, West Indian, Jewish*, Welsh, Scots, Irish and predominately English. I lived in Birmingham.

All these children acknowledged their own identities (which is why I mentioned Jewish - that's how they identified). For none of them - nor their families, most of whom I knew - was there any type of isolation due to ethnicity or race or colour or nationality. These things didn't matter. When Christopher once again one the sprint on sports day, no one said "ah the black kid won". Nope "Christopher won again!!" leaving the rest of us deflated as he seemed unbeatable. But despite the unsurprising outcome, parents and children would applaud the worthy winner.

Our family left Birmingham for Dublin long before the Birmingham bombs. I remember worrying were any of my old school chums killed or hurt, we were now of an age to go to the pub. I'm pretty sure that any Irish in Birmingham that we knew would have been aghast at their neighbours children being targetted like that. But I then heard that the Irish community in Birmingham was getting a bit of a pasting for something they didn't do.

Now move forward to this case. To me it doesn't matter who the perpetrators are, as long as they're caught and brought to justice. Their ethnicity would only matter to me, if the authorities were to 'stand back' rather than offend a community. My brief reading of this story from the original link, doesn't seem to suggest this happened.

Remember, most people are good. And by the power of copy-and-paste :most Indian, Pakistani, Turkish, Yugoslavian, West Indian, Jewish*, Welsh, Scots, Irish and English are good people.

Just to highlight the exception .. one summer we returned from Ireland after a summer visit to the Grannies. They naturally gave us our 'pingins' to spend in the shop when we got home. Old English and Irish pennies were identical value, and English pennies were common currency in Ireland at the time. Anyway, 8 year old me and my younger brother and sister ran round to the local newsagent next day to spend our new fortunes. When all the stuff was on the counter we handed over our pennies. Typical of his type he sneered "Ah'm not takin' that funnay monay". Despite the fact he knew our family well, and the Bank would have accepted the pennies (as I was later informed). It was the only time I encountered anything like that.

So, lets not tar whole communities with the one brush.

So we should not look for any commonality between the perpetrators of crime then ?

I wonder would you and your fellow thinkers agree that we should not have placed any stock in the fact the commonality between catholic priests and christian brothers was the institution of the catholic church ?

But according to those same people an islamic middle eastern/central Asian upbringing has fook all to do with the child grooming gangs that have come to light in Bradford, Newcastle, Huddersfield, Rochdale, Rotherham, Oxford, etc :rolleyes:

The same ones on here continously spouting not ALL muslims are more concerned with that than fact that 90 something % of these grooming gangs come from the above background and that there is now thousands or children victims.

BTW why is it ok to say that these scumbag perpetrators are Asian and thus intimate they could be Hindu, Sikh or Buddist ?

Why do those religions come lower on the pole ?

I am not allowed discuss …

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭kildare lad

GreeBo wrote: »
    BTW someone asked recently what we get from immigration (other than nice food :rolleyes:)
    Well Ugur Sahin was a Turkish immigrant into Germany a few decades ago and he created the Pfizer Covid-19 vaccine, so there ya go.

What we get are people.

Ah sure that negates all the mass sexual assaults that's been committed by immigrants in germany in the last few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭NickNickleby

ceadaoin. wrote: »
    This did happen and still is happening. Bottom line is, the police (and it seems particularly those in west yorkshire) dont care about these victims. They ignore their reports, arrest them when they are under the influence of substances given to them by their abusers and even charge them with hate crimes for fighting back. Its naive to suggest that there is no evidence of this happening. There is. Every. Single. Time. Its the same story over and over. But yeah, this one time is different and the police acted brilliantly.

https://news.sky.com/story/grooming-gangs-continuing-to-abuse-children-in-northern-england-victims-and-campaigners-warn-12158336

The thrust of the part of my post you quoted, was that THIS CASE didn't suggest police inaction due to the ethnicity of the accused. (in response to the many posts in this thread linking the crimes to ethnicity of the accused).

In response to the rest of your post:
    I don't care about the commonality of clerical child abusers. How do you use this information? What value could it possibly have?

How does the ethnicity of the perpetrators affect the commission of the crime or its subsequent detection and prosecution?

90% of the groomers come from whatever background. So what? 100% of those planting bombs in England in the 1970's were Irish, so what?

Edit: I need to take some of that back, somewhat. By following my line, you arrive at the latest New Zealand finding. The security forces primarily focused on Muslim groups, and subsequently a white supremacist carried out a massacre. So, in the main, Islamists were carrying out atrocities, and THAT's where police attention was focused. That seems reasonable to me, and the subsequent breast beating doesn't have any value.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Normal, as in - something happens once in a blue moon and gets a huge amount of publicity, while other communities continue to beat and rape women and girls on a regular basis (but ssssshhhh we don't want talk about that here on boards, it's only the small percentage of Muslim crimes we want to talk about here).

Shame on you!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

in a thread about a child grooming gang being busted you go on about a cover-up. not doing a very good job are they? whoever "they" are.

https://www.rotherham.gov.uk/downloads/file/279/independent-inquiry-into-child-sexual-exploitation-in-rotherham

There’s the Rotherham report. It details the cover up, the lack of investigation, the details of fathers who tracked down they’re 13yo daughters and we’re then arrested for trying to rescue them.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

https://www.rotherham.gov.uk/downloads/file/279/independent-inquiry-into-child-sexual-exploitation-in-rotherham

There’s the Rotherham report. It details the cover up, the lack of investigation, the details of fathers who tracked down they’re 13yo daughters and we’re then arrested for trying to rescue them.

just fixing the quote broken on that, I obviously very much understand that these muslim sex attack gangs are being covered up by police.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭Gervais08

Shame on you!!

Ugh that’s vile isn’t it? “once in a blue moon”?? Hundreds of men - and there just the ones they’ve caught; active for years - God knows how many children violated.

Vile.

I think it was more that the police ignored the victims, they were let down by the police, among other agencies. Pretty much because of prejudice about their backgrounds.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,303 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

The thrust of the part of my post you quoted, was that THIS CASE didn't suggest police inaction due to the ethnicity of the accused. (in response to the many posts in this thread linking the crimes to ethnicity of the accused).

In response to the rest of your post:
    I don't care about the commonality of clerical child abusers. How do you use this information? What value could it possibly have?

How does the ethnicity of the perpetrators affect the commission of the crime or its subsequent detection and prosecution?

90% of the groomers come from whatever background. So what? 100% of those planting bombs in England in the 1970's were Irish, so what?

Edit: I need to take some of that back, somewhat. By following my line, you arrive at the latest New Zealand finding. The security forces primarily focused on Muslim groups, and subsequently a white supremacist carried out a massacre. So, in the main, Islamists were carrying out atrocities, and THAT's where police attention was focused. That seems reasonable to me, and the subsequent breast beating doesn't have any value.

The other post you are referring to was another poster, not me btw.

I see no reason to think that this latest grooming gang, which was allowed to continue operating by police, was any different than all the others where it has been found that the ethnicity of the perpetrators was a factor, among other things. The fact is, the police did stand aside and still are, for many reasons. In some cases police have been involved in the abuse as well as their family members. They need to be held accountable for that.

• Advertisement

bubblypop wrote: »
    I think it was more that the police ignored the victims, they were let down by the police, among other agencies. Pretty much because of prejudice about their backgrounds.

ahh you're back, could you let us know what 2 muslim countries and years those lgbt pride marches were in so we could look them up ?

ahh you're back, could you let us know what 2 muslim countries and years those lgbt pride marches were in so we could look them up ?

That's from a different thread and it was already posted on there.

That's from a different thread and it was already posted on there.

no, it was this theread,
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=115605506&postcount=421
    'the balkans' was not a sufficient answer if you could update us all when you have a chance.

The Balkans is more than adequate. There are not so many Muslim majority countries there and if you really want to find something about pride parades there you will find them online.
    Not sure why your so obsessed.
    Anyway, it has nothing to do with the poor victims in this case.

The Balkans is more than adequate. There are not so many Muslim majority countries there and if you really want to find something about pride parades there you will find them online.

were not obsessed. Just don't like you blatantly telling lies to try and defend islamism and their horrific treatment of women and homosexuals for no apparent reason and then telling another lie about how you had answered it and it was a different thread, neither of which were true.

Its becoming pretty clear that the only way to defend the cultural norms of islam is to lie about them.

were not obsessed. Just don't like you blatantly telling lies to try and defend islamism and their horrific treatment of women and homosexuals for no apparent reason.

No lies.
    if you would like to link to any post where I have defended bad treatment of women or homosexuals I would like to see it?

No lies.
    if you would like to link to any post where I have defended bad treatment of women or homosexuals I would like to see it?

id rather not. they exist, but ill get back on topic before this thread gets shut for going off course... I know id like this thread to keep open.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭kildare lad

Why are you afraid to answer the question ?

id rather not. they exist, but ill get back on topic before this thread gets shut for going off course... I know id like this thread to keep open.

They dont.
    You will never see any posts from me defending bad treatment towards anyone.
    So I'll take your apology whenever your ready :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭CtevenSrowder

no, it was this theread,
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=115605506&postcount=421
    'the balkans' was not a sufficient answer if you could update us all when you have a chance.

There is (or was anyway) a pride parade in Istanbul in Turkey.

• Advertisement

There is (or was anyway) a pride parade in Istanbul in Turkey.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Istanbul_Pride
    In 2018, for the fourth consecutive year the Istanbul Governor's Office yet again banned the LGBT Pride Parade, citing security concerns and public order, but around 1,000 people defied the ban, they were met with tear gas and rubber bullets. 11 participants were arrested.

and it went down a treat....

https://www.pewresearch.org/global/2020/06/25/global-divide-on-homosexuality-persists/ 25% of people accept homosexuality in turkey

ceadaoin. wrote: »
    The other post you are referring to was another poster, not me btw.

I see no reason to think that this latest grooming gang, which was allowed to continue operating by police, was any different than all the others where it has been found that the ethnicity of the perpetrators was a factor, among other things. The fact is, the police did stand aside and still are, for many reasons. In some cases police have been involved in the abuse as well as their family members. They need to be held accountable for that.

Please accept my apologies, Ceadaoin, not only careless of me, but I've misquoted you. Sorry.

Now I'll agree that the police are falling way short in their investigations, but is it deliberate or inept? It seems to me that in a previous case where they stood back rather than offend anyone (unforgivable), they were brought to book for it.

The policeman you refer to above, wasn't he Muslim /Asian as well. But, and I accept I might be stretching a bit here, is it not more likely he would hamper investigations to 'protect' himself and family members for the obvious selfish reasons.
    I'd find it hard to believe he'd do it to protect Muslims just because they're Muslims. Yet I'd have no problem believing right-on types in authority might do just that.

But..... if we concentrate on the ethnicity of the offenders, aren't we actually creating the problem where those who should act, become paralysed?

I think it was more of a failing in the part of the police to protect the victims.
    The victims were mostly from lower socio economic groups, dysfunctional backgrounds & families.
    They were ignored, abused and ultimately just forgotten unimportant girls. Terrible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭CtevenSrowder

I know hence the 'or was' , I was just answering the question the other OP seemingly could not

Gervais08 wrote: »
    India? You’re holding INDIA up as an example??

Jesus wept.

I held their laws up as an example of their laws compared to Spanish laws. What is it you think I was holding them up as an example of and in what way was I wrong?

Dad of one of the perpetrators blames everyone but themselves.

https://twitter.com/kwilliam111/status/1284087478027255808?s=09

"Angry at the girls involved angry at the boys involved...if social services did their jobs these girs wouldn't be knocking about and these lads wouldn't get involved "

I watched the first 30seconds of that interview. Appalling stuff altogether.

It would never happen.... but if that was me, I'd be on my knees begging the girls for forgiveness for me and my sons, and be distraught and wondering what flaw in my parenting led to this, I'd be telling my sons to get on their knees and beg forgiveness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Gruffalux

"Angry at the girls involved angry at the boys involved...if social services did their jobs these girs wouldn't be knocking about and these lads wouldn't get involved "

Oh dear. Terrible.

I watched the first 30seconds of that interview. Appalling stuff altogether.

It would never happen.... but if that was me, I'd be on my knees begging the girls for forgiveness for me and my sons, and be distraught and wondering what flaw in my parenting led to this, I'd be telling my sons to get on their knees and beg forgiveness.

The interviewer's face when he couldnt see sex with a 13yr old was rape...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭iebamm2580

FFS, yeah no point trying to find a root cause for all theses exact same crimes, its just coincidence shur.

Advertisement