Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another Child Grooming Gang Busted - 32 Charged

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

Gervais08 wrote: »
    I heard the policewoman who was lead investigator say just that - in the (apologies for the term, it’s vile but it was used) “pop up brothels” the wives and sisters etc would arrange snacks and drinks and would wait in another room.

How can you hear your family member or spouse rape a succession of young girls, barely teenagers and calmly make tea ? That is sociopathic right there.

Jesus christ. That is horrible. I hope that's not true.

I'm not disagreeing with you but that is horrific.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭Gervais08

Jesus christ. That is horrible. I hope that's not true.

I'm not disagreeing with you but that is horrific.

It was one of those things you read and desperately want it to be false.

Sky News right now on this and it’s chilling.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

I don't know if it's inherently Muslim. If you dropped an Irishman from a hundred years ago into today's society he would probably think young girls in today's society were completely wild.

I remember reading an account from the late middle ages of Muslims being shocked that European Noblemen allowed their women to talk with and walk alongside other Noblemen

Arab culture has always been a few hundred years behind what we consider civilisation

Just remembered something from Rotherham - when one teenager reported her rape, wasn’t she arrested for prostitution???

I’m sure I recall that.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭V8 Interceptor

I heard the policewoman who was lead investigator say just that - in the (apologies for the term, it’s vile but it was used) “pop up brothels” the wives and sisters etc would arrange snacks and drinks and would wait in another room.

How can you hear your family member or spouse rape a succession of young girls, barely teenagers and calmly make tea ? That is sociopathic right there.

What's even more sociopathic is a nation allowing its girls be raped like this by men from the other side of the Planet and doing nothing.

That's even more sickening.

Would the Tommies who died in WW2 have allowed this to happen to their girls? There would've been paedos and rapists hanging from the lampposts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,670 ✭✭✭volchitsa

That would certainly be Naz Shah MP’s (for one) thoughts certainly.
    What did she say? Any links? I can't see anything in the papers about it.

She didn't say anything but "liked" a post that said "Those girls should shut their mouths for the sake of diversity"

• Registered Users Posts: 27,164 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

No such thing.

With respect you didn't read what I said. If you take Rotherham as an example it would've been impossible for the entire adult male Muslim community not to have known or directly participated. All the other towns show the exact same trends. Small Muslim communities with large numbers of English girls abused.

Why are UK grooming gangs 85% Muslim if the Muslim population is 5%?

Its inherent to Islam. I think you're probably a nice person who thinks the best of people to be fair but perhaps naive when it comes to that ideology.

Well that explains it! ;)

So every Muslim in Rotherham was either directly involved or was involved in a cover up? Ergo all Muslims everywhere are involved or condone it?
    That's honestly your opinion and yet in the same post you say that there is no such thing as islamaphobia?

Since you are all about the stats, what percentage of all Muslims have been involved in child abuse?
    How about even in the UK? There are quite a few million of them at last count.. If your facts were even half true the UK would be a paedophile haven. Last time I checked that wasn't the case.

Btw did you ever bother to distinguish Sunni from Shia, or are all those foreigners the same to you?

Those who discriminate often hide behind calling everyone who doesn't agree naive, it's a well worn road that gets found out in the end.

Okay so Muslim gang grooming of English girls is a myth?

Obviously I am hugely generalizing..

Well you are certainly in the correct thread so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

volchitsa wrote: »
    What did she say? Any links? I can't see anything in the papers about it.

She liked and retweeted a parody account which said those girls should keep their mouths shut for the sake of diversity.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

GreeBo wrote: »
    So every Muslim in Rotherham was either directly involved or was involved in a cover up? Ergo all Muslims everywhere are involved or condone it?

I don't think you understand what "ergo" means

2302gj.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 29,117 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

No that was your daft analogy. An extrapolation of your analogy would be all the men in Ireland = all the Muslim men in Rotherham.
    My analogy is no more or no less daft than your claim about all Muslim men in Rotherham. But it seemed like the kind of thread where you get away with making daft claims without any evidence to back them up, so I just thought I'd join in the fun.
    I gave you the name. Do your own research.

You gave the name of an organisation that last issued a press release in July, so I'm confused as to how they could be evidence to support your claim about these recent arrests. Have they published some information on this case or not?

Or maybe you could just be honest here and admin that you selected on particular aspect of a previous case and made up a story about how it applies to this case, although you have absolutely no evidence of this?
    Yep. Troll.

Interesting, dropping down to personal insults instead of an actual discussion.

I'd guess we're about ten posts from someone screaming 'paedo' at me, the kind of stuff we see at far-right protests.

You seem to suppose that we should be your private tutor, going and getting all the information and presenting it to you on your lap.

Do you have a private secretary you're used to asking for stuff all the time?

It's not 'all the information'. It is a specific claim that you have presented here. It is becoming blindingly obvious that you just made it up, and you're doubling-down on your attack on me to try to hide what's going on here - where you make claims with zero evidence.
    You mean like you were given and conveniently ignored?
    There was no source given. There was a name of an organisation that last issued a press release in July, so how could they be a source of information on this case?

Okay so Muslim gang grooming of English girls is a myth?

Your issue is that you can't or won't distinguish between a gang of child abusers who happen to be Muslim and a gang of Muslims who are naturally child abusers. You desperately want it to be accepted as the default behaviour of Muslim gangs.

To you it seems just if not more important that they be identified as Muslim rather than child abusers.
    If they were Hindi or Jewish or Russian orthodox would you still be feverishly posting and foaming at the mouth?

France has the largest Muslim population in Europe... Where are all their gangs of child abusers? Rotherham perhaps?

Your narrative is the same as the idea that black men were mugging everyone in sight in the UK in the 1970s, or more recently Hillary Clinton and her super predator black men.

It's ironic that in your attempts to stereotype Muslims you are the archetypal islamaphobe.

https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/full/10.1177/0306396819895727

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Approved User Assesment

Since you are all about the stats, what percentage of all Muslims have been involved in child abuse?
    How about even in the UK? There are quite a few million of them at last count.. If your facts were even half true the UK would be a paedophile haven. Last time I checked that wasn't the case.

Seen a UK FOI request reply stat that circa 12% of all rapes were commited by Muslim men for a recent group of years (haven't got time to re-google it).

There is also a PDF in public domain (again via google) which gives official stats of the prison population in England, with Muslim men in the 12% region of all prisoners (and increasing).

What proportion of the uk is Muslim again, only 3 or 4% isn't it.
    I.e. Not 12% as represented in crime figures. Oops.

You'll find the attitude of Muslim women to their western sisters is little better than the men's. When this scandal was being debated on TV time and again I heard the Muslimas blame the girls for the way they were dressing/behaving and leading their men astray. Even though they were essentially only kids.

If all the Muslim men knew what was going on you can be sure the women had a good idea too.

This might be a good time to remind ourselves of the time a barrister in an Irish court held up the underwear of a rape victim as evidence of how she was leading her attacker astray. Here's a report from Canada of what happened in an Irish court case.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/ireland-rape-underwear-1.4905643

Would it surprise you greatly to find that victim blaming happens with all kinds of rape cases, not just those involving Muslim men?

Bambi wrote: »
    I don't think you understand what "ergo" means

2302gj.jpg

One of us certainly doesn't. It means therefore and I suggest you read the posts I was replying to as they openly state that child abuse is the norm for Muslims and also that all Muslims in Rotherham were complicit.

"It's inherent" was the phrase used by that poster.

GreeBo you do realise that its been widely accepted in the UK for some time now that there's a big Muslim grooming gang problem?

You're going against the establishment here, you know that right?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,670 ✭✭✭volchitsa

Your issue is that you can't or won't distinguish between a gang of child abusers who happen to be Muslim and a gang of Muslims who are naturally child abusers. You desperately want it to be accepted as the default behaviour of Muslim gangs.

To you it seems just if not more important that they be identified as Muslim rather than child abusers.
    If they were Hindi or Jewish or Russian orthodox would you still be feverishly posting and foaming at the mouth?

France has the largest Muslim population in Europe... Where are all their gangs of child abusers? Rotherham perhaps?

Your narrative is the same as the idea that black men were mugging everyone in sight in the UK in the 1970s, or more recently Hillary Clinton and her super predator black men.

It's ironic that in your attempts to stereotype Muslims you are the archetypal islamaphobe.

https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/full/10.1177/0306396819895727
    That's a good question. Maybe it's like clerical child abuse though? We thought it was just Irish Catholic priest, then a couple of decades later it turned out there were Mexicans and Germans and Poles, and now we're finding out the Anglican church have their share of secrets there too.

So I wouldn't be 100% sure there isn't also a problem in France or wherever that just hasn't yet come to light.

• Advertisement

Seen a UK FOI request reply stat that circa 12% of all rapes were commited by Muslim men for a recent group of years (haven't got time to re-google it).

There is also a PDF in public domain (again via google) which gives official stats of the prison population in England, with Muslim men in the 12% region of all prisoners (and increasing).

What proportion of the uk is Muslim again, only 3 or 4% isn't it.
    I.e. Not 12% as represented in crime figures. Oops.

You appear to be lost, don't you mean to be posting in the BLM threads about how black people commit all the crimes anyway, so what if the police knock a few off asking the way.

Btw that's a D- for your ability to cite references. I can find anything to prove anything on Google.

Oh and fun fact, a tiny majority of rapes are reported and even fewer result in conviction, congratulations you just proved that Muslim men are likely discriminated against in rape cases.

Do you see what I did there?

GreeBo you do realise that its been widely accepted in the UK for some time now that there's a big Muslim grooming gang problem?

You're going against the establishment here, you know that right?

Forgive me for not automatically siding with the opinions of openly islamaphobic people when it comes to my thoughts about Muslims.

Where is this establishment defined exactly, can you share some publications that back up your claims?

Btw, daily mail won't count.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Approved User Assesment

It's not the norm, but it certainly is a very worrying over-representation (300-400%) for such specific, and indeed all crimes: from Muslim men in regards to the Britain.

Further more, there is very strong cultural links to Pakistan and Pakistani culture in many of the grooming gang cases. It's very unfair to label such men simply as 'Asian' this unfairly tars around 1.3rd of the world's population, when it's a smaller unique sub-group from a specific geographical cultural area that bears such over-representations.

You appear to be lost, don't you mean to be posting in the BLM threads about how black people commit all the crimes anyway, so what if the police knock a few off asking the way.

Btw that's a D- for your ability to cite references. I can find anything to prove anything on Google.

Oh and fun fact, a tiny majority of rapes are reported and even fewer result in conviction, congratulations you just proved that Muslim men are likely discriminated against in rape cases.

Do you see what I did there?

Oh yeah and so does every right thinking person here.

volchitsa wrote: »
    That's a good question. Maybe it's like clerical child abuse though? We thought it was just Irish Catholic priest, then a couple of decades later it turned out there were Mexicans and Germans and Poles, and now we're finding out the Anglican church have their share of secrets there too.

So I wouldn't be 100% sure there isn't also a problem in France or wherever that just hasn't yet come to light.

Don't you see how dangerous this is? You are already halfway down the slippery slope. You are deep in confirmation bias, to the point where your argument is "the facts are probably there, we just haven't found them yet"

This is what gets innocent people jailed and kicks off race wars.

You simply cannot "maybe" your way to believing this stuff.

Forgive me for not automatically siding with the opinions of openly islamaphobic people when it comes to my thoughts about Muslims. Where is this establishment defined exactly, can you share some publications that back up your claims?

Yeah, that's right. I'm going to trawl UK Govt reports etc just for you...

Any chance you might do some of your own research? You can start with the Rotherham report and see how it implicates practically the entire Muslim community in the scandal.
    Btw, daily mail won't count.
    I bet the Guardian would though right? lol

Oh yeah and so does every right thinking person here.

Every right thinking person thinks blacks commit more crimes then whites?

Man it's all coming out tonight isn't it!

Anything else you want to share with the group? Any feelings towards Hispanics, Asians or disabled people maybe? How about them Jews, they must be due another round by now?

This is what gets innocent people jailed and kicks off race wars.

What kicks off race wars is mixing cultures/races to such an extent that its inevitable.

It's not the norm, but it certainly is a very worrying over-representation (300-400%) for such specific, and indeed all crimes: from Muslim men in regards to the Britain.

Further more, there is very strong cultural links to Pakistan and Pakistani culture in many of the grooming gang cases. It's very unfair to label such men simply as 'Asian' this unfairly tars around 1.3rd of the world's population, when it's a smaller unique sub-group from a specific geographical cultural area that bears such over-representations.

In the majority of the grooming gangs in the UK (the ones caught so far anyway) the breakdown was 84% Pakistani and Bangladeshi in origin.

• Advertisement

Every right thinking person thinks blacks commit more crimes then whites? Man it's all coming out tonight isn't it!

I don't want to get sidetracked but that is a fact is it not?

Advertisement