Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW 12 match day thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,159 ✭✭✭COH

14 (-4) from 5

HEWT

• Registered Users Posts: 42,092 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

38 (-4) with Salah (c) and KWP left.

Up to 216k from 405k yesterday but going to fall back tomorrow.

Kane, Son and Vardy the three players who can really do serious damage to my rank.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,362 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

28 from 6

HEWT

• Registered Users Posts: 20,362 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Ace2007 wrote: »
    He's not really returning the last few weeks compared to cheaper strikers
    DCL's form in recent weeks hasn't been great, if your trying to fit another premium mid in

Form Table

Name|£|**
    DCL|7.9|6.5
    Joelinton|5.7|6.0
    Welbeck|5.5|4.8
    Kane|10.9|4.5
    Wilson|6.6|4.3
    Bamford|6.2|4.2
    Cavani|8.0|4.0
    Benteke|5.5|3.8
    Richarlison|7.8|3.8
    Vardy|10.3|3.8

"but too expensive"

Value/form Table

Name|£|**
    Joelinton|5.7|1.1
    Welbeck|5.5|0.9
    DCL|7.9|0.8
    Benteke|5.5|0.7
    Bamford|6.2|0.7
    Wilson|6.6|0.7
    Haller|6.1|0.6
    Wood|6.2|0.5
    Richarlison|7.8|0.5
    Decordova|5.3|0.5

"and of course, he's just not prolific enough"

Number of times in the dream team

Name|£|**
    Kane|10.9|4
    vardy|10.3|3
    Watkins|6.1|2
    DCL|7.9|2
    Joelinton|5.7|2
    Wilson|6.6|2

"And i never really see him in the games anyway - pops up with a goal or an assist and then hes non existant"

ICT Index rating ( Influence,creativity,threat rating)

Name|£|**
    Kane|10.9|133.8
    DCL|7.9|120.4
    Bamford|6.2|100.9
    Werner|9.5|91.3
    Vardy|10.3|89.3
    Watkins|6.1|78.5
    Firmino|9.2|71.8
    Wilson|6.6|70.4
    Maupay|6.1|69.3
    Adams|6.0|68.8
    Ings|8.4|65.8

https://www.premierleague.com/news/65567

he only had 1 assist today, but could have had two at least only for an offside decision going against him. The reality of it is, he's a huge influence on the game from an Everton and an FPL point of view. If that stat says anything, it's the Werner owners have really gotten the wide end of the shaft this season so far.

if price is the only reason for you wanting rid of DCL, then let that be the case, because as far as the stats are concerned when it comes to form, he's top of the pile

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Stats can prove anything you want them to though

But he's a 7.9m striker returning points per match basically the same as Wilson, who is 6.6m, on penalties and had 3 double digit scores so far this season despite playing 2 games less than DCL. Which for some reason you chose not to show?? And Bamford is marginally behind and is priced at 6.2m.

So if you want to try to fit in 3/4 of the big hitter in midfield - the types of players who have gotten more double digit scores than DCL in less matches, then downgrading DCL to Wilson, Bamford, or even Welbeck, makes a lot of sense.

Let's look at another stat - bonus points this season - despite scoring more goals, and being more expensive, DCL has less bonus points than Wilson and Bamford. Wilson in this time has played 2 games less. Now he got 3bps in both games he got the double digit hauls, which means than in the other 10 games, he's managed only 4 bonus points, and in fact in total, he's only got bonus points in 4 games. Both Bamford and Wilson have gotten bonus points in more games.

The two games where he has scored more than 1 goal - have been against Fulham and West Brom - probably the two worse defences in the league.

So in a normal season where the sub 7m strikers weren't returning, then yes he might be worth a long time stay in teams, but with so many high price mids looking like scoring double digit hauls regularly, it just makes sense to sell him, if you need to raise the cash.

If Welbeck were to score tomorrow he would be pretty much matching DCL over 4 GW's, but would be 2.5m cheaper, and has a lot more favourable fixtures. And that's the other element to it - it's the future returns people care about the most.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

24(-4) from 7. If Son and Kane turn up tomorrow and Salah has an off day then I'm in trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,687 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Currently on 26 but with Dias and soucek on bench . Castagne unlikely to play so that should be Dias in . Need jota not to play for soucek to come in

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    Currently on 26 but with Dias and soucek on bench . Castagne unlikely to play so that should be Dias in . Need jota not to play for soucek to come in

Good news for you. Jota has been ruled out.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,401 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Good news for you. Jota has been ruled out.

I don’t think he has, Klopp said he has a knock. The metro is reporting two months. Times guy is saying it’ll be assessed

• Registered Users Posts: 11,254 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Liverpool team is supposedly Allison Taa robertson fabinho Matip henderson wijnaldum Jones salah firmino mane.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭Brian201888

Alisson
    Trent
    Fabinho
    Matip
    Robbo
    Curtis
    Hendo
    Gini
    Salah
    Mane
    Firmino

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭Ginger n Lemon

Alisson
    Trent
    Fabinho
    Matip
    Robbo
    Curtis
    Hendo
    Gini
    Salah
    Mane
    Firmino

Brian I hope you are right.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,551 ✭✭✭✭siblers

I don't see how Salah won't start. Especially with Jota injured

1-0 Southampton

Adams (Bednarek)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Sooner or later I will actually get a Southampton defender - seriously consistent in returning whether goals assists or clean sheets - nearly very week one of them contributes

• Registered Users Posts: 33,236 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Sooner or later I will actually get a Southampton defender - seriously consistent in returning whether goals assists or clean sheets - nearly very week one of them contributes

They’re so dangerous from set pieces. The one team where you target the CBS ahead of the fullbacks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭crushproof

Good stuff. Have Adams, but also Vestergaard, whom BBC initially had down as the assist! Ah well.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,551 ✭✭✭✭siblers

It'd be great if one of my players could get some points this week. Have Ings and JWP. Fully expect this to finish 1-0

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,267 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Was .3m short for Ings. Went for Wilson. Didn't even consider Adams

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

After this I only have Salah (C) and Lamptey to go ... I hope today is like yesterday :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭munster87

Armstrong goal, Ings assist

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Redmond goal.

Green&Red wrote: »
    I don’t think he has, Klopp said he has a knock. The metro is reporting two months. Times guy is saying it’ll be assessed

Paul Joyce of The Times who has close ties to Liverpool tweeted yesterday morning he would miss the Fulham game due to a knee injury. The club are waiting for it to settle down first.

wonski wrote: »
    Redmond goal.

Romeu assist.

Adams off for N’Lundulu.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

A late Sheff goal would be very annoying

• Advertisement

Southampton 3-0 full-time.

Advertisement