Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another Child Grooming Gang Busted - 32 Charged

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,164 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

volchitsa wrote: »
    You seemed to be saying it was evidence that France's high Muslim population and absence of known gangs of this type was evidence that they didn't exist.

You mean you think it's ok to say that Pakistanis are more likely to be rapists than Europeans, but not that Muslims are? Why is that ok? The Lahore police chief thinks so, so maybe you're right, but I find it a bit shocking myself.

No I'm simply saying that if being Muslim meant you were inherently a child abuser, as posted on this thread, then surely the country with the largest population of Muslims would have a visible problem with Muslim child abuse.

All absence of evidence isn't equal.

No, it's not ok to discriminate any group of people based on the actions of some of even a majority.
    In the case of Pakistan and several other countries, child abuse is rife, but that doesn't mean you can label all Pakistanis as child abusers.

Gervais08 wrote: »
    I flicked on a few of those Wikipedia entries.

Three assassinated and three more living in the West.

Sure - nothing to fear from Islam eh ??

Are those goalposts heavy?

John Doe1 wrote: »
    I'd that meant to prove that there are no Muslim feminists?
    If so can you explain how you think it does?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭V8 Interceptor

GreeBo wrote: »
    No I'm simply saying that if being Muslim meant you were inherently a child abuser, as posted on this thread, then surely the country with the largest population of Muslims would have a visible problem with Muslim child abuse.

They don't go after their own. In the Koran the girls of the infidel are sanctioned by the Prophet Muhammed. You have no idea what way they view you (presumably) as a western female.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭Gervais08

No, it's not ok to discriminate any group of people based on the actions of some of even a majority.
    In the case of Pakistan and several other countries, child abuse is rife, but that doesn't mean you can label all Pakistanis as child abusers.

Just as well no one did that eh ?

However of the grooming gangs that have currently been apprehended in the UK, 84% were of that background.

There is a problem and denying it does no one any good least of all the vulnerable working class white girls who are being systematically raped on a terrifying scale.

And once Brexit happens - where do you think these scum will land next eh ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,670 ✭✭✭volchitsa

And I gave a possible explanation as to why this might not be as good evidence as you seem to think it is.

Out of interest, do you think that what Islam says about women is completely unrelated to the fact that many Muslim countries do actually have very high numbers of rape?

(I think child abuse is a separate thing, and I don't want to get into that, it would only muddy the waters here)

Its the most grotesque alliance in modern cultural/political history. Feminism and Islam.

It'd be nice if we were told what's so great about all this mixing. The only example constantly trotted out is culinary. Is there anything else?

Are you honestly asking on a public forum what is great about integrating and accepting different people and cultures?
    Are you really that comfortable in your xenophobia?
    Or worse, you think your opinions are shared by the majority?

Do your kin marry outside of the family much?

They don't go after their own. In the Koran the girls of the infidel are sanctioned by the Prophet Muhammed. You have no idea what way they view you (presumably) as a western female.

Eh there are quite a few non Muslims in France, though I'm suspecting that you don't travel much?

Just as well no one did that eh ?

Did you miss the post where your thanks buddy said it was inherent to Muslims?

However of the grooming gangs that have currently been apprehended in the UK, 84% were of that background.

There is a problem and denying it does no one any good least of all the vulnerable working class white girls who are being systematically raped on a terrifying scale.

And once Brexit happens - where do you think these scum will land next eh ?
    Yeah we get it now thanks, you don't want any Johnny foreigners coming over here.

This thread has been a shocking eye opener to the racism and xenophobia that's alive and well in some Irish people.

And I gave a possible explanation as to why this might not be as good evidence as you seem to think it is.
    The Catholic church couldn't keep it hidden in the modern world, but you reckon that maybe the entire country of creative can? Really?

Out of interest, do you think that what Islam says about women is completely unrelated to the fact that many Muslim countries do actually have very high numbers of rape?

(I think child abuse is a separate thing, and I don't want to get into that, it would only muddy the waters here)
    To be fair, it's a thread about child abuse!

I think it's s combination of what Islam says (or rather how it's interpreted) but probably moreso the inevitable outcome of any group of society that is overly secretive and sensitive about sex and sexuality. Which brings us right back to the Catholic church.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Approved User Assesment

No one is doing that, folks are simply highlighting the worrying levels of over-representation for this and other crimes, as are shown in official statistics (+300/400%)

You can't address a problem by ignoring it. You address it by discussion, discovering root causes, issues and aiming to improve the situation.

Are you honestly asking on a public forum what is great about integrating and accepting different people and cultures?
    Are you really that comfortable in your xenophobia?
    Someone questioning things seems to freak you out. That's a sign of being brainwashed tbh.

Bringing all sorts of races/cultures into Ireland, other than culinary, what are the benefits?
    Or worse, you think your opinions are shared by the majority?
    Against mass immigration? Possibly. It'd be interesting to have a vote on it wouldn't you think?
    Do your kin marry outside of the family much?
    :rolleyes:
    Eh there are quite a few non Muslims in France, though I'm suspecting that you don't travel much?
    I have zero idea what you're talking about. France???

I notice you're avoiding the question as to whether you're a female & feminist. Interesting.

I think it behoves you to enlighten this bigot; help him mend the error of his ways with a few benifets of multiculturalism.

Yeah we get it now thanks, you don't want any Johnny foreigners coming over here.

This thread has been a shocking eye opener to the racism and xenophobia that's alive and well in some Irish people.

Imagine being so racist, you don't want "Asian" rape gangs roaming free. Bloody fascists.

GreeBo may I ask if you're female and if you consider yourself a feminist?

Why is it relevant?
    Would your opinion of my posts change based on knowing my sex? If I'm s woman I guess you can disregard my opinion?

Maybe you have more in common with some Muslims thsn you realise?

I think it behoves you to enlighten this bigot; help him mend the error of his ways with a few benifets of multiculturalism.

Imagine being so racist, you don't want "Aisan" rape gangs roaming free. Bloody fascists.

I have large African and Polish communities near me. All welcome, all - as far as I’ve met - normal, decent, hardworking folk. And I’ve no reason to doubt the rest aren’t too.

Yet I’d prefer not to have child grooming and rape gangs coming over in the wake of immigration tightening post-Brexit. What a Nazi I am!

No one is doing that, folks are simply highlighting the worrying levels of over-representation for this and other crimes, as are shown in official statistics (+300/400%)

You can't address a problem by ignoring it. You address it by discussion, discovering root causes, issues and aiming to improve the situation.
    Incorrect. There are posters claiming that child abuse is inherent to being Muslim. Their words not mine.

This thread is no longer discussion, is open xenophob8a and posters denouncing different cultures for being different.

There is nothing productive going to come from that.

Why is it relevant?
    Would your opinion of my posts change based on knowing my sex? If I'm s woman I guess you can disregard my opinion?

Maybe you have more in common with some Muslims thsn you realise?

Because this thread has thrown up the seeming paradox of western feminism defending Islam.

It really is a baffling phenomenon. I'm trying to make some sense of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

So to summarise what sort of child grooming gangs are bad and which ones are a great bunch of lads?

Someone questioning things seems to freak you out. That's a sign of being brainwashed tbh.

Bringing all sorts of races/cultures into Ireland, other than culinary, what are the benefits?

Against mass immigration? Possibly. It'd be interesting to have a vote on it wouldn't you think?

:rolleyes:

I have zero idea what you're talking about. France???

I notice you're avoiding the question as to whether you're a female & feminist. Interesting.

No it wouldn't be interesting to have a vote about excluding people who are different to you. They have kinda tried that in s few countries in the past and it didn't work out so well.

Yeah France, if you bothered to actually read the post you were replying to it was about France having the largest Muslim population in Europe and yet no apparent gangs of child abusers.
    But clearly you are just here to spread your fears.

This thread is no longer discussion, is open xenophob8a and posters denouncing different cultures for being different.

There is nothing productive going to come from that.

Do I sense the desire for censorship?

• Advertisement

So to summarise what sort of child grooming gangs are bad and which ones are a great bunch of lads?

They’re all sick ****ers but in the UK 84% are sick ****ers from a Pakistani and Bangladeshi background.

Because this thread has thrown up the seeming paradox of western feminism defending Islam.

It really is a baffling phenomenon. I'm trying to make some sense of it.

Well it was your two buddies who brought feminism into the thread, perhaps ask them?
    I don't believe anyone else mentioned it or said feminists were defending Islam?

Do I sense the desire for censorship?

I'll happily censor racists and bigots.

No it wouldn't be interesting to have a vote about excluding people who are different to you. They have kinda tried that in s few countries in the past and it didn't work out so well.
    It worked rather well in the UK. Immigration was a factor in Brexit.

You think sovereign nations shouldn't be allowed vote on what immigration systems they have? Really???
    Yeah France, if you bothered to actually read the post you were replying to it was about France having the largest Muslim population in Europe and yet no apparent gangs of child abusers.
    I thought you and the other poster were talking about Pakistan.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Approved User Assesment

Incorrect. There are posters claiming that child abuse is inherent to being Muslim. Their words not mine.
    Don't think there is, it's a simple case of over-representation based upon governmental statistics.

There is a clear supplemental trend or pattern up and beyond the standard 300/400% for the wider ethnicity (Muslim classification), for the sub-group of Pakistani culture, what multiplier this is exactly is hard to calculate, but does exist, and as such you can understand there may be some expression of concern in this regards.

Imagine being so racist, you don't want "Asian" rape gangs roaming free. Bloody fascists.

I'm assuming you don't want any rape gangs?
    Or do you distinguish between the foreign and home grown ones?

Don't think there is, it's a simple case of over-representation based upon governmental statistics.

There is a clear supplemental trend or pattern up and beyond the standard 300/400% for the wider ethnicity (Muslim classification), for the sub-group of Pakistani culture, what multiplier this is exactly is hard to calculate, but does exist, and as such you can understand there may be some expression of concern in this regards.
    Again incorrect.
    A poster literally used those words.
    Though I can see why you would now want to distance yourself from them, but it's s bit late for that now I'm afraid

I'll happily censor racists and bigots.

And there it is! If you disagree with the left you are to be shut down and not allowed speak.

At least you're honest (even if it is rather pathetic).

It worked rather well in the UK. Immigration was a factor in Brexit.

You think sovereign nations shouldn't be allowed vote on what immigration systems they have? Really???

I thought you and the other poster were talking about Pakistan.
    You think Brexit has "worked"?
    Would it surprise you to learn that Brexit hasn't done anything yet?

• Advertisement

I'm assuming you don't want any rape gangs?
    Or do you distinguish between the foreign and home grown ones?

Are there Irish rape gangs?

Advertisement