Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump v Biden 2020,The insurrection (pt 6) Read OP

Options

Comments

• I think theres a good chance he could come here in the next few weeks given Scotland have rejected him.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,505 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Mexico won't want him, too unstable.

5823977746e27a34478b5724?width=1100&format=jpeg&auto=webp

• Registered Users Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

Drumpot wrote: »
    Yeh, it seems so bad optically for America but is there a chance this could actually be a good thing long term? Seems to be Bi partisan agreement at the moment, maybe Trump has finally gone full retard to the point that even those backing him are pegging it.

Also surely this guarantees Trump will definitely not be running for election again ? It just feels like this is so big, even for Trump, that he won’t get past what happened today.

The only way he could do it is to set up his own independent party, which probably wouldn't manage to get more than 20% of the 70 million that fancied him in this election.

Most of those voters will abandon Trump over the course of the next 4 years and latch onto whoever the Republicans put forth for 2024 and Trump will become increasingly isolated.

But, I wouldn't put it past him to try and set up a party to run, even knowing that his chances would be miniscule. The Democrats, Republicans and Libertarians would have to screw things up to a right royal degree in order for him to have any kind of shot.

Still though, he's already shown that it's a handy way to grift a lot of cash out of fools who are only too willing to buy his bullshit and abandon any semblance of critical thought about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭CtevenSrowder

Tony EH wrote: »
    You fucked up. Just admitting you fucked up would be better than trying to spend the next hour or so weaselling out it and making yourself look even more desperate than you do presently.

We're done here. I cannot fix your amount of stupid.

Haha I'm sorry I burst your bubble of superiority. You know fully well what I paraphrased makes perfect sense, and an apt summation of what you said. Just because you've been shown up to be the opposite cheek of the same arse to those you are so opposed to, you are throwing your toys out of the pram. You can have the last word, I know for those who have the intellect of a mere Trump supporter that type of thing means a lot. So it's all yours.Goodnight and Goodluck.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭feargale

In some respects I feel Obama came 12 years too early. He's exactly the kind of president America needs now:

'“There is not a liberal America and a conservative America. There is the United States of America. There is not a black America, a white America, a Latino America, an Asian America. There’s the United States of America.”

That's all fine, but liberals shouldn't have to tone down their principles just to placate Trump and his fascist thugs and to avoid another attempted coup. Upwards and onwards in the mission to liberalise, equalise, environmentally cleanse and civilise that troubled country.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Kelly Loeffler had a chance to really save some face by officially conceding her own race. She didn't.

Absolutely nothing is going to change here. Those who were going to object have made it very clear that this 'issue' isn't over, but they're not going to worry about it today.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,170 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Pence has officially gone to the dark side. Not sure it takes back the 4 years of backing Trump though. You can't just undo it all with a few words.

I think theres a good chance he could come here in the next few weeks given Scotland have rejected him.

Does he not have a yacht moored up somewhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

The only way he could do it is to set up his own independent party, which probably wouldn't manage to get more than 20% of the 70 million that fancied him in this election.

Most of those voters will abandon Trump over the course of the next 4 years and latch onto whoever the Republicans put forth for 2024 and Trump will become increasingly isolated.

But, I wouldn't put it past him to try and set up a party to run, even knowing that his chances would be miniscule. The Democrats, Republicans and Libertarians would have to screw things up to a right royal degree in order for him to have any kind of shot.

Still though, he's already shown that it's a handy way to grift a lot of cash out of fools who are only too willing to buy his bullshit and abandon any semblance of critical thought about it.

Do you think he’d run on an independent platform using either fox or maybe even his own new fake news network ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

Another one who needs to read the post i responded to initially.

Regardless, there were plenty of protests after Trump won. Claims of 'he's not my president' etc. Luckily Hilary and Co didn't whip them up into such a frenzy that they stormed capitol hill, though there was the years of the bogus Russia claims instead.
    Do you you think every single US intelligence agency and the bipartisan (Republican chaired) Senate committee were also just making it up when they also agreed on Russian interference?

I see you weren't able to link us to Democrats violently forcing their way into a live session of Congress, during the finalizing of a national election, in order to try and change the outcome.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,597 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Strumms wrote: »
    Break for the border is shut...

Damn what a place to go back in the day :pac:

Do you think he’d run on an independent platform using either fox or maybe even his own new fake news network ?

Possibly, he'll try Trump News or something to that effect. It's difficult to know just what this maniac will do in the next few years.

In addition to seeing how easy it is to relieve fools of their money (he had campaign funds coming AFTER he lost an election), he's also seen that propaganda can work wonders on the simple minded, even to the point where they'll try and storm a public building in broad daylight.

That kind of fanbase is just ripe for milking every cent they've got.

Strumms wrote: »
    Break for the border is shut...

Coppers then?

Coppers then?

If you're in BFTB then the obvious next steps are Peters bar, Major Tom's, Sinnotts and THEN Coppers :D

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭E mac

Ben Sasse comes across well...

If you're in BFTB then the obvious next steps are Peters bar, Major Tom's, Sinnotts and THEN Coppers :D

Yeh. Sorry T.

It's been a while. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

They are talking about it on BBC news.

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭rosser44

E mac wrote: »
    Ben Sasse comes across well...

Comes across well, but theres massive self serving douchbag vibes off him

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

Does he not have a yacht moored up somewhere?
    #45 wouldn't be the first elderly, obese, blond-haired, tinfoil-hatter with extensive legal problems to take to a ship in later life - L Ron Hubbard did it too:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sea_Org#Ships_and_land_bases

• Advertisement

Yeh. Sorry T.

It's been a while. :(

I worked BFTB, Tom's and Sinnotts as a doorman so that was always my pub crawl when i had a night off (occassional side track to Bruxelles)

• Should have been done when he started disregarding public health advice and started coming up with his own solutions like injecting disinfectant into the lungs on front of a watching American public.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,499 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

• Registered Users Posts: 3,662 ✭✭✭dasdog

TNN - although he is getting old and today's events will tarnish him.

They are talking about it on BBC news.

I thought you meant break for the border for a minute there :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭What.Now

I worked BFTB, Tom's and Sinnotts as a doorman so that was always my pub crawl when i had a night off (occassional side track to Bruxelles)

Ah Jesus will you stop. I need to get out. Bruxelles I miss you

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭rosser44

murpho999 wrote: »

An association of US manufacturers have called for the 25th too, I'd say that their donations and lobbying money will speak volumes more

Yeh, I remember you...you stopped me getting in at 3 in the morning one time and I was a jober as a sudge. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭OS_Head

At last, now that Trump is gone. The Deep state and army of Multi national lobbyists can get back to fleecing the American people good and proper.

• Advertisement

What.Now wrote: »
    Ah Jesus will you stop. I need to get out. Bruxelles I miss you

Not been there in 10 years but loved a couple pints there, one up/one down was our motto (unless someone pulled a hot goth girl) :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement