Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Back 4 Blood (from the creators of L4D)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,917 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Looks like this will be hitting XB Game Pass on day one - Eurogamer.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

"Everyone who bought Back4Blood".... so excludes those on Game Pass I guess?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,841 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Some of the best multiplayer i ever experienced was with my friends on Left 4 Dead, both trying to escape the zombies and also the PvP, absolute hysterics with some of the kills as the infected. I really hope this turns out popular and gets a good player base

• Advertisement

Same, great times. I don't know if this will manage to convince the old crew to come out of retirement, but a few of them have expressed an interest in it for sure. I'll just have to brow beat them into agreement!

Like with it being on gamepass it's guaranteed to have a big player base at the very start but I wonder if it will have cross play as that will determine what platform people will play on. I love a good coop game, had some great times with the lads here with the division 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭Homelander

Left4Dead is one of the great co-op games of all time. Given their insane popularity as well it's baffling that Value never bothered to make a thir....oh wait, yeah.

• Advertisement

Ha! "Will it have crossplay?" "Yes we fully intend to support crossplay".
    *Playstation enters chat and cocks shotgun* "Not on my watch!"

It's looking class and I totally forgot to sign up for the beta, just did it but hope I didn't leave it too late.

In an interview this very week, Jim Ryan said "We support and encourage cross-play". Eh, time to prove it Jimbo.

Mr Crispy wrote: »
    In an interview this very week, Jim Ryan said "We support and encourage cross-play". Eh, time to prove it Jimbo.

I think he just meant crossplay between PS4 & PS5 :)

Saying that, Rocket League let's me play with friends across the board which is very handy as we all have different platforms, not sure why Sony are reluctant sometimes, might just need to be a very popular game.

There's a handful of games supporting it already apparently, with more to come. But yeah, looks like they'll judge it on a case by case basis. (Games Industry Biz)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Mr Crispy wrote: »

Of course he encourages it. Sony charges developers a fee to have the game be cross play, so its effectively free money for them.

A new trailer for PC-specific features, but it does show off a couple of interesting new beasties;

So apparently I can't just post a video today without adding text to the post. This is that text. I hope you liked it.

Ready for your Summer Slay-cation? Back 4 Blood’s Open Beta is coming August 5-9 & 12-16! Pre-order for Early Access.

Don’t miss any of the apocalyptic mayhem in the Beta, including:

- 2 PvE Campaign Maps

- 2 PvP Swarm Mode Maps

- 5 Playable Cleaners

- 6 Playable Ridden

- Fort Hope Communal Hub

- All Weapons & Gear

- Cross-play and Cross-gen Support

Watch 1 hour of Back 4 Blood on Twitch and get into Early Access!

"watch 1 hour of Back 4 Blood on twitch and get early access". Wonder how that works exactly, pc only?

Twitch details:

https://back4blood.com/en-us/twitch-drops

LINK. WATCH. GET REWARDED.

Link Twitch to Your Warner Bros. Games Account

INSTRUCTIONS

STEP1

Create or sign into a free Warner Bros. Games account must be 13 years or older. CLICK HERE

STEP2

Connect your Twitch account to your Warner Bros. Games account. To complete this, click here (must be signed in), then go to “Account Settings” and click “connect” to complete the Twitch linking. CLICK HERE

STEP3

Watch a Twitch streamer playing Back 4 Blood content with drops enabled for 60 minutes to earn early access to the Open Beta between 8/5 12:00pm PST and 8/9 12:00pm PST. CLICK HERE

STEP4

To check on your progress or once you’ve completed the task, go to your Twitch Drops homepage to claim the Drop. CLICK HERE

STEP5

Claim your Early Access Open Beta for a platform of your choice in your WB Games Account. CLICK HERE

• Advertisement

Yeah its using Twitch drops. You need to watch via twitch site, doesn't work via app. I think I got a Geoff Keighley face mask for Among Us via Twitch Drops during Summer Games Fest

• Registered Users Posts: 12,454 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

• Registered Users Posts: 2,995 ✭✭✭KilOit

Looking forward to this, really don't game much but I loved L4D back in the day and will definitely give this a whirl for nostalgia reasons

Just got early access code , tried to redeem but got error. Going off reddit, I can't redeem until the beta starts tonight.

I also got 3 invites if anybody interested, not sure if tied to PlayStation.

Same, got one too! Can't redeem yet. Also have 3 codes i can request, pm me if you fancy one and will use it.

Edit: no codes left

Post edited by Zero-Cool on

Yeah codes can't be redeemed until 8pm tonight. Can't wait to try it later on

Just got an email from devs saying the beta code will work from 8pm Irish time.

• Advertisement

Redeem codes now working. PS5 is 26.59GB and PS4 is 19.02GB

Advertisement