Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Trevor Gleeson case - what happened next?

Options
  • 11-12-2020 2:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭

This is from November of 2018.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/arid-30882854.html
    A prison officer's conviction for possession of €6,000 worth of drugs should not have been overturned over how the jury was instructed concerning his claim of being under duress from persons associated with a Limerick criminal gang, the Supreme Court has ruled.

Because Trevor Gleeson's conviction had been overturned on additional grounds of prosecutorial failure to comply with disclosure obligations, which were not appealed, the court will decide later the consequences of its findings and whether his conviction remains overturned.

I have Googled the case but I have found no mention of the Supreme Court's decision on whether the conviction stayed quashed. I don't believe that the court hasn't already made that decision. Does anyone on this forum know?

Advertisement