Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 4/128GB £129 Amazon

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,826 ✭✭✭Buffman

Of course you do, if they cancelled the order but took your number then they've essentially stolen your phone number. If they don't revert back for you get onto comreg.

https://www.comreg.ie/queries-complaints/got-a-question/

FYI, if you move to a 'smart' meter electricity plan, you CAN'T move back to a non-smart plan.

You don't have to take a 'smart' meter if you don't want one, opt-out is available.

Buy drinks in 3L or bigger plastic bottles or glass bottles to avoid the DRS fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭baldshin

It was a throwaway sim so I'm not overly fussed, just a bit irked! Tried to order multiple times a few weeks back and kept being cancelled so I gave up. When I saw them in stock locally again for pickup I decided to try again to get one as a birthday present, only to discover the number had been ported.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 150 ✭✭spuddy01

Great bargain ordered for mother in law with an old 3 sim & was delivered 3 days after. Fantastic price for a phone of that spec €99.99 cant really go wrong can you.Thanks for the info, scored some brownie points on this one 😁 Can anybody recommend a good case for this redmi note 10 5g if ye have found one thanks 👍️

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 835 ✭✭✭boardtc

Having had it for a few days now, I am delighted with the redmi note 10 5g.

The only think it's missing for me is NFC if you like using google pay...I use my watch so I don't mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 971 ✭✭✭gabbo is coming

It has nfc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,855 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Definitely has NFC. I'm using it constantly.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭68508224

Maybe someone here could help me. On other Android phones I had you could drag down from the top and a search bar would come up that would search the entire phone e.g. docs, apps. Can't seem to access similar on the Note 9, anyone know a way? Thanks for any help.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Treppen

I didn't have that with Xiaomi but installed Microsoft Launcher and that has it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 280 ✭✭magicEye

Ordered this Monday morning, arrived in the post yesterday. Lovely phone!!!! Thank you OP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,781 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Can anyone link to a properly fitting case for this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 265 ✭✭degzs

Has this offer changed as I don't see the option off a top-up just buy into a contact ?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Ezio Auditore

How would the Redmi Note 10 5g stack up against a Samsung Galaxy S8 does anyone know? My S8 battery is shot after 4 years use and I'm looking for a decent replacement but am a little lost!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 voda.rogues

For anyone who thinks switching to Vodafone with your primary number is a good idea:

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058201384/vodafone-switched-and-lost-my-mobile-number

It seems all Vodafone wants is people to switch to improve their statistics.

It isn't advisable to switch with your real number, I learnt the hard way and I'm still struggling to get my number back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,002 ✭✭✭✭GBX

If you get it for €100 it's a cracking phone for that price. Battery is huge so that alone would make up for the s8. Specs aren't massively better but somewhat in certain areas https://www.kimovil.com/en/compare/samsung-galaxy-s8,xiaomi-redmi-note-10-5g-128gb

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Ezio Auditore

That's exactly what I was looking for bit couldn't find it!!

Thank you - will try and pick one up - got burned on the Vodafone multiple times trying to get the Pixel 4a so fingers crossed!

Changed wife's s8 for this phone. No comparison, battery on new phone 2 days. Not lighting fast,but good enough. Good screen.

For 100, It's a steal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭buyer95

I bought the phone using a throwaway 48 sim about a month ago. I was happy with it that when my mothers phone packed in I insisted that this was the ideal purchase for her. Vodafone however would not allow me to go through with the sale using the another throwaway sim.

I looked around and noticed that 3 have the same phone for 150e and it comes with a huawei band 6. Thats what I went with and she is happy out with both.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭seanvox

I ordered one for €99 this morning on a throwaway 48 SIM card and got the dispatch notice and An Post tracking about four hours later

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Entonces

Have you a link to that deal? Can't see it on shop

Any idea once the order goes through how long before it gets sent out ?

• Advertisement

2 days

2 days in your hands

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,677 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Thanks for posting this, should stickied in the OP to save others having to answer the same questions

Just on the 48 sim though, do you have to top it up by 11.99 when you receive it or can the process above just be done over wifi?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,063 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

you don't have to top it up - all you have to be able to do on the 48 SIM is receive the porting text from Vodafone.

Nice one thanks, will order a 48 sim and do that so

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭seanin4711

does it show @199 until you complete the final stage?

48 sim arrived this morning. Is it just pot luck weather or not Vodafone will accept it as a number to be ported over or should I get someone on Vodafone to give me a ring on it? Seems a few people reporting Vodafone wouldnt process their order with a 48 sim.

If not 48 whats another option, buy a sim from 3 maybe?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,002 ✭✭✭✭GBX

The Redmi Note 10 is gone from the switch and save €100. But the Note 9t is now on there for €129 when you switch (€100 off) - still a decent phone for the money.

Bit of a pain as I was intending to buy it this week. The 9T does look decent even if its 30 quid more than the previous offer, I might go for that

• Advertisement

I need some help as I have followed the steps provided and each time the phone is sent with no address just the Eircode and AnPost do not deliver with Eircode's.

How has people got around this as I have done it twice and the same result.

Advertisement