Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Family coming home from England for xmas

Options
  • 11-12-2020 9:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,318 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Sorry mods if not in the correct forum, feel free to move.

I've family coming home from England for xmas, the mother and father are willing to take the chance (even though they are in a risk category).

They are not willing to isolate before coming over (yes stupid I know!)

I was wondering where is the antigen test that I can purchase to try and mitigate the risks of them coming back over.

I heard it on a newstalk show this morning.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,634 ✭✭✭CalamariFritti

<obligatory Michael Jackson eating pop corn gif/>

• Registered Users Posts: 1,782 ✭✭✭I see sheep

Why would you be buying the test?
    If they want one they'll get one I'd imagine

• Registered Users Posts: 3,318 ✭✭✭davo2001

Why would you be buying the test?
    If they want one they'll get one I'd imagine

Cause they (the family members) are cheap AF.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭GoneHome

I wouldn't chance it, the Uk is riff with Covid, London in particular, why would you risk putting already at risk parents through that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭BryanMartin21

My sister came back from London earlier this week. She has been out and about over there. But she had two negative tests the last week and a half so London is not necessarily rife with positive cases.

I'd suggest OP lays low if they are so concerned.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,915 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

If they get a proper test done five days after arrival and it is negative, they will be able to end their isolation. Tell them to stop messing about and do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,318 ✭✭✭davo2001

It's not my choice so I can't avoid them, I'm just asking where people got the tests?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

davo2001 wrote: »
    It's not my choice so I can't avoid them, I'm just asking where people got the tests?

Boots are doing them

• Registered Users Posts: 5,129 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

davo2001 wrote: »

Is the test for them or you?

Advertisement