If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

48/49 TV Query

Options
  • 11-12-2020 12:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭

Hi - looking for a TV less than 50". I have been told that the best are the Sony 48A9 and the LG 48CX, do you have these in stock (and the price)? Also, both these are OLEDs - do you think that at this size its worth the extra money over 'non OLEDs' (like for example Samsung QE49Q80T or Sony KD49XH)?
    thanks

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

Debub wrote: »
    Hi - looking for a TV less than 50". I have been told that the best are the Sony 48A9 and the LG 48CX, do you have these in stock (and the price)? Also, both these are OLEDs - do you think that at this size its worth the extra money over 'non OLEDs' (like for example Samsung QE49Q80T or Sony KD49XH)?
    thanks
    Hi Debub,

Thanks for the post!

The OLEDs are definitely the way to go. I have one and so does Kenny and a few of my colleagues. in terms of picture quality nothing touches them especially for colour and motion.

I am completely out of stock of the LG at the moment but I do have stock of the KD48A9 which is an amazing TV.

You can check it out via the link below:

https://www.richersounds.ie/p-204908-sony-kd48a9bu-48-inch-oled-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-android-tv-youview.aspx

Let me know what you think!

Kind regards

David

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭Debub

thanks David - any idea when the LG might be back in stock?

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Debub,

at the moment we have no FIRM dates - literally the day they arrive in we will switch the 'Buy- Now' button back 'on', on the product page.

Apologies for the delay we have huge orders on this model with LG - just awaiting a firm date from them..

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Hi - back again... can you please PM me with your best price for the Sony BRAVIA KD55XH9505BU (delivered to Cork with the Stand below if it suits)?
    Also I am looking at a stand as the legs of the TV will not fit the table that its going to go on - would the Sanus WSTV1 B2 suit this TV?
    and also how long will it take for the TV to actually ship to me?

thanks a ton

• Company Representative Posts: 17,276 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi - back again... can you please PM me with your best price for the Sony BRAVIA KD55XH9505BU (delivered to Cork with the Stand below if it suits)?
    Also I am looking at a stand as the legs of the TV will not fit the table that its going to go on - would the Sanus WSTV1 B2 suit this TV?
    and also how long will it take for the TV to actually ship to me?

thanks a ton
    Hi Debub.

Thanks for coming back to us.

The best price on the 55XH9505 would be the web listed price of £1099
    https://www.richersounds.ie/cssearch.aspx?searchterm=55xh9505&swapstore=1#pgnum=&sort=

Stock is very tight but there are still a few ready for dispatch.
    Delivery is 2-5 working days. Cork should be 2-3 days

The WSTV1 is designed to fit a Sonos Play base on also but would fit the Sony 55XH9505. £69.95 would be the best on this also unfortunately.
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-202567-sanus-wstv1-b2-playbase-stand-playbase-stand.aspx

You could also check out the Sanus FTVS1 - I could offer one of these at £45
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-204436-sanus-ftvs1-universal-32-65-inch-tv-pedestal-swivel-stand.aspx

Let me know your thoughts.

• Advertisement

The WSTV1 is designed to fit a Sonos Play base on also but would fit the Sony 55XH9505. £69.95 would be the best on this also unfortunately.
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-202567-sanus-wstv1-b2-playbase-stand-playbase-stand.aspx

https://www.richersounds.ie/p-204436-sanus-ftvs1-universal-32-65-inch-tv-pedestal-swivel-stand.aspx

I have a 6 inch thick Q Acoustics (3090C) centre channel speaker that needs to be accommodated.Do you think that the FTVS1 can accommodated it with the 55?

thanks

I have a 6 inch thick Q Acoustics (3090C) centre channel speaker that needs to be accommodated.Do you think that the FTVS1 can accommodated it with the 55?

thanks
    Hi Debub.

I would say the 3090C could not fit in front or under the FTVS1 or it would block the screen.
    The total distance on the FTVS1 would be 28.6"
    The top bar would be for the top holes on the back on your TV so you would need to measure your TV to see what space it would leave at the bottom once mounted on the FTVS1.

thanks
    Hi Debub.

I would say the 3090C could not fit in front or under the FTVS1 or it would block the screen.
    The top bar would be for the top holes on the back on your TV so you would need to measure your TV to see what space it would leave at the bottom once mounted on the FTVS1.
    Hi Kenny - as I don't have either the TV or the stand to measure - would any of you be able to measure it and let me know, so I know that I am buying the correct one? I plan to buy the Sony BRAVIA KD55XH9505BU

thanks a mil

thanks
    Hi Debub.

Hi Kenny - as I don't have either the TV or the stand to measure - would any of you be able to measure it and let me know, so I know that I am buying the correct one? I plan to buy the Sony BRAVIA KD55XH9505BU

thanks a mil
    Hi DEbub.

I would not have one of those TV's on Display so can't measure the distance unfortunately.

I would take guess and say the FTVS1 will not fit with the 3090C as it will cover a part of the screen.

thanks - how about the Sanus WSTV1 B2?

• Advertisement

thanks - how about the Sanus WSTV1 B2?
    Hey Debub.

I don't think the 3090c will fit in front of the TV using the WSTV1 either.
    Its designed for the Sonos Play Base to fit under it snuggly so it looks like the TV is sitting on top of it.

I can't think of any stand that would lift the TV as high as a 3090C

Hi Lads - had sent a PM t Kenny, but I think that he is not in today, so have sent one to David as well...
    cheers

Hi Lads - had sent a PM t Kenny, but I think that he is not in today, so have sent one to David as well...
    cheers
    Cheers Debub, I'll get back to you asap!

Kind regards

David

anyone giving me a call today :-)

anyone giving me a call today :-)
    Hi Debub,

I had tried to call yesterday but I keep getting an Error message on the call - could you PM us with confirmation of your number please?

Many thanks

David

Hi Debub,

I had tried to call yesterday but I keep getting an Error message on the call - could you PM us with confirmation of your number please?

Many thanks

David

I did last night - to both you and Kenny, is there a number I can ring you on?

Hi Debub,

Many thanks

David

I did last night - to both you and Kenny, is there a number I can ring you on?
    Hey Debub.

You should now be sorted :) David is processing the order as we speak.

Hey Debub.

Should I be getting any notifications that my order is done/on its way or email about the 6 year? Haven’t got anything as yet
    Thanks

Hey Debub.

Should I be getting any notifications that my order is done/on its way or email about the 6 year? Haven’t got anything as yet
    Thanks
    Hi Debub.

I have resent a copy of your order to you via email from our till system.
    Give your junk folder a check as sometimes they can get directed to there.

Once your delivery arrives into our couriers sorting depot they will drop you a text with the delivery details.

Any issues please let us know.

Have a good Christmas and thanks for the business.

Hi - no notifications from couriers as yet. Its past 31st Dec now - I am just worried on extra charges (vat/customs/import duty) now. Do you have a contact for the courier?

thanks
    Debu

• Advertisement

Hi - no notifications from couriers as yet. Its past 31st Dec now - I am just worried on extra charges (vat/customs/import duty) now. Do you have a contact for the courier?

thanks
    Debu
    Hi Debub.

There is no need to worry and there will be no extra charges to you.
    All our couriers are now closed until Monday the 4th due to New Years.
    With Christmas and New Year they were not open for many days in between.

I will get this chased up on Monday morning for you and get you an ETA on the delivery.

Thanks - got the Telly today, set up and enjoying it.
    2 issues:
    I cant get the sound out through my Denon AVR-X2200W. I have the HDMI connection from the eARC HDMI (TV) to the Monitor 1 HDMI (Denon) and no sound.

On the Sanus stand - the M6 washers didn't fit the M6 screws, so will have to get new washers before I can fix the stand

Otherwise all good - thanks

2 issues:
    I cant get the sound out through my Denon AVR-X2200W. I have the HDMI connection from the eARC HDMI (TV) to the Monitor 1 HDMI (Denon) and no sound.

On the Sanus stand - the M6 washers didn't fit the M6 screws, so will have to get new washers before I can fix the stand

Hi Debub,

The Denon AVRX2200 doesn;t support eARC so you may have to downscale the HDMI output to ARC as the bandwidth is too high for the older amps!

If you contact Sanus directly they will post you out any spares at all that you need free of charge!

Let me know how you get on!

Kind regards

David

2 issues:

Hi Debub,

The Denon AVRX2200 doesn;t support eARC so you may have to downscale the HDMI output to ARC as the bandwidth is too high for the older amps!

If you contact Sanus directly they will post you out any spares at all that you need free of charge!

Kind regards

David
    its ok - my local shop also gave me a few of the washers for free...

The Audio is working now through the Denon on my Q Ac speakers - dunno why it wasn't working previously - I thought that eARC might need a special/different HDMI cable maybe.
    When you say downscale - how do I so that (sometimes the audio on YouTube is crap, but ok on Netflix and Prime)?

2 issues:

Hi Debub,

Kind regards

David
    its ok - my local shop also gave me a few of the washers for free...

The Audio is working now through the Denon on my Q Ac speakers - dunno why it wasn't working previously - I thought that eARC might need a special/different HDMI cable maybe.
    When you say downscale - how do I so that (sometimes the audio on YouTube is crap, but ok on Netflix and Prime)?
    Hi Debub.

The reason for the audio difference on YouTube can be because of the sound format the file is recorded in.
    Netflix and Prime use original material whereas Youtube is loaded content by its users. 
    Audio quality is not screened on Youtube whereas Prime and Netflix are all coded properly for the likes of 5.1 etc...

There should be some Audio options within the YouTube settings that might help.
    It should also tell you in the details of the YouTube item you are watching. Some will only be 2 channel stereo some try to recreate 5.1 but you've only got the word of the uploader that its code correctly.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.