Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another Child Grooming Gang Busted - 32 Charged

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭V8 Interceptor

GreeBo wrote: »
    I think you are being far too simplistic here and frankly it's just islamaphobia.
    No such thing.
    In the West a paedo would be just as likely to talk to others of the same ilk as a Muslim would. It's not like these Muslims were just s bunch of randomers or that they were sharing details with the bloke down the road, just because he happened to be Muslim too.
    With respect you didn't read what I said. If you take Rotherham as an example it would've been impossible for the entire adult male Muslim community not to have known or directly participated. All the other towns show the exact same trends. Small Muslim communities with large numbers of English girls abused.

Why are UK grooming gangs 85% Muslim if the Muslim population is 5%?
    You are just driving the narrative that this is inherent to ask Muslims, when clearly that is not the case.
    Its inherent to Islam. I think you're probably a nice person who thinks the best of people to be fair but perhaps naive when it comes to that ideology.
    seenitall wrote: »
    Thank you :) (though really - Shakespearean?!)

I started learning English at a very young age, I was probably around 5 or 6 when I got gifted some English Language picture books; my mother was an English teacher.

Well that explains it! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,590 ✭✭✭✭Sand

Yeah I get that, but it would seem strange to me that an entire society would or indeed could develop around that massive contradiction.

That male society is the same one that has the dangerous environment and it's the same men causing the danger

And its the men in charge, so what solution are they going to arrive at? The one that demands they change? Or the one that restricts the women?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

I don't know if it's inherently Muslim. If you dropped an Irishman from a hundred years ago into today's society he would probably think young girls in today's society were completely wild.

You keep men and women apart their whole lives and portray women who are not traditional or covered as fallen. You are going to have culture shocks.

You are going to have men that have horrible attitudes towards women. You are going to have men that do not see women as people in the same way as western men who have been around women all their lives.

Obviously I am hugely generalizing. I don't mean to sound so horrible about men. But I do think some of it is due to culture shock. And any tendencies they have are amplified if you tell them their whole lives they will be driven mad by seeing hair.

^^
    That's pretty spot on.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,117 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

No, but priests certainly have a poor reputation...

Priests, scout leaders, football coaches, swimming coaches, teachers - take your pick
    The opposite could also be said. That liberals hate to see all these muslim paedo crimes coming out because it bursts the diversity bubble.
    What specific bubble does it burst?

sasta le wrote: »
    How are all these Muslims getting into Ireland?
    These Muslims aren't in Ireland. They're in the UK if you read the news reports, though it's amazing to see the enthusiasm of some posters here to pick up and highlight such scandals from anywhere across the world and bizarrely, to assume that such things are definitely happening in Ireland.
    My neighbours daughter was 14 and going to school in a small town nearby. Pakistani guy in a new kebab shop was hitting on her every time she went there for lunch. She declines him but does set him up with her crazy aunt. Her aunt has moderate/severe mental health problems and abused him, punched him, beat him up and broke his Xbox. He moved away as he was scared to dump her :D

What exactly is :D out this scenario? An apparent paedophile has been moved on to another location, ready to start again, and a mentally ill woman has gotten away with abusing and beating someone up.

Where is the :D there?
    It's happening here. Have a look at the young ones hanging around the kebab shops. Lads coming and going in taxis. Only a matter of time before it's reported.

Taxis? Surely not lads in taxis? That's a definite paedo giveaway, isn't it? And as for teenagers hanging around fast food places, I'm not sure what conclusion you're managing to tease out there.

Have you reported these cases yourself?
    As well as the fear of being seen as racist there is also an attitude towards vulnerable working class girls that needs to improved in the police.

You can be sure if they were girls from better backgrounds this would not be going on as long as it has.

Hopefully after previous scandals the police are taking this more seriously.

Same attitudes towards working class lads too.
    Bonniedog wrote: »
    No one cares. that is why it is so prevalent in Britain.
    How prevalent is it in Britain exactly? How does it compare to other cases or other cultures?
    I don't mean any disrespect but if you're asking that at this stage, after all the revelations that've come out of the UK over the last few years, then I think its time you reconsidered your news feeds fella.
    FinalIronyMeter.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,855 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

I don't know if it's inherently Muslim. If you dropped an Irishman from a hundred years ago into today's society he would probably think young girls in today's society were completely wild.

You keep men and women apart their whole lives and portray women who are not traditional or covered as fallen. You are going to have culture shocks.

You are going to have men that have horrible attitudes towards women. You are going to have men that do not see women as people in the same way as western men who have been around women all their lives.

Obviously I am hugely generalizing. I don't mean to sound so horrible about men. But I do think some of it is due to culture shock. And any tendencies they have are amplified if you tell them their whole lives they will be driven mad by seeing hair.

Hold on a second now. Were those people convicted in the UK scandals recent immigrants or were they UK born, just from those "communities"? Or at the very least would have grown up in the UK. I wouldn't be making excuses for them at all.

They preyed almost exclusively on one type of target - young white girls.

With respect you didn't read what I said. If you take Rotherham as an example it would've been impossible for the entire adult male Muslim community not to have known or directly participated. All the other towns show the exact same trends. Small Muslim communities with large numbers of English girls abused.
    Presumably it would also have been impossible for the entire adult male priest community in Ireland not to have known or directly participated? And same for the entire adult male swim coach community in Ireland not to have known or directly participated? And same for the entire adult male scout leader community in Ireland not to have known or directly participated?
    Why are UK grooming gangs 85% Muslim if the Muslim population is 5%?
    What's your source for these figures please?

And have you got comparable figures of overall sexual abusers or paedophiles?
    Well in England the authorities knew all about it but left the girls to their fate because it'd be racist to intervene.
    What's your source for this claim about these abusers please?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 725 ✭✭✭ElJeffe

Hold on a second now. Were those people convicted in the UK scandals recent immigrants or were they UK born, just from those "communities"? Or at the very least would have grown up in the UK. I wouldn't be making excuses for them at all.

Mostly young working class white girls.

I'm not making excuses for anyone. I am suggesting reasons it may be more prevalent in some cultures or seems to be and the reasons they prey on young white girls.

ElJeffe wrote: »
    Mostly young working class white girls.

Exactly. Because that's who is always preyed on in higher numbers. Because nobody gives a **** about them whatever colour they are.

• Advertisement

Presumably it would also have been impossible for the entire adult male priest community in Ireland not to have known or directly participated? And same for the entire adult male swim coach community in Ireland not to have known or directly participated? And same for the entire adult male scout leader community in Ireland not to have known or directly participated?
    Yes but not the entire male population of Ireland.
    Quilliam. Look it up yourself.

That the authorities knew about it all along? You're obviously having a laugh.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭Gervais08

Exactly. Because that's who is always preyed on in higher numbers. Because nobody gives a **** about them whatever colour they are.

The police were interviewing one of the rape victims and after switching the recorder off said “come now, you’re just after a bit of money aren’t you ?”

Sick.

How is preying on white girls by a non-white gang of predators not at the very least seen as racist ?? Everything else seems to be!

More defenders of that filth!! Shocking isn’t it ?

But these were all white girls. No black or brown girls.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

And have you got comparable figures of overall sexual abusers or paedophiles?

Totally disingenuous.
    The sources of the widespread grooming and rape of underage white girls in cities all around England by mostly Pakistani men are widespread and well known. The lack of investigation by the authorities due to "diversity sensitivity" or perceived racial bias due to the race of the perpetrators is also well known; so much so that you might have missed the film they created about it.
    Looking for sources for these appalling events in English history is disingenuous.

I just hope that the Irish authorities will not repeat the mistakes of the British when reports of similar grooming and rapes by perpetrators of the same background to those in England are reported by victims in Ireland .......... and unfortunately it will happen here.

So just to be clear, the credibility of your argument here rests on your claim that every priest in Ireland knew of paedophilia happening in the 1970s?

So you don't have any source for that claim then. That's pretty much what I thought.
    And you don't have any source for that claim either. Shocker.

Kivaro wrote: »
    Totally disingenuous.
    The sources of the widespread grooming and rape of underage white girls in cities all around England by mostly Pakistani men are widespread and well known. The lack of investigation by the authorities due to "diversity sensitivity" or perceived racial bias due to the race of the perpetrators is also well known; so much so that you might have missed the film they created about it.
    Looking for sources for these appalling events in English history is disingenuous.

I just hope that the Irish authorities will not repeat the mistakes of the British when reports of similar grooming and rapes by perpetrators of the same background to those in England are reported by victims in Ireland .......... and unfortunately it will happen here.
    Since when is 'looking for sources' disengenious?

If these are facts, it won't be difficult to report the sources.

If they're not facts, and they are things that are 'widely known' (which means they are rumours widely shared without any sources in certain circles), they have zero credibility.

Gervais08 wrote: »
    More defenders of that filth!! Shocking isn’t it ?

The best attack on the 'defenders' would be to produce reputable sources for any the claims mentioned.

The police were interviewing one of the rape victims and after switching the recorder off said “come now, you’re just after a bit of money aren’t you ?”

Sick.

How is preying on white girls by a non-white gang of predators not at the very least seen as racist ?? Everything else seems to be!

I think that attitude that the police had is completely getting lost. It wasn't all just about fear of appearing racist.

It's a disgusting attitude towards teenage girls if they are not well behaved enough. Then they bring it on themselves.

So just to be clear, the credibility of your argument here rests on your claim that every priest in Ireland knew of paedophilia happening in the 1970s?
    No that was your daft analogy. An extrapolation of your analogy would be all the men in Ireland = all the Muslim men in Rotherham.

So you don't have any source for that claim then. That's pretty much what I thought.
    I gave you the name. Do your own research.
    And you don't have any source for that claim either. Shocker.
    Yep. Troll.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,944 ✭✭✭Marty Bird

Its very interesting people’s comments on these types of cases more negative about the people that expose these groups than people who commit these filthy crimes.

🌞6.02kWp⚡️3.01kWp South/East⚡️3.01kWp West

Since when is 'looking for sources' disengenious? If these are facts, it won't be difficult to report the sources.

If they're not facts, and they are things that are 'widely known' (which means they are rumours widely shared without any sources in certain circles), they have zero credibility.

You seem to suppose that we should be your private tutor, going and getting all the information and presenting it to you on your lap.

Do you have a private secretary you're used to asking for stuff all the time?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭enricoh

It's just the racist newspapers only report the pakistani grooming gangs lads, there's tons of white british ones targeting pakistani kids. isn't that right Andrew?!

And it can't happen here in Ireland because there is a big sea between us and the uk and all the nice ones come here anyway. Isn't that right Andrew?!
    That's that sorted.

The best attack on the 'defenders' would be to produce reputable sources for any the claims mentioned.

You mean like you were given and conveniently ignored?

Marty Bird wrote: »
    Its very interesting people’s comments on these types of cases more negative about the people that expose these groups than people who commit these filthy crimes.

That would certainly be Naz Shah MP’s (for one) thoughts certainly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

Marty Bird wrote: »

It is Marty. And the underage rape victims received the same attitude when they tried to report the crimes committed against them. Many of the social workers who tried to support these girls received a lot of push-back and negativity from the authorities. The authorities tried to do what some posters are doing on here; if they can successfully hide what happened to the girls then it never happened.
    They were however unable to hide these crimes because similar stories with the same modus operandi committed by a similar demographic were reported in towns and cities all over Britain. They tried to stem a leak of abuses, but they could not hold back the flood.

That would certainly be Naz Shah MP’s (for one) thoughts certainly.

Her comments were disgusting all the more from coming from a woman. Absolutely appalling.

Her comments were disgusting all the more from coming from a woman. Absolutely appalling.

And as I noted yesterday, Shadow Minister for Women. Just not white working class women.

You'll find the attitude of Muslim women to their western sisters is little better than the men's. When this scandal was being debated on TV time and again I heard the Muslimas blame the girls for the way they were dressing/behaving and leading their men astray. Even though they were essentially only kids.

If all the Muslim men knew what was going on you can be sure the women had a good idea too.

• Advertisement

You'll find the attitude of Muslim women to their western sisters is little better than the men's. When this scandal was being debated on TV time and again I heard the Muslimas blame the girls for the way they were dressing/behaving and leading their men astray. Even though they were essentially only kids.

If all the Muslim men knew what was going on you can be sure the women had a good idea too.

I heard the policewoman who was lead investigator say just that - in the (apologies for the term, it’s vile but it was used) “pop up brothels” the wives and sisters etc would arrange snacks and drinks and would wait in another room.

How can you hear your family member or spouse rape a succession of young girls, barely teenagers and calmly make tea ? That is sociopathic right there.

Advertisement