Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No activation code, but get text saying you have a problem with my number

Options
  • 10-12-2020 10:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭

Tried to set up a standing order today using B365 on a Mac using Safari (which I don't use for anything else).

It told me it will send an activation code by SMS. About 30 seconds after I pressed the "Send code" button, I got a text from BofI that says "We've experienced a problem with your mobile number.....Please call...." 

I called the number given, but gave up after 15 minutes in the queue as my credit was running low.

The text telling me there's a problem gets through, but the code doesn't?

As it happens 30 minutes earlier I had the same problem with registering for the new app (on Android). There was a different number to call, which got through to someone technical pretty quickly. In the end he gave me an activation code verbally for the App registration, and I was able to register the app (or the phone in the app)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

dowtchaboy wrote: »
    Tried to set up a standing order today using B365 on a Mac using Safari (which I don't use for anything else).

It told me it will send an activation code by SMS. About 30 seconds after I pressed the "Send code" button, I got a text from BofI that says "We've experienced a problem with your mobile number.....Please call...." 

I called the number given, but gave up after 15 minutes in the queue as my credit was running low.

As it happens 30 minutes earlier I had the same problem with registering for the new app (on Android). There was a different number to call, which got through to someone technical pretty quickly. In the end he gave me an activation code verbally for the App registration, and I was able to register the app (or the phone in the app)
    Good morning dowtchaboy,

Thanks for your post.

We're sorry to hear you've had difficulty activating a payee and the delay when calling our phone team. This can happen if you have changed phone or the SIM card recently. As a security measure the system won't issue a payee or app registration code but does issue a text to advise there is an issue with the mobile number. If you can please contact our Online Support Team on Freephone 1800946156 one of my colleagues will be happy to check this further. Advisers are available from 9-5 Monday to Friday on this line. 

Thanks again for getting in touch,
    Tara

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭dowtchaboy

Good morning dowtchaboy,

Thanks for your post.

We're sorry to hear you've had difficulty activating a payee and the delay when calling our phone team. This can happen if you have changed phone or the SIM card recently. As a security measure the system won't issue a payee or app registration code but does issue a text to advise there is an issue with the mobile number. If you can please contact our Online Support Team on Freephone 1800946156 one of my colleagues will be happy to check this further. Advisers are available from 9-5 Monday to Friday on this line. 

Tara
    Thanks for the response. This number only gives me 2 options - one is "if you have locked your 365 Pin" - no , I haven't. The other is "if you are setting up Banking 365 for the first time" - no, I've been using it for years. There's no option to talk to an advisor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Good morning dowtchaboy,

Thanks for your post.

Tara
    Thanks for the response. This number only gives me 2 options - one is "if you have locked your 365 Pin" - no , I haven't. The other is "if you are setting up Banking 365 for the first time" - no, I've been using it for years. There's no option to talk to an advisor.
    Thanks for getting back to us. If you select the option for locked pin they can help you on that line. 

Thanks
    Tara

• Registered Users, Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1 kgbdub

I'm trying to register a new phone and I'm having the same issue and to say its frustrating is an understatement. How is this a 365 service if "Advisers are available from 9-5 Monday to Friday on this line" The advisor on the line said they couldn't identify me as to do so she needed my account information which I cant get easily cause I can't access my banking 365...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland Reps

Thanks for your message

If you have a Visa Debit Card, please provide the 6 digit sort code (NSC) and the 8 digit card number so my colleague can find your account.

Hope this helps, Anna

• Advertisement
Advertisement