Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump v Biden 2020,The insurrection (pt 6) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Chuck Schumer calling them exactly what they are - domestic terrorists

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭CtevenSrowder

Tony EH wrote: »
    Others read it and understood it, without the need for clarification.

You're the only one who's struggling.

uploads2ftmp2f8d8ee32a-813e-4358-a796-3dbb116f77af2fmp2c650x6422cgloss2cf8f8f82ct-pad2c750x10002cf8f8f8_u26_MUQ0TB0HfW.jpg?auto=compress%2Cformat&w=900&h=675&fit=min

I didn't need clarification. Sorry to burst your morally superior bubble. Turns out you may not be all that smarter than someone who voted for Trump, nose held or not. Yikes!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,499 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Hope to bejaysus they remembered to sanitise the chamber.

No need as the rioters don't believe in Covid.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,503 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Re: Pence just quoted... “The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” ― Edmund Burke

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Wasn't Lankford one of the goons who was happy to go along with the bollocks?

Apologise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,388 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

murpho999 wrote: »

Why did do many of them wear masks around their chins?

rossie1977 wrote: »
    Bogus Russia claims yet 34 individuals and three Russian businesses were indicted! This despite Trump team blocking the investigation at every turn too.

Compare the investigation with how open Hillary Clinton was appearing in public to answer questions over her emails for 2 years.

I'm wondering has Putin been playing him like a piano, getting his own sweet music from afar. Trump's vanity is his Achilles heel, and his IQ moderate at best.

rossie1977 wrote: »
    Bogus Russia claims yet 34 individuals and three Russian businesses were indicted! This despite Trump team blocking the investigation at every turn too.

Compare the investigation with how open Hillary Clinton was appearing in public to answer questions over her emails for 2 years.

The Hillary email stuff was a load of bollox aswell. All just attempts at slander. Biden got it aswell, and will continue to over the next 4 years unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,237 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

Strumms wrote: »
    Re: Pence just quoted... “The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” ― Edmund Burke
    He did nothing for the last four years of this sh!tshow

F*ck Pence

• Registered Users Posts: 19,887 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

That could be taken in two ways though.

i.e. are people who are standing by and not condemning the storming allowing evil to triumph?

Or are the people standing by and not taking part in the storming allowing evil to triumph?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,887 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

murpho999 wrote: »

I'd say there will be a few of them picked up on security cameras who will wish, in retrospect, that they had worn their masks.........

Billy Mays wrote: »

F*ck Pence

Truth, he’s trying to limit the damage to himself partially I’m sure .... he knows he’s just a placeholder but one indelibly linked to the worst most anti democratic leaders in the wes... well THE worst most anti democratic leader in the western world...

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

My irony meter just went off the scale. :pac:

Although that would suggest that Pence was a "good" man. So maybe it's just broken.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭Dank Janniels

You just know Geebag O'Doherty and her ilk are gona make a lame arsed attempt of this on the Dail tomorrow lol!!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Faugheen wrote: »
    This is the best thing that could ever happen for Joe Biden.

Nothing he does, absolutely zero, will make people forget what happened here because of Trump and the Republicans.

Yeh, it seems so bad optically for America but is there a chance this could actually be a good thing long term? Seems to be Bi partisan agreement at the moment, maybe Trump has finally gone full retard to the point that even those backing him are pegging it.

Also surely this guarantees Trump will definitely not be running for election again ? It just feels like this is so big, even for Trump, that he won’t get past what happened today.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,499 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Sardonicat wrote: »
    Why did do many of them wear masks around their chins?

It's cold in Washington in January.

You just know Geebag O'Doherty and her ilk are gona make a lame arsed attempt of this on the Dail tomorrow lol!!

We've better security lol :D

You cannot paraphrase what you didn't understand in the first place.

I did, not all Republican voters always vote Republican. As such, my paraphrase of 'Republicans in general who always vote GOP' is a perfectly acceptable paraphrase of what you said. The last 4 words in the quotes in particular are important, the word 'always' is of most importance. If you need it explained further I can of course be of service to you :)

Billy Mays wrote: »

F*ck Pence

The irony wasn’t lost... some shîtshow.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,597 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Drumpot wrote: »
    Yeh, it seems so bad optically for America but is there a chance this could actually be a good thing long term? Seems to be Bi partisan agreement at the moment, maybe Trump has finally gone full retard to the point that even those backing him are pegging it.

Also surely this guarantees Trump will definitely not be running for election again ? It just feels like this is so big, even for Trump, that he won’t get past what happened today.

And to think, if he had just shut up twelve months ago, if he had listened to advice from the experts and handled covid better they would be confirming him tonight for his second term.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭feargale

I think he will need to be very well protected. Not from some foreign terrorist but from some redneck yeehaw right wing fûckwits..

Good speech from Pence there... he looks and sounds genuinely embarrassed to be part of the Trump circus....he basically just fûcked him under a bus.

That's all very fine from Pence but he stayed silent long enough. You don't praise a man who beats his wife just because he didn't murder her.
    I applaud Romney, and a few other decent Republicans but for many it's too late for redemption.

And to think, if he had just shut up twelve months ago, if he had listened to advice from the experts and handled covid better they would be confirming him tonight for his second term.

I guess Covid isn't all bad, silver linings and all that...

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭nolivesmatter

Yep. Literally all he had to do was nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

I did, not all Republican voters always vote Republican. As such, my paraphrase of 'Republicans in general who always vote GOP' is a perfectly acceptable paraphrase of what you said. The last 4 words in the quotes in particular are important, the word 'always' is of most importance. If you need it explained further I can of course be of service to you :)

You fucked up. Just admitting you fucked up would be better than trying to spend the next hour or so weaselling out it and making yourself look even more desperate than you do presently.

We're done here. I cannot fix your amount of stupid.

Drumpot wrote: »

The fact that so many there at the "insurrection" have a very low IQ put a great spanner in the works and made it self-defeating. Trump looked a tad defeated tbh.

feargale wrote: »
    That's all very fine from Pence but he stayed silent long enough. You don't praise a man who beats his wife just because he didn't murder her.
    I applaud Romney, and a few other decent Republicans but for many it's too late for redemption.

100%.. Actually ! More I think, it could be the republicans just on a damage limitation footing now

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭Renjit

Others read it and understood it, without the need for clarification.

You're the only one who's struggling.

uploads2ftmp2f8d8ee32a-813e-4358-a796-3dbb116f77af2fmp2c650x6422cgloss2cf8f8f82ct-pad2c750x10002cf8f8f8_u26_MUQ0TB0HfW.jpg?auto=compress%2Cformat&w=900&h=675&fit=min

Confederacy of dunces captures the essence to the very last drop :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭quodec

Any helicopters landing at the White House? Will he make a break for the border?

quodec wrote: »
    Any helicopters landing at the White House? Will he make a break for the border?

Break for the border is shut...

• Advertisement

quodec wrote: »

Mexico won't want him, too unstable.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement