Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

She-Hulk - Disney+ (***Spoilers***)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,757 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Tom and Christopher explain whyit looks like that.

LG (TrueMotion)

1. Go to settings.

2. Select picture menu.

3. Click on picture mode settings and picture options.

4. Turn TrueMotion from smooth to off.

Roku (Action Smoothing)

1. Hit the “*” on your TV remote.

2. Select advanced picture settings on the menu.

3. Look for the Action Smoothing option. There are four different levels of smoothing: high, medium, low and off. To shut the feature off completely, select off.

Samsung (Auto Motion Plus)

1. Open settings menu.

2. Go to picture options, and scroll down to expert settings at the bottom.

3. Select expert settings, and go down to Auto Motion Plus settings.

4. Select Auto Motion Plus, and switch to off.

Sony (MotionFlow)

1. Go to the picture settings menu.

2. Open advanced settings.

3. Scroll to MotionFlow.

4. Open MotionFlow settings, and set to off.

Vizio (Smooth Motion Effect)

1. Go to settings.

2. Select picture options.

3. Scroll down to the advanced picture menu and select it.

4. Select Smooth Motion Effect, and switch it off.

Panasonic Viera (Intelligent Frame Creation)

1. Press menu on your remote.

2. Select picture settings.

3. Scroll to Intelligent Frame Creation.

4. Switch to off.

Amazon Fire TV (Motion Processing)

1. Go to settings menu.

2. Select picture.

3. Choose advanced options.

4. Scroll to motion processing and turn it off.

Hisense (Motion Smoothing)

1. Press the home button on your remote.

2. Go to settings.

3. Select system settings.

5. Select picture.

5. Scroll to motion smoothing and switch it off.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I definitely have True Motion off on my LG TV and was the first thing I changed cos YE GODS, it made everything unwatchable and nausea inducing. Jennifer still looks weird in her Hulk form. It's especially bad when she's interacting with other humans, though I noticed Bruce's own scenes haven't been as egregious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,871 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Late to this but just watched the first one.. Not good!

I have to agree with some of the posters here - from the "you're super awesome and know better than everyone" nonsense, to the fact that she can of course do everything quicker, better, and easier than Bruce, to the generally unlikeable and arrogant character setup.. There's very little here to redeem it to be honest.

I'll watch the second now that the setup is out of the way, but this feels like another show that no one needed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,871 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Episode 2..

More gender victimhood whinging about the She Hulk name being derivative with pops at the legacy Marvel characters, and then the 4th wall neuroticism.

CGI is ropey enough at times too but more importantly, for a comedy it's not at all funny either.

All that said, it actually does have hints of an interesting show in there if they dropped the nonsense and "funny" bits - in the same way as the Orville significantly improved when they focused more on the drama and character elements than Family Guy humour.

But I'll leave it there I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,951 ✭✭✭✭Penn

She can't do everything quicker, better and easier than Bruce. Firstly, she doesn't have the restrictions that Bruce had. She doesn't lose control like Bruce did, she has full control of changing, and while in Hulk form. Secondly, in the first episode, she was showing off, while Bruce was holding back. It's not a good thing, it's arrogance; a character flaw which could very likely come back to haunt her. And thirdly she had Bruce to train and guide her. Bruce had no one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,027 ✭✭✭✭cena

Not great. hawkeye and wandavision have been the best series so far

• Registered Users Posts: 4 JaneFreez

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Only caught episode 2 and ... ahh it was fine; a few chuckles here and there but I've laughed more at the MCU films that weren't pitched as fully comedic.

The overall tone is almost brazenly frivolous, and that's neither criticism nor praise, just observation. If there was a criticism, it's that something that off the cuff doesn't really make a case for enthusiastic watching.

It has the pulse of a sitcom, though not exactly the structure. Or the gags, really.

I feel it needs to come back and bite her, for character growth, but not getting that self awareness here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,839 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

It's dire but the kids like it.

• Advertisement

Episode 3 watched, and that was the first episode from the MCU TV stable I think I genuinely hated; only ~25 minutes, minus the credits and was a total chore to get through.

I said before the comedy wasn't quite as good as the ostensibly more serious MCU movie scripts, but still caused a chuckle or two - but here, it just left me with a sense that the writing & comedy was just insufferably asinine or infantile. None of the gags landed, bar maybe a couple of the Media Interstitials. I dunno; comedy is so subjective, perhaps I wasn't in the mood for it at that particular time. But it felt just ... kinda stupid, in all the wrong ways.

The character of Dennis was especially abysmal; not even written at the level of a caricature. Oh hahaha, he thought he was dating Megan Thee Stallion. Did we say Megan Thee Stallion? Shall we just say Megan Thee Stallion one more time, in case the viewers at the back didn't hear us? MEGAN THEE STALLION. Hahaha what a dork; he likes titties and will tell us this. Sex! Sexxxxxxxxxx!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,155 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

i don't get the hate... why so serious folks...

Comedy is serious business 😁

I enjoyed episodes one and two as bits of fluff, but three surprised at how terrible it was 🤷‍♂️ the jokes were really badly executed and written IMO. I'd not have cared ... but given the MCU's success was built off a very comedic, quip-based tone, it surprised how bad the comedy was here. It should have been an open goal.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

I didn't love but I didn't hate it either. The humour was just very immature at times and it felt very American sitcom.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,546 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Liked the drunk woman in this weeks episode. Would enjoy seeing her show up as a comedic foil in future stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,757 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Madisynn was the only good thing about the episode to be fair.

Donny no relation to Johnny or Danny Blaze.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,729 ✭✭✭larchielads

Sex with a hulk, theres no way your comin outta that alive!!!!

Imagine what bruce woulda done to poor tasha 😲

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,169 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Wong may be Twitter armour, but I think Megan Thee Stallion cancelled that out.

I'm no expert on online dating, but seems they just cut out any messaging outside of arranging to meet up. And seemingly she just has them all lined up since she gets through multiple dates in the one evening.

I'm sure it's not the first time he's woken up with a woman looking very different than the night before.

I find it funny that it seemed Wong had no problem with the girl being sent to a hell dimension and all until she spoiled Sopranos.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,184 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Maybe that's why we've never heard from Betty Ross ever again 🤔😁

Surely there's some legal rule that testimony given under the influence is inadmissible?

Not really feeling it to be honest. Doesn't mean I'm jumping into Cancel Club, mind. Just.....Meh.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

It's a lot sillier than I imagined but I'm enjoying it while not absolutely loving it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,860 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Well that was the absolute definition of filler episode and the 1st one i didn't enjoy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

Not bad. I mean, fun but a bit pointless. Please don't use Wong again though. I mean, why did he need her to help round up the demons?

The effects work on her face is a bit inconsistent.

And they are dragging out the Titania reveal too long. I know it's following more of a sitcom vibe but they need to start knuckling down now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

I need more 'Madisonn King' in the MCU to just, randomly pop up in movies with 'Wongers' for a couple seconds.

I dont get the hate with She-Hulk tbh.

All the shows, i just didnt watch or watched one or two eps, except for WV, I enjoyed that.

She-Hulk is, as someone said above, 'just an American Sit-Com, and I'm totally ok with that. It works for me, silly and fun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

I enjoyed Falcon & The Winter Soldier quite a bit. Enjoyed Loki too and Wandavision. I was not gone on Moonknight - Didn't hate it, it just didn't do anything at all for me. I don't want this to be an integral core of the next phase of the MCU or whatever and I don't want it to go all "Daredevil/Punisher serious" but I do want them to start delving more into all the tidbits they are dropping bow: Titania, the guys trying to get her blood etc. And I am waiting for the (No doubt funny) fourth-wall break when "that" character turns up. So I don't want it to change - I am enjoying it - but I just want it to get to the point.

Enjoyed the previous episodes, but yesterday's was a clanger. I know I'm not the target audience. I go the jokes, but meh. Filler.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,035 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,951 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I was a bit worried about this being a filler episode, but that's when I thought this was 6 episodes. Based on the trailer Eoin just posted I googled and found it's 9 episodes, so in that case I don't really mind that this episode, while fun, was a bit of a dud. Madisynn and Wong were great though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,191 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Madisynn and Wongers big highlight of this episode! I want a spin off!

Lots to enjoy, dating montage, the monsters.

I am guessing Donny Blaze will pop up again at some stage, a bit one dimensional but has potential at least. Special effects with the little monster bats were really good.

At least Titania popped up again! About time.

Strong post credit.

Fun ep but felt short again.

I feel the character has bags of potential as do the cast but not quite hitting the heights it could, but still enjoyable in its own way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,560 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Thought that was an enjoyable episode

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,150 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

I don't understand those complaining of this last episode of being 'filler'. This show is clearly taking the more episodic approach than most of the other MCU shows, which I feel makes a lot of sense if they're going the super hero 'case of the week' format. Developing characters through seeing the behind the scenes life of heroes, like dating, rather than just them in world ending situations is the type of things these D+ shows allow them to do and isnt automatically 'filler' (admitting they could have done a better job of it here).

Similar to my earlier comments regarding binging, it seems certain folk have gotten used to consuming a certain type of show in a certain way and those taking a different approach are automatically deemed wrong. Have seen similar complaints regarding other more episodic shows, like the Mandalorian. It might be me getting older and having to wait weekly for shows and enjoying episodic formats, like Buffy, but I'm enjoying the slow release and a different format, even if again the show itself so far could have been done better (Ms Marvel was far better and I was expecting to prefer She-Hulk).

Advertisement