Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gift voucher Wexford

• 10-12-2020 8:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭

Looking to get a gift voucher for somewhere in Wexford. Probably going to spend about 50 so thinking a restaurant might be best, but open to other ideas. Ideally in or near Wexford town. I don't know the place well myself, could anyone recommend somewhere that would be good for a couple in their 50s? Would be ordering online, ideally somewhere that isn't likely to close down soon too :o Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Uncle Pierre

Might sound like an obvious answer, but a One4All voucher can be used in The Ferrycarrig, The Yard, and the Westgate - all good places to eat. And obviously can be used in lots of other ways too, if they don't fancy going for a meal!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Eggs For Dinner

Might sound like an obvious answer, but a One4All voucher can be used in The Ferrycarrig, The Yard, and the Westgate - all good places to eat. And obviously can be used in lots of other ways too, if they don't fancy going for a meal!

The Yard closed during the year and won't be reopening. I have vouchers for it which are now worthless. I contacted the owner to see if some consideration could be given to using it at another one of his premises (Riverbank Hotel or The Stores). Not a chance. I know they weren't obliged to, but a gesture would have been nice.

I'm all for supporting local, but I would be reluctant to buy a voucher directly from a business again. As suggested, a One4All voucher is a good idea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Uncle Pierre

Had actually forgotten that about The Yard. I've actually only ever been there once or twice, so hearing about it closure didn't leave a lasting "oh no!" reaction with me.

I guess in one way, it reduces the suitability of a One4All card for OP's intentions, in that there's one less place to use it. But in another way, it shows why it might be a better option overall.

Advertisement