Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another Child Grooming Gang Busted - 32 Charged

Options
1161718192022»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭jelem

Sand wrote: »
    Seek help. Genuinely, one human being to another, seek help.
    lol
    you in your ivory tower on this board in a little "approx 5 million" population,
    that has only just but not completely removed the Catholic jackboot. places wording suggesting
    a worldly wise\whom has lived and worked in many countries with differing customs\religions etc.
    seeks help.
    you forget the likes of myself can point out the irish governments in last 30 years would not be capable
    of runnimg a city like liverpool or manchester as they would all be in jail or booted out within a few months at most.
    i post to show there is another view outside of the elite ruling authortarian irish government supported by
    church\bar council\law society and garda. this can be shown as all means of excuse to post being forwarded
    with ethnicity\religioncountry of origin etc being bandied about.
    the fact others act in a different manner does not show they are wrong but you failing to understand and
    accept thay are different.
    Hence what i point out as Fake Laws being thrust upon citizens are no more than* politicians seeking kudos and
    media coverage by abusing "moral" which is not fact and along with shouting fire in a packed theatre of ignoramuses
    (kept that way intentionaly) to Look Good whilst they rob large pay\perks and pension rights from a small working
    population. the latter of the sentence i have most trouble with as how so many citizens allow the overpayment for
    such incompetance in ALL issues.
    Help arrives in many forms and an alternate view from outside your box and experience may unless too brainwashed and
    limited acumen should enlighten and add a pathway to consider YOUR argument and stance may need altering for
    progression.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,590 ✭✭✭✭Sand

Why would I agree to something I don’t believe is true? That’s why I wouldn’t concede that there is any relationship at all between ethnicity and religion

Humility might be a reason. There is no shame in acknowledging a lack of information. You clearly have no idea what an ethnic group is.
    And where does ethnic conflict not involve warfare of some description?

The US civil rights movements of the 1960s?
    I’m neither interested in point scoring, nor sweeping generalisations about any particular groups in any given society,

Well, we already have examples of where you admit to misrepresenting my views to score points, so we have to doubt your honesty on that claim. I think you would have little or no complaint about sweeping generalizations being made about the indigenous European people. This is why you try to cite dubious media reports about white men.
    You’re right, I wouldn’t class the circumstances in this particular case as the result of an ethnic conflict

Obviously, because you cant conceive of an ethnic conflict where indigenous Europeans are the victims. That isnt what you were taught.
    Ehh, it’s you who accused me (and my ilk) of being almost certain to see the victims accused of a hate crime, and now you’re asking me what hate crime would I convict them under?

I misread your post, and gave you too much credit. I now fully accept you wouldn't charge the foreign gangs who targeted English girls with a hate crime. After all, hate crimes are for those crimes carried out by indigenous people only.
    Well you care, obviously!

I don't care about your sister converting to Islam. You volunteered that unprompted so it seems to be something you want to talk about. I don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,931 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

Humility might be a reason. There is no shame in acknowledging a lack of information. You clearly have no idea what an ethnic group is.

Any chance you might enlighten me as to what you think an ethnic group is then, seeing as you’re of the opinion that I have no idea what an ethnic group is?

The US civil rights movements of the 1960s?

What about it? That was a civil rights movement, it wasn’t an ethnic conflict. There was no attempt to assimilate black people into white society, white people generally wanted nothing to do with black people or black culture, and they still pretty much don’t today. Black people feel pretty much the same way - neither are attempting to oppress or assimilate people from the other ethnic group, they pretty much want nothing to do with each other.

Well, we already have examples of where you admit to misrepresenting my views to score points, so we have to doubt your honesty on that claim. I think you would have little or no complaint about sweeping generalizations being made about the indigenous European people. This is why you try to cite dubious media reports about white men.

I see no reason to defend something I didn’t say, humility, honesty or any of the rest of your crap aside. If you’re going to make accusations, then you’d best provide some compelling evidence, otherwise you’re just pissing into the wind because I have nothing to answer for.

Obviously, because you cant conceive of an ethnic conflict where indigenous Europeans are the victims. That isnt what you were taught.

I can, but the term “Indigenous Europeans” is so broad that it covers quite a few ethnic groups in Europe who are indigenous to Europe, so it’s a bit circular. Our own history is rich with folklore and stories of Irish tribes in constant conflict, our Patron Saint was captured by Irish tribes and brought back to Ireland as a slave, escaped and returned and converted Ireland from Paganism to Christianity. So one version of the story goes anyway, there’s a few versions depending upon which one floats your boat.

I misread your post, and gave you too much credit. I now fully accept you wouldn't charge the foreign gangs who targeted English girls with a hate crime. After all, hate crimes are for those crimes carried out by indigenous people only.

You’re just fcuking all credibility out the window now at this point.

I don't care about your sister converting to Islam. You volunteered that unprompted so it seems to be something you want to talk about. I don't.

Yes, and it appears you missed the point. I’m absolutely certain it’s not only English girls who have suffered that you care about, I’m absolutely certain you’d care about anyone who has suffered, regardless of their nationality or ethnicity or religion or anything else. The point I was making was in reference to my Ugandan friend who would be of the same mindset as yourself when it comes to ‘Muslim enclaves’ in Europe. That’s why she suggested that I should not allow my child to play with the other Muslim children in the neighbourhood, precisely because as she said herself, and she wouldn’t be the first person I’ve heard it from - “they will try to convert him”.

That’s the reason why I said I didn’t have the heart to tell her my sister is Muslim, precisely because I didn’t feel the need to humiliate her for making an ignorant comment. She couldn’t have been aware, and I’m just not the sort of cnut that would remind her, that had it not been for the Missions converting the locals in her own country many years ago, it’s entirely likely she too would be Muslim and would likely be just as suspicious of anyone else who isn’t and quick to paint them as an ethnic group to be suspicious of with their enclaves and their unwillingness to integrate and their propensity towards gang raping the native children by way of “ethnic conflict”, etc, etc.

I also wouldn’t be the kind of cnut that would point out to them if that’s how someone thinks anyone intends to conquer the natives, they’d be off to a piss-poor start. Historically it hasn’t proven to be a very effective strategy.

• Registered Users Posts: 917 ✭✭✭Mr_Muffin

I haven't looked at the article or heard anything about this case. I'm going to take a wild guess and say that at least one of the men involved is called Mohammed or Ali. Am I right?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,116 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Mr_Muffin wrote: »
    I haven't looked at the article or heard anything about this case. I'm going to take a wild guess and say that at least one of the men involved is called Mohammed or Ali. Am I right?
    Mohammed or Ali or Dave or Bill or George;

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/944206/Group-based_CSE_Paper.pdf

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,161 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Well if we read the document. They start off with this:

Ethnicity
    Key findings:
    • Research on offender ethnicity is limited, and tends to rely on poor quality data. It is therefore difficult to draw conclusions about differences in ethnicity of offenders, but it is likely that no one community or culture is uniquely predisposed to offending.

Then follow up with this:

• A number of studies have indicated an over-representation of Asian and Black offenders in group-based CSE. Most of the same studies show that the majority of offenders are White.

Which is kinda contradictory. But if we dig into the figures further:

Data was returned on approximately 2,300 possible offenders, but approximately 1,100 were excluded from analysis due to a lack of basic information. In the remaining 1,200 cases, ethnicity data was unknown for 38% of them. Where data was available 30% of offenders were White, while 28% were Asian.

Of the 52 groups where data provided was useable, half of the groups consisted of all Asian offenders, 11 were all White offenders, 4 were all Black, and 2 were exclusively Arab. There were nine groups where offenders came from a mix of ethnic backgrounds. Looking at the offenders across all groups, of the 306 offenders 75% were Asian.

Data was provided by 19 out of 43 police forces, showing nearly 4,000 offenders, 1,200 of whom were involved in group-based CSE. This study found that 42% were White or White British, 17% were Black or Black British, 14% were Asian or Asian British, and 4% had another ethnicity.

Either side of this is the "data not secure/don't really know" with a large sideorder in my humble of oh god nothing to see here. But OK let's take the figures they do list. According to wikipedia Asians that is South Asians; Indians, Pakistani and Bangladeshi folks make up 4.9 percent of Britain's population. Indians make up the lion's share of that. Pakistanis make up just 1.9 percent. They should be a miniscule number represented in the stats, but they're not. They make up around half up to three quarters of the numbers in the stats we have to hand. That less than 2 percent of one group making up that kind of percentage of cases is more than striking and strikingly obvious something is wrong.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭WrenBoy

jelem wrote: »
    "Christians are being persecuted in North Korea, Afghanistan, Somalia, Libya, Pakistan, Eritrea, Sudan, Yemen, Iran, India and Syria"--
    Simple but you fail to let it sink in to your brain -- wtf you doing there interfering in THEIR countries, hence christians persecuted in
    your words.
    As for N.Korea outsiders are normally usa destructive forces whom are there to do harm.
    Again seems those whom post fail obviously because of brainwashing and lack of accumen to gain an independant personal and knowledgeable assessment from multiple sources.

You realise this isn't Christians from the West parachuting into these countries, its for the most part North Korean, Afghani, Somali, Libyan, Pakistani, Eritrean, Sudanese, Yemeni, Iranian, Indian and Syrian people who have become Christians and are then persecuted. Do you ask what buddhist, muslim or hindu etc religions are doing in the West ? wtf they doing interfering in OUR countries?
    Ridiculous points.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

How Australia handled a Australian-Lebanese rape gang
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bilal_Skaf

Bilal Skaf is a Lebanese Australian serial gang rapist who led groups of Lebanese-Australian men who committed gang rape attacks against mainly white women and girls as young as 14 years in Sydney in 2000.

Jailed for 55 years with a 40-year non-parole period.
    Skaf has not shown remorse for his crimes.

His younger brother Mohammed Skaf was sentenced to 31 years for the participation.

This is what prison is for, get the criminals off the streets so they won't offend any more.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,116 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Wibbs wrote: »
    Well if we read the document. They start off with this:

Ethnicity
    Key findings:
    • Research on offender ethnicity is limited, and tends to rely on poor quality data. It is therefore difficult to draw conclusions about differences in ethnicity of offenders, but it is likely that no one community or culture is uniquely predisposed to offending.

Then follow up with this:

• A number of studies have indicated an over-representation of Asian and Black offenders in group-based CSE. Most of the same studies show that the majority of offenders are White.

Which is kinda contradictory.

It's not contradictory at all. The majority of offenders are white, but some people are using the 'over-representation' issue as an excuse to take a swipe at Muslim communities, while ignoring the majority of offenders.

It's just an excuse for racism, while turning a blind eye to the majority of offenders.

Advertisement