Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

She-Hulk - Disney+ (***Spoilers***)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

4: Ah that was really fun. Madisynn was hilarious!😀 I wonder then

is this love interest coming back, will he turn out to be a baddie spy or will he be in a needs-rescueing situation later on

Yeah I'm done with this. Every character is an overblown caricature.

In fact the only "normal" person is Jen's father.

Jokes:

Attractive lady is a bimbo.

All men are creeps. Hot sensitive paediatric doctor (oh he's totally a superficial creep). Let's ignore her near drooling at his body though...

Watch how we're clearly working on a law case, in a completely inappropriate setting. Oh the guy coming over is totally a creep for coming to talk in a public area (ramp up misplaced confidence)

Let's bring back attractive lady to show how much of a drunken ditz she is.

What's the female version of a neckbeard/incel? Because this really feels like it's been written by people who have those men's views of the opposite sex

Social satire this ain't. None of the jokes land and it's just set-piece after set-piece on the writers perceived slights.

PS: The actor playing Madisynn (Patty Guggenheim) bloody nails it, even if I disliked the character.

Screw you anyway writers. I've always loved She-Hulk from my first Top Trumps deck of Marvel Super-Heroes. Always found Hulk boring as a rage monster and she was the balance there.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Femcel?

The Dennis character was the biggest hat tip the "comedy" was pitching it far too broad. Such an atrociously written, loud stereotype; oh look he's such a sec obsessed idiot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,951 ✭✭✭✭Penn

No post-credits scene this week, but didn't need one with that ending.

Another good episode. It's just a fun, watchable show, with Maslany giving a great performance each week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,191 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Enjoyable episode this week, Tatiana Maslany is terrific as usual.

Really nice to see Renee Elise Goldsberry (Girls5eva ftw) pop up again and get something to do. Same with the Pug and Nikki characters they are fun and are great on screen together. Jameela Jamil clearly loving being so OTT and chewing the scenery.

The camp costume designer was fun , hag convention line was solid.

• Advertisement

5: I was like OH NO YOU DIDN'T JUST END LIKE THAT!!! Right, looking forward to the next episode.

I did think the She Hulk ad was hilarious..

Something about the 'Thank You' at the end just made it so funny for me. I dunno, maybe it's based on some ads I've missed or something.

Something wierd now at this point has been..

the reappearance of that date dude in her workplace.. he was the one asking about her powers and her skin.. something off about this dude

I kinda really wanted a credits scene after that ending but it does build up the next episode.. at least I'm guessing they'll include something

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,099 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

I enjoy this show, very easy watch and can be quite funny at times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,757 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Mr Immortal was gas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,134 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

I enjoyed this episode. It was very funny and really good. Loved the wedding fight too. I was expecting the DJ to say something else like get out or something lol.

Mr Immortal was hilarious so immature but Hilarous and the two Women handling the case were brilliant.

I was sure Jen was going to ruin the bridesmaid dress as soon as she changed but no that's good.

The bride must have been drunk at the end lol. Before she did not want She-Hulk there then she is happy she is there lol.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,860 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Another fun fluff episode but it's absolutely getting torn to shreds on social media with the lack of a certain hero. Marvel should have kept that reveal quiet because now people are expecting him every week and when it doesn't happen, it's the end of the world.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,169 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

It seemed the dress was designed for She-Hulk more than Jen since she kept having to lift it up while walking. Though that might've just been the bride not caring enough to get her exact measurements going by how she treated Jen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,134 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Yes the bride was not very nice. I think she just wanted to use and embarrass Jen.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

At least unlike Mephisto in Wandavision, we do know we're actually getting Daredevil anyway, so I don't mind the wait. I was only expecting him to be in one episode too so him coming in nearer the end to help give She Hulk whatever advice she needs that helps her in the finale or how to balance the whole lawyer-by-day/superhero-by-night thing makes the most sense to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭kerplun k

• Registered Users Posts: 18,013 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

There are a lot of theories going on about there being more to the fourth wall breaks. Especially since Bruce seemed to notice it in Ep 1....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,184 ✭✭✭✭flazio

It's just not clicking for me. Humour is subjective of course and drunk antics have never held any appeal to me.

Of course I'll keep watching to see the fate of my favourite Marvel heroes but, 🤷‍♂️

• Registered Users Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭kerplun k

Really just waiting for DD to show up at this point.

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭FlubberJones

Had high hopes but this show is just rubbish and childish, only good when the actual Hulk is in it... once it ends we will all be better off

6: Well.. that was a short "self contained" 🙂 episode. I guess the main take away I'm getting is that they

are gonna go round two.. with trying to jump Jen to get her blood.

Was the DJ someone I should know?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Limped myself to watch Episode 4 and hoo-boy; definitely hitting a point where I decide this Isn't For Me. Has had so much potential but constantly runs like something half-baked.

There was one gag I laughed at, and that was called the constant presence of Wong snarked "a Twitter shield". And from what I've seen turned out to be true. I do love Benedict Wong's performances and it increasingly strikes ridiculous that he doesn't have his own film - while Cumberbatch gets to flatter in his own series.

The rest was again, just really flat and lacking something so infuriatingly abstract. Like, it's a show trying to be funny, rather than just being funny. The serious MCU films are constantly more funny than this.

Oh god that Madison character. She was like something from a 90s sitcom but I feel even those had the smarts to flip the script at some point; oh she actually has hidden depths, we shouldn't judge. No, she was just as annoying and awful as she presented.

Had a quick look at the head writer on this and she has very thin CV; a stint on Rick and Morty and otherwise very blah.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,155 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

yea, episodes 5 & 6 are a bit pants... especially 6..

I am just waiting for Daredevil to be honest, at this stage..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,184 ✭✭✭✭flazio

@Brief_Lives I think we all are, although the fact that he's using a designer who's mantra is The Daredevil wears Prada has me worried.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,150 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

Enjoying the show's self-awareness while shooting, flagging early in this episode that it is going to be self-contained and will be inconvenient for some and then the incel site having near verbatim complaints about She-Hulk that can be found on social media and even on this thread.

Have no idea how anyone can be annoyed by DD not showing up in the episode. I'd get the frustration if we saw Matt sitting in Jen's office at the end of the previous episode but all we saw was a flash of the costume in a box, something that even Jen isn't aware of. Nothing pointed to him appearing in this episode, if anyone had that expectation then it is 100% on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭youngblood

Is this just another Marvel show which has left majority of people feeling "meh"

It's alright but not great

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,560 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

It's not terrible but it's not great - my problem with a lot of the Disney shows is the story line is very weak and they pad them out and yet the episodes themselves are still very short

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,476 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

I must be one of the few people actually enjoying this.

Nah I'm enjoying it too. I think people are expecting too much. It's designed to be more of a sitcom, and less of a "hero needs to stop this big looming threat". I'm sure there'll be a bit of that in the end, but the show is just a fun take on superpowered people are now everywhere and these are some of the silly scrapes they get into. The show is purposefully just a bit of fluff set in the MCU world.

Don't get me wrong, not all the humour or characters hit, but I think it's a fairly enjoyable watch, and Maslany/Jen herself is just terrific. Wong also really helped lift things in his episodes.

If anything, knowing that Daredevil is going to show up has probably given people unrealistic expectations of the tone of the show.

Oh, I know what it's trying to be and my criticisms are entirely based on the expectation this was to be a sitcom comedy. So to that end, the comedy has sucked; sometimes plain unfunny and annoying, while contriving to be less laugh inducing than the ostensibly "serious" MCU films.

I had high hopes for this because the MCU is so inherently comedic - not like Marvel doesn't know how to illicit a laugh or three. I thought with the chains off we might get some proper laughs. Mind you, wouldn't be the first superhero comedy that falls flat with its laughs either. Think The Tick is the only entity that ever managed to work for me.

Humour is possibly the most subjective art form there is, what I find annoying others find chucklesome - the low standard here has disappointed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Marvel has regressed significantly over the last couple of years with this being the worst yet.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 41,673 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

its 'sex in the city' for the superhero generation.

i can see groups of 20 something girlfriends sitting watching this drinking cosmos and discussing their useless boyfriends.

all characters are superficial, except Mallory who would be easily at home in the cast of The Good Wife, but shes wasted as the straight laced comic foil.

jameela jamil is wasted as that vapid, nothingness, not even villain Titiana. Shes acting it well, but the character is terribly written.

My big issue with this is NOTHING HAPPENS. We're 6 episodes in and we have no plotline, no villain, no jeopardy. All we have is a slightly alcoholic main character who has terrible insecurity issues.

Advertisement