Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Email Problem outlook

Options
  • 12-12-2020 2:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭

Basically I am using the latest version of Outlook email..
    There are what you might call 'subfolders' that were created & can be accessed through right clicking on the Inbox.
    One of these inbox subfolders seems to have disappeared, although it was not deleted..
    Is this a common glitch with outlook email?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭smuggler.ie

I am me123 wrote: »
    Basically I am using the latest version of Outlook email..
    There are what you might call 'subfolders' that were created & can be accessed through right clicking on the Inbox.
    One of these inbox subfolders seems to have disappeared, although it was not deleted..
    Is this a common glitch with outlook email?

Subfolder "disappear" would not be common, very common is when user accidentally "drag&drop" folder into another - expand every subfolder and look in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭I am me123

Subfolder "disappear" would not be common, very common is when user accidentally "drag&drop" folder into another - expand every subfolder and look in there.

Thanks. Could this be a glitch with outlook if more than one person using their own personal outlook email is affected by the same issue?
    As above, could the folder be elsewhere in the email menu pane?

Thanks. Could this be a glitch with outlook if more than one person using their own personal outlook email is affected by the same issue?
    As above, could the folder be elsewhere in the email menu pane?
    Was folder created by user(s) or was it one of default outlook folders? What was its name if default ?

If several users use same mail address its in sync - moved folder would "disappear" for all users.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/show-all-folders-b977276a-ffa3-4f6c-9839-b9e6a736e154

Was folder created by user(s) or was it one of default outlook folders? What was its name if default ?

If several users use same mail address its in sync - moved folder would "disappear" for all users.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/show-all-folders-b977276a-ffa3-4f6c-9839-b9e6a736e154

The folder was created by an administrator. It is a work based email each email using the same domain. For example JOE.BLOGGS@domain.ie.

The folder was created by an administrator. It is a work based email each email using the same domain. For example JOE.BLOGGS@domain.ie.
    There could be many variables and Joe Bloggs might have no clue or have no permissions to do anything. Might be it was removed intentionally .

As your Office365/Exchange is managed by IT dep/company you should contact them.

• Advertisement

There could be many variables and Joe Bloggs might have no clue or have no permissions to do anything. Might be it was removed intentionally .

As your Office365/Exchange is managed by IT dep/company you should contact them.

Thank you.
    Issue resolved.

Advertisement