Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nobody (Bob Odenkirk)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,050 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

ShineOn7 wrote: »
    If you liked Taken (and I loved it), is this your kinda film?

As in, it's Taken but with a dark comedy edge?

Jaysus I got no taken vibes

More of john wick style parallel universe comedy ultra violent action

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Enjoyed that popcorn movie.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,879 ✭✭✭billyhead

ShineOn7 wrote: »
    If you liked Taken (and I loved it), is this your kinda film?

As in, it's Taken but with a dark comedy edge?

It definitely has that comedic feel to it especially at the end.

Look it's totally preposterous but has more charm than John Wick.

Good mindless escapism movie.

6.5 / 10

• Registered Users Posts: 32,952 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

I absolutely loved this.
    It was a riot.
    John wick but lighter.
    Bob odenkirk top notch as usual.
    that fight in the bus absolutely loved it!
    8/10

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,952 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Oh one issue
    the lasagne looked absolutely horrible!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

A very solid, fun, taught popcorn film you'll only watch once, and that's enough

If Will Smith, Tom Cruise and Chris Pratt etc are A Level actors in the eyes of Hollywood studios, then I think Odenkirk just became a go to B Level mainstream movie star

Hopefully so

I'd take a sequel to Nobody or the talked about crossover film with John Wick with no issues

The 6.5/10 above sounds about right

gmisk wrote: »
    Oh one issue
    I blame that on Americans... Unless it's the Sopranos you're really not gonna get something as important as
    lasagne
    right...

The biggest laugh from me was the introduction of a certain character everything about their entrance was perfect , the moves and the clothes...perfectly executed!

You know who I’m talking about :)

I want the jacket and shoes :)

gmisk wrote: »
    Oh one issue

Absolute muck :)

• Advertisement

The biggest laugh from me was the introduction of a certain character everything about their entrance was perfect , the moves and the clothes...perfectly executed!

RZA as his half brother
    ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭MAULBROOK

Has any one seen BOSS LEVEL. Utter mindless ****e but i liked it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

Just watched this last night - great fun. Up there with Boss Level and Guns Akimbo for good, mindless fun. Really enjoyed Bob Odenkirk in the lead.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Mrcaramelchoc

Very enjoyable movie. Bob does well in it and so does an 82!! year old Christopher lloyd.
    Pretty good soundtrack as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Chiron

Can I ask where people are watching this..or is that a question better posed to Jack Sparrow 😉

Chiron wrote: »
    Can I ask where people are watching this..or is that a question better posed to Jack Sparrow ��

A friend in America watched it whilst video calling me

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Chiron

A friend in America watched it whilst video calling me

I get ya...thanks!

Chiron wrote: »
    Can I ask where people are watching this

giphy.webp

glasso wrote: »
    giphy.webp

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,643 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

enjoyable 90 minutes or so. Was going to say like an older generation John Wick, but the two lead actors are nearly the same age :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

To emphasise the good of the film: the action was as viscerally entertaining as could be hoped for; on the crunchier side, yet still as balletic as is popular these days - but without being excessively stylised as to ruin the suburban tone. Odenkirk, cast completely against type, knocked it out of the park in effortlessly playing BOTH the loving, Everyman Dad and pent-up killer. You could believe both versions, which was important. But that was also the point where the script just left me a little dissatisfied. It felt like the story couldn't decide how it judged Odenkirk having "overcorrected" from his previous, murderous life. The first half of the film suggested that curbing his impulses might trigger a downward spiral - the obvious peak of that being the surprise find in an apartment bedroom - but then once the Russian Mobster Stereotypes came along, the movie dropped that conflict and let fly with the carnage.

Which ... you know. Fine. The chaos is the film's true purpose here; not trying to inject analysis for its own sake, but the structure hinted at something deeper - then just gave up trying to figure out how to split the difference. Maybe this is why the tropes of the genre include killing off its loved ones in Act 1. It just yields a simpler, linear script that doesn't risk tripping up on its own shoelaces.

edit: also: while Odenkirk is the one getting the plaudits, Christopher Lloyd deserves some of that praise for kicking against type; 82 years old and while his action scenes were a touch slow, he kicked arse with the best of them all the same. Great Scott!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,849 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Well that was a fun ****ing watch! Bob, Christopher Lloyd and Rza is the dream team i never knew i wanted!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭archfi

Very enjoyable brainmush.

The issue is never the issue; the issue is always the revolution.

The Entryism process: 1) Demand access; 2) Demand accommodation; 3) Demand a seat at the table; 4) Demand to run the table; 5) Demand to run the institution; 6) Run the institution to produce more activists and policy until they run it into the ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Slutmonkey57b

Where are people watching this, or is only available in parts of the net where customer service is king and you pay for nothing?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,862 ✭✭✭mikhail

Where are people watching this, or is only available in parts of the net where customer service is king and you pay for nothing?
    https://www.justwatch.com/ie/movie/nobody
    It seems it's not available legally for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Slow opening but overall really enjoyed it. I was surprised that Odenkirk was able to pull off the action so well.

He did a reddit AMA recently and talked about how much effort he put into it. He said he didn't want it to look silly so he got in shape and worked really hard on the choreography.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,707 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

That was class :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭artvanderlay

Enjoyable movie, but it got a bit ****e near the end when
    the old man and the brother turned up to help out and it turned into a video game shoot 'em up, with bad guys running straight into the line of fire
    . Still, I much preferred it to the overlong John Wicks movies, which I thought were crap. Bob Odenkirk is a really good actor, so it was fun to see him kicking ass. Some nice humour throughout, and it was mercifully short.

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Tigerbaby

saw this on friday last at the local cinema.

could not recommend enough, particularly on the big screen and BIG sound of this film. This film deserves to be watched in these conditions.

John Wick-ish but with a lot of tongue-in-cheek humour and totally OTT.

Just great fun

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Slutmonkey57b

Yep, very good and plays great on the big screen. Less of the convoluted nonsense of the latter John wick films. Odenkirk plays the part perfectly because he really is a nobody, unlike wick who is introduced as a cool badass who lives is a cool badass house and drives a cool badass car like a badass and the reveal that he's a dangerous badass is supposed to be a surprise.

Advertisement