Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

She-Hulk - Disney+ (***Spoilers***)

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Orphan Black was a critical success and gained a lot of plaudits from media outlets; however while both shows were from BBC America, unlike Killing Eve, Orphan Black didn't have the luxury of airing on terrestrial TV to help break into the mainstream. Orphan Black had a cult following though, and its popularity grew through word of mouth. I'm sure turning up on Netflix helped its reach.

It also felt half the reason Killing Eve became a viral obsession was because of Villanelle's increasingly ostentatious wardrobe. I swear half the hype I'd read centred around the fashions. Alongside Jodie Comer's quite gleefully unhinged performance as a murderous fashionista. Plus you can never go wrong with a solid Will They Or Won't They? within the story.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,560 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

This is a problem with a lot of Disney+ shows - they can be any length but you get snippets of the series while other streamers go from 45 minutes upwards

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

2: That was brilliant! That ending was just so well set up! The episode was structured so well for it.

Liked the mid credits scenes too! 🙂

I gotta admit, I can't remember if Blonsky was a redeemable character.. I had him in my head as an agressive baddie.. but it was so long ago that it's all vague. Also.. the so long ago .. that is how parole tends to work right.. so.. him changing shouldn't be beyond question.

Oh and when I saw the prision was the department of damage control.. lol after Ms Marvel I was like.. oh these idiots! 😁

One thing early in the episode when Jennifer was reading .. the magazine?.. I really liked that it asked about

the huge statue sticking outta the ocean! I haven't seen Thor yet but like... how could nobody have been talking about it! Glad it got a nod at last!

I like that I got that call right about what would happen in this episode! 🙂

Next up.. I'm guessing is gonna have to be the love interest from the telephone screen! Can't be introducing the love interest too late into the season.. otherwise how're we gonna put them in danger! 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

This will probably is gonna go over everyones head but i see she got Harvey Spectors Office.

The show is kind of Poor tbh. Gonna stick around to see what they do with Daredevil. The tone of the show just doesn’t sit with what Daredevil was on Netflix.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

Yeah, that was fun.. Liked that episode a lot. Good to see Tim Roth flexing his comedy muscles a bit. Thought the family were pretty funny too. I was almost expecting her dad to do a Teen Wolf and show her was a Hulk too (I know it wasn't canon and actually wasn't going to happen but it gave that vibe). Thought the idea of Titania being, what was it, a superpowered influencer was hilarious (and the blurb about extreme sugar loss. Lol).

Edit: Fixed autocorrect typos

Post edited by TheIrishGrover on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,134 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Just watched episode two of She Hulk. I must say it was really good. The first 15 minutes were hilarious and the next 7 a bit more serious except the end which was funny. I actually think episode two was better than episode 1.

It's just a pity they are so short only 22 mins. Even "Star Trek Lower Decks" gets longer than that lol. I might just go watch the 1st episode of the 3rd season of that again as it too was excellent

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,860 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Really enjoyed that ep, so much going on in that 25 minutes, would binge the shyte out of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭pjcb

not subtle, humour a bit cheesey

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,560 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Better than the first episode, the fourth wall was better - but this needs to be a binge watch, drip feed is not working for this show, there is not enough happening in each episode

• Registered Users Posts: 11,150 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

Being able to binge watch has broken some people or maybe we've gotten to the point where folks are just young enough to not remember when a weekly release was the norm.

I totally understand the desire to binge but given how much easy access we have to shows to binge I enjoy enforced waiting for new releases from the platforms that take that route - especially with shows that have a following where there is some level of post show analysis or set up, as it is basically lost when a show is released in bulk.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,184 ✭✭✭✭flazio

With the episodes so short, they could have gone halfway house here and maybe release 2 a week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,951 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Another decent episode. The Assistant DA guy is possibly a bit over-done, but still worked well enough. More on-the-nose fourth wall breaks than previous but doesn't feel out of place, I think Maslany really has the ability to segue in and out of them perfectly without hamming it up. Tim Roth and Benedict Wong were both great.

I have no idea who, what or why Megan Thee Stallion is aside from hearing the name over and over again the past few years, so to be honest they could have just made up a fake celebrity and I wouldn't have felt any differently about it.

The allusion to the Wrecking Crew's boss was interesting, as well as trying to get her blood... not sure where that's going but I think they do need to push on with a story like that because not a lot has happened in the last two episodes. Even Titania, whose actress is listed as main cast, has had about 2 minutes of screentime so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,191 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

I thought Tim Roth was great fun in this episode.

Nice to see a bit more of the Pug character as well. Oh and Renee Elise Goldsberry is always terrific (girls5eva so underrated).

The Megan thee stallion/shapeshifting elf thing was bizarre but did make me giggle.

Nice to see Wong pop up again always very watchable.

The rival lawyer is very one dimensional and the actor is poor.

I agree on Titania she needs to make a bigger appearance surely (bar the very small cameo earlier in the series)? Conscious only a few episodes left....

I really want to binge it all, the episodes feel very short..fun post credit ha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,418 ✭✭✭Homelander

I guess maybe I'm missing something other people see but apart from Wandavision and maybe Loki, I've found the Marvel shows fairly awful.

Moon Knight, Falcon/Winter Soldier, now She-Hulk.....they just seem like hollow, half-baked fluff, completely devoid of real stakes or compelling narratives. While obviously money's being spent on them, I can't help but feel they're cheap looking and badly handled.

Wandavision was the best of them. Looked good, fantastic air of compelling mystery, terrific cast.

That was fun.

I do have one technical problem with the effects for She Hulk and that's the frame rate of Jennifer when she's green. The motion just looks off compared to other actors. It's a bit like a video game character has come into the real world. But then again you only have to go back to, well, The Incredible Hulk to see how far we've come.

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭pjcb

very wacky :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,169 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

This kind of stunt casting just makes me think they went through a list, calling numbers until they found someone.

They really could've done with making Wrecking Crew look a bit more intimidating. The one with the hat looked in his mid teens.

Bunkowski just looked like a douche, which he was meant to be I suppose. Very Stifler-like.

I know she likely has trouble finding suits that fit, but She-Hulk's suit seemed to make her look like her upper arms are restricted.

Ok episode, easy fun watch which is exactly what I'm looking for anyway. Wong was his usual brilliant self and Maslany is effortless, really good casting. Like Penn, I only ever heard of Megan Thee Stallion, no clue about her, but that post credit scene was just fun fluff, it's absolutely gas seeing people on twitter in uproar about it supposed to being for kids and it's inappropriate.

If you've never seen Orphan Black before and are wondering why we keep hyping up Tatiana Maslany, Channel 4 have just uploaded the full boxset to their streaming service All4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,035 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,169 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Yeah saw that, but anytime they do casting like that it just seems more like who can we get that people know. Like others I would just have heard the nme more than know her from anything. But that's like with a lot of ones these days where if you say you don't know them you get someone saying "How can you not know them? They're one of the biggest artists in the world!"

Megan is headlining Electric Picnic tonight as it happens. Honestly, couldn't tell her apart from Lizzo in a line up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,134 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Not the greatest episode and certainly not as food as episode two which has been the best episode so far.

I found this episode terribly dull.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Well. No faster way to make me feel like an old codger than when people talk about a musician I've literally never heard of.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,757 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Wait she is a real singer?

I thought she was a character from one of those Tyler Perry Madea films.

I had to Google her and found she did a song about Wireless Access Points. Kids are into some weird stuff these days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

3: That was fun. The credits scene was hilarious! I assume then that..

there's a baddie out to get her blood to try and use the effect that happened to her during the car crash

I've warmed up to this show, it is a fun watch. Agree with an earlier poster that there isn't real stakes but does there have to be in these D+ shows?

I'd potentially go as far as there shouldn't be real stakes in many of these shows. Everything doesn't have to be the potential end of the world or threat to the life of the lead or someone close to them. I'd happily watch a few series of her dealing with legal issues of superheroes, it is a nice break from the usual MCU show/movie formula.

You might have done this already but have you turned off motion smoothing on your TV?

I have seen some posts online that look absolutely terrible when that setting is on. It is still far from perfect but a huge improvement.

• Advertisement

I bought my telly a couple of years back and nearly brought it back the same day until i found that motion smoothing setting. That should be illegal, never mind the default setting.

Advertisement