Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump v Biden 2020,The insurrection (pt 6) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,372 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

You could put the best Film directors in the world together and they could not do better job then this **** show today.

Trump senior might be gone but the worry is his
    Son in few years time will cause just as much havoc when he runs for president.

RIP America.

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭rosser44

You could put the best Film directors in the world together and they could not do better job then this **** show today.

RIP America.

The one good thing is that the GOP can't back him after this. Trumpism is poison for them now, they have to try to shake this stink off

• Registered Users Posts: 34,372 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

rosser44 wrote: »
    The one good thing is that the GOP can't back him after this. Trumpism is poison for them now, they have to try to shake this stink off

Hope you're right

Enough is enough of this toxic stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 2,421 ✭✭✭basillarkin

He's some piece of work. Snivelling rat with no backbone. If one good thing comes out of all this it might be trump releasing the dirt on him

Reminds me of Kevin spacey character in American version of the house of cards

• Registered Users Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Tippex

Totally agree the GOP are in disarray after what happened today. I don’t believe they would ever get into bed with the Trumps again and risk a repeat (but people are mental when it comes to power)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

I want to go to bed. It’s hard to not watch!

Is this a process to ask if people are still protesting the votes? Very few I’s

• Registered Users Posts: 4,075 ✭✭✭joseywhales

Drumpot wrote: »
    I want to go to bed. It’s hard to not watch!

Is this a process to ask if people are still protesting the votes? Very few I’s

you'd think there would be some technology that could help us here....like a button

or do a pre-yay/nay to get the general count and only proceed if it sounds close?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,711 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

RIP America.

I think this has put killed any aspirations the Trump kids had of going for office themselves in future.

Don Jr I think was never going to be a contender anyway, Ivanka was the one which I thought would stand the best chance of doing so but it will be just too easy for any republican opponent in Primaries to point to this and show their role in supporting the man who made it happen.

I think they are done.

Reminds me of Kevin spacey character in American version of the house of cards

I'd say "Lady G" and Spacey have a bit in common.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭The Floyd p

I think this has put killed any aspirations the Trump kids had of going for office themselves in future.

Don Jr I think was never going to be a contender anyway, Ivanka was the one which I thought would stand the best chance of doing so but it will be just too easy for any republican opponent in Primaries to point to this and show their role in supporting the man who made it happen.

I think they are done.

Agreed. None of the sons have the necessary charisma to make it work. Ivanka is the only one who's even possible, but I doubt it.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Randle P. McMurphy

I think they are done.

Agreed. Stick a fork in them, they are done.

I'd say "Lady G" and Spacey have a bit in common.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IlERV_ePVxU

Toomey is so over trumps sh1t

• Registered Users Posts: 83,547 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Left the thread on page 53 did I miss anything :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭speckle

Way too late to be up...what an interesting day over the pond...learnt the difference between rhino/rino aswell as manga..magna..and maga at last... :D
    Peace to you all ...I might just hibernate tomorrow while we await the...

????
    My thoughts to the family of the young woman who died and anyone else injured in any way.. no matter what their political persuasion is or none..

• Registered Users Posts: 12,117 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

I think they are done.

Nah.

I can see Trumpers winning plenty of primaries and then getting blown out in the main event.

Example in 2022 , Brian Kemp a supposed traitor will face Doug Collins a MAGA chap and Kemp will lose.

Collins will then get smashed by whoever the Dems choose as while the MAGA side may come out their is not enough voters their in any swing states to get it done.

Its easy to say this is the end of MAGA, but their will be plenty of alternative media sites who are much more more powerful than mainstream media think spinning and downplaying today.

Rjd2 wrote: »
    Nah.

I can see Trumpers winning plenty of primaries and then getting blown out in the main event.

Example in 2022 , Brian Kemp a supposed traitor will face Doug Collins a MAGA chap and Kemp will lose.

Collins will then get smashed by whoever the Dems choose as while the MAGA side may come out their is not enough voters their in any swing states to get it done.

Its easy to say this is the end of MAGA, but their will be plenty of alternative media sites who are much more more powerful than mainstream media think spinning and downplaying today.

Agreed, and the appeal of 74M voters will be a very strong one. But, I don't think they will see a Trump as the vessel for them to use to get the government they want.

None of the 3 Trump children have stood out as being powerful or impressive in their own right. Michael Cohen's book went in to detail about how ineffectual Don Jr was and I don't think anyone would picture Eric as having the charisma necessary for politics. Ivanka was the one, or her husband Jared but he is not well liked apparently and has a lot of skeletons in his closet.

As for Georgia, if Stacy Abrams doesn't feel the full support of the Democrat party to walk that Governor race in 2022 then it is going to be a stain on their memory.
    She registered 800K voters since Kemp beat her (after he purged 700K from the voter rolls). Trump was beaten by just 12K votes in Georgia impacting his attempts at re-election, and both Dem candidates won their run off by about 73K votes. She has more than earned the right to be supported.

First objection to a states certificate of electoral votes, for Georgia has failed after senators who had supported it withdrew their support after todays events meaning it failed the requirements to be considered by Pence.

A significant moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,547 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

"The objection cannot be entertained."

All Senators have withdrawn their sponsorship.

The count will be over in a few minutes folks.

• Advertisement

In yer face Georgia

• Registered Users Posts: 25,505 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

RIP America.

I’d say anyone with the name Trump will do well to get into Walmart, forget the Whitehouse. This will resonate for decades.

Objection to counting Michigan failed to be considered as it was not signed by a Senator.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,573 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

Objection to counting Michigan failed to be considered as it was not signed by a Senator.

Who was the senator that was meant to object? Thats the only reason im still up, for the drama...

Who was the senator that was meant to object? Thats the only reason im still up, for the drama...

Don't know. Representative who objected just said sadly that it had not been signed by a Senator.

Sure we'll hear eventually.

Nevada now being objected to by 55 Reps.

And it is not signed by a Senator. More applause in the chamber.

Yeah, just watching on CNN, they said Michigan was the one to keep an eye out for,

Just looking at the states in alphebetical order, will there be an objection for Pennsylvania?

Yeah, just watching on CNN, they said Michigan was the one to keep an eye out for,

Just looking at the states in alphebetical order, will there be an objection for Pennsylvania?

Signed by a senotor too, so there we go

Pennsylvania objection is signed by both a representative and a Senator.

This could be interesting.

Joint session has been recessed. Both houses retiring to their own chambers to consider the objection...

Hawley was the Senator

• Advertisement

Is there an objection to Wisconsin anticipated as well?

According to CNN, no.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement