Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump v Biden 2020,The insurrection (pt 6) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,499 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

CNN are making a mess of this

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

"You did not win."

Pence to the fascists, but was absolutely aiming that at Trump too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭CtevenSrowder

Tony EH wrote: »
    I'm not going to try and make it any clearer for you. There's no way I can dumb it down that far.

I paraphrased what you said perfectly. It's you who is having the trouble understanding something very simple. A bit like a Trump supporter some might say... There's an irony. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭rosser44

Faugheen wrote: »
    Yep. Way too f*cking late. Ted Cruz has already shown himself up for the absolute chancer that he is.

Rubio, Gaetz, Hawley etc might not object on record, but they were fully on the same team as Cruz, and he is very much on the record.

Cretins the lot of them. It looks like McConnell might have whipped them on the objections, but if the terrorists had not come through the doors they'd definitely have grandstanded and whored themselves out to the trump supporters for 2024

• Registered Users Posts: 25,503 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

I think you could see on his face tonight the realisation of how difficult his presidency will be.

I think he will need to be very well protected. Not from some foreign terrorist but from some redneck yeehaw right wing fûckwits..

Good speech from Pence there... he looks and sounds genuinely embarrassed to be part of the Trump circus....he basically just fûcked him under a bus.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,666 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

ErFyVNsWMAA1_mb?format=jpg&name=large

• Registered Users Posts: 886 ✭✭✭bb12

I think you could see on his face tonight the realisation of how difficult his presidency will be.

there could be trouble ahead for him also. it almost appears that his supporters give him a messiah status in that he will solve all their problems, but what will happen when he will inevitably fail or come up short? will be interesting to see what happens when a black person gets shot by police under his watch,

Wow McConnell called the attack an insurrection. Donny is done

• Registered Users Posts: 25,597 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

McConnell just said "we will confirm the winner of the 2020 election"

Trumps toast!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭CtevenSrowder

ErFyVNsWMAA1_mb?format=jpg&name=large

In some respects I feel Obama came 12 years too early. He's exactly the kind of president America needs now:

'“There is not a liberal America and a conservative America. There is the United States of America. There is not a black America, a white America, a Latino America, an Asian America. There’s the United States of America.”

• Advertisement

I think it was more shock / realisation of what was going on. He seems to care more about people and his country in general, than ambition, at least that is what I got from his address.

• Schumer just addressed Pence as Mr President.

Or am I just hearing things?

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭one armed dwarf

bb12 wrote: »
    there could be trouble ahead for him also. it almost appears that his supporters give him a messiah status in that he will solve all their problems, but what will happen when he will inevitably fail or come up short? will be interesting to see what happens when a black person gets shot by police under his watch,

No democrats actually think Biden is a messiah figure, they aren't the ones hopelessly lost in a personality cult.

I think Biden's flaws are well recognised and his failures will and should be called out. But lets wait until he's President first.

Schumer just addressed Pence as Mr President.

Yes but it means as president of the senate/congress.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,212 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

The Vice President of the US is President, or Chair, of the Senate. When he or soon to be she, is addressed in the Chair it is Mr or Madam President.

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

bb12 wrote: »

This is the best thing that could ever happen for Joe Biden.

Nothing he does, absolutely zero, will make people forget what happened here because of Trump and the Republicans.

I'd say Trump is twitching on his phone now to fire stuff out.

He might have joined Boards.ie before the night's out.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭Degag

He did i think but was just a faux pas i believe.

EDIT: Or not, and used in a different context as others have said.....

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

Another one who needs to read the post i responded to initially. .

Others read it and understood it, without the need for clarification.

You're the only one who's struggling.

uploads2ftmp2f8d8ee32a-813e-4358-a796-3dbb116f77af2fmp2c650x6422cgloss2cf8f8f82ct-pad2c750x10002cf8f8f8_u26_MUQ0TB0HfW.jpg?auto=compress%2Cformat&w=900&h=675&fit=min

• Registered Users Posts: 19,887 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

murpho999 wrote: »
    I'd say Trump is twitching on his phone now to fire stuff out.

5 years ahead of you sunshine

• Advertisement

I paraphrased what you said perfectly.

You cannot paraphrase what you didn't understand in the first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Tippex

Chuck schumer has just called Trump out on being the instigator. Neither Pence or Mconnell did. But Schumer going all in. Laying the foundation for article 25?

Degag wrote: »

No it's not. The vice president holds office of President of the Senate.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

Another one who needs to read the post i responded to initially.

Regardless, there were plenty of protests after Trump won. Claims of 'he's not my president' etc. Luckily Hilary and Co didn't whip them up into such a frenzy that they stormed capitol hill, though there was the years of the bogus Russia claims instead.

Bogus Russia claims yet 34 individuals and three Russian businesses were indicted! This despite Trump team blocking the investigation at every turn too.

Compare the investigation with how open Hillary Clinton was appearing in public to answer questions over her emails for 2 years.

Jesus that would be the end of my account! A ban I'd take with pride

5 years ahead of you sunshine

That's a beautiful post.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Tippex

Degag wrote: »

EDIT: Or not, and used in a different context as others have said.....

Pence is the president of the Senate just as harris will be.

Faugheen wrote: »
    Yep. Way too f*cking late. Ted Cruz has already shown himself up for the absolute chancer that he is.

Rubio, Gaetz, Hawley etc might not object on record, but they were fully on the same team as Cruz, and he is very much on the record.

Yep. They are the kind of rat that needs to be weeded out of politics. Enablers of the absolute worst kind. Incredibly destructive snakes.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,887 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

That's a beautiful post.

I only do the best and bigliest posts

• Advertisement

• Hope to bejaysus they remembered to sanitise the chamber.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement