Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dog left outside in the freezing rain for most of the night

• 11-12-2020 11:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭

One of my neighbours leaves her tiny dog (possibly a chihuahua) outside in her back garden til midnight every night. It barks non-stop all night.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 691 ✭✭✭jmlad2020

Buy the poor dog a little Kennel for Christmas or buy a used one. May be the only way without confronting the owner.

Or cut a little hole in the fence to your garden and create a doggie heaven paradise where it gets looked after proper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭Buddy Bubs

Tip off the ISPCA if you don't want to bring it up with the owners

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,908 ✭✭✭daheff

Maybe they do have a kennel. It might be that the dog wants to be inside with the owner at night time. Some dogs will just bark until they get bored or get their way.

Also maybe find out what kind of dog it is. Some are suited more to the outside than others.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Thread lock for move to Animlas and Pets - new charter applies

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,964 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

Thread Reopened. If you are not a regular poster of this forum, please read the charter before posting.

Thanks,
    CB.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭paddythere

daheff wrote: »
    Maybe they do have a kennel. It might be that the dog wants to be inside with the owner at night time. Some dogs will just bark until they get bored or get their way.

Also maybe find out what kind of dog it is. Some are suited more to the outside than others.

Think it's a chihuahua. It's pretty small and doesnt have much hair on it (I've only seen her actually walk the thing a handful of times)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭cocker5

Buddy Bubs wrote: »
    Tip off the ISPCA if you don't want to bring it up with the owners

They will do nothing .. you might as well be p*ssing in the wind .. I’m sorry to say but it’s true.

Irish law is very backward when it comes to animal rights ..

Had neighbours a few houses away, in the past that left their gorgeous collie outdoors all day barking their head off- it wasn’t the dogs fault he was barking- totally the neighbours fault. But I got so fed up, not with the noise, but with the neighbour that I started shouting at the dog when I knew the neighbour was in earshot pretending to be rightly annoyed-especially on weekend summers days when everyone was outside in their gardens- he eventually got the message-

in fairness I had no dealings with this guy and didn’t want to have anything to do with him and didn’t care what he thought of me either and also, it would have been hard for him to determine which neighbour was shouting- maybe get a few neighbours to do similar until he gets the message.

Another neighbour who left their dog out all day, barking received an anonymous letter- nothing rude or threatening, just very assertive and rightly pointing out that it was cruel to leave a dog barking all day-he was quite taken aback by it- he gave the dog away as he was out working all day- while I didn’t write the letter, I was very glad to see the poor dog was finally given a well deserved good home- some people are just so cruel

Advertisement