Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SIM-only plan with aduilt filter on by default

Options
  • 11-12-2020 11:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭

Which networks have adult filters on by default? I know Three have but theirr plan is a bit much at €30 per month. Anyone else?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭jdon72

Three have a €20 plan too. I'm sure you can request adult filters on most networks anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Heighway61

jdon72 wrote: »
    Three have a €20 plan too. I'm sure you can request adult filters on most networks anyway
    Can only see one sim-only billl pay plan on three, 29.51pm. On Gomo at the moment at 12.99. Would you happen to know if they have an adult filter?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Heighway61

Anyone know which networks do filtering apart from 3? By default or by request. Gomo and 48 don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,802 ✭✭✭DopeTech

I think Vodafone have a filter, not sure if it's on by default though or if you have to ask for it/pay extra for it. Ask them on their online chat.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

Heighway61 wrote: »
    Anyone know which networks do filtering apart from 3? By default or by request. Gomo and 48 don't.

Gomo and 48 don't because you are ordering it online, hence giving your information.

Vodafone have the content lock on by default when you purchase a SIM in one of their stores. You can ask for it to be taken off as you're buying the SIM, you just have to provide them with your name and date of birth through a valid ID (e.g. driver's license).

If you buy a Vodafone prepay SIM online, it comes with content filter off.

I think it's a complete BS to be honest to have a content lock, which kid is that going to stop? It's just nuisance and I don't like the idea of censoring the Internet in general.

Three, in addition to blocking adult content, also blocks some VPN services. Example: www.vpnunlimitedapp.com

• Advertisement
Advertisement