Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump v Biden 2020,The insurrection (pt 6) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Fiery mutant

What a ****show. How these pathetic objections can still go ahead after what happened yesterday is just mind boggling.

We should defend our way of life to an extent that any attempt on it is crushed, so that any adversary will never make such an attempt in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,712 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

What a ****show. How these pathetic objections can still go ahead after what happened yesterday is just mind boggling.

It's surreal to be watching them going about their business considering what was going on in those very same rooms just 10 hours ago and someone was shot and died in the corridors outside.

Somber mood but still some people making soft jokes throughout the night.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,173 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Strumms wrote: »
    I’d say anyone with the name Trump will do well to get into Walmart, forget the Whitehouse. This will resonate for decades.

I'd say Judd, the snooker player, is organising a deed poll name change.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,573 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

Ah well, the Georgian objection may have had a legal point, i havent really heard any points to these other objections, but its a democracy, they should be allowed

• Registered Users Posts: 8,573 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

And after one objection sentence of the debate time, the senate goes to vote

• Advertisement

And after one objection sentence of the debate time, the senate goes to vote

I'm watching the House and they're still debating.
    Be interesting to know how many Reps are still around to vote.

Georgia Representative must have been in the toilet all day and doesn't know what was going on.

She's defending Trump for having been attacked by Democrats and Fake News for the last 4 years.

She also seems to think that affidavits rejected by courts should be accepted as factual evidence by the representatives in the house.

Edit. She's the one who believes in the QAnon conspiracy theories. Enough said.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭dwayneshintzy

Georgia Representative must have been in the toilet all day and doesn't know what was going on.

She's defending Trump for having been attacked by Democrats and Fake News for the last 4 years.

She also seems to think that affidavits rejected by courts should be accepted as factual evidence by the representatives in the house.

Edit. She's the one who believes in the QAnon conspiracy theories. Enough said.
    Also the one who, when questioned about whether her election should also be thrown out as it was on the same Georgia ballot that she's disputing, said "we're just talking about the Presidential election here"

• Registered Users Posts: 19,818 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

I think there may be more than one defining moment for any republican congress person.

The first will come when voting whether to accept the votes.

the second may be if there is a straight up down on an impeachment.

I said it earlier but it is time for those to either wash off the smell of trump or lock in with him and his base.

On a side note, how anyone, regular joe or politician, can say that the call to Georgia (remember that?) or what happened yesterday was a surprise, is beyond ridiculous.

The writing has been on the wall for 5 or so years no.

One thing is clear - Trump will not stop - he has to be stopped.

He didn't learn after his mocking a disabled reporter, he didn't show any real remorse for the grab them by the pussy tapes, he never apologised for all the hateful poison he injected into americans' everyday lives, he didn't learn after Mueller, he didn't learn after the Ukraine call, he didn't learn after the impeachment.

He was enabled by yes men and spineless Republicans and it all lead us to where we are now.

He has to be stopped, be it via invoking the 25th, impeachment or being forced to resign. He cannot be allowed to wreak havoc for another 2 weeks. Not only will those 2 weeks be time that should not be given to him, but the legacy of allowing all of this stand will have much longer lasting ramifications for America.

What we witnessed yesterday was historic, and not in a good way. It was a shameful display of how vulgar America can be.

He has to be removed as soon as possible.

There is also another issue. There were neo-nazis with confederate flags, automatic weapons and explosives in the Capitol building. And so many of them were simply allowed to walk out of there. There were police taking photographs with them. A *full* investigation needs to be conducted into how that happened. No stone left unturned. Every one of them charged and made an example out of.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,579 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

The dems have 4 years to do something for that country, or they're in serious trouble!

• Advertisement

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

everlast75 wrote: »
    There were police taking photographs with them. A *full* investigation needs to be conducted into how that happened. No stone left unturned. Every one of them charged and made an example out of.

I wouldn't be overly critical of those officers. Mass of of people surrounding you, they shouldn't be there but your options are basically start shooting or carry on chatting with them and let them take pictures.

The clip I saw of selfies being taken had a few protesters dancing around inside, but the sole officer was mostly managing to stop more charging in was by him speaking with the guys stood in the doorway and those guys just standing there resulting in more not coming in.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,249 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Matt Gaetz is standing there and literally blaming Antifa for what happened last night.

This will be the new line spouted by Trumps supporters.

Sonics2k wrote: »
    Matt Gaetz is standing there and literally blaming Antifa for what happened last night.

This will be the new line spouted by Trumps supporters.

Trump organised this rally.

He and others incited violence at the rally.

He saw what then happened.

Afterwards, he said he loved them.

He then tweeted that this was what you get when you steal an election.

Is trump pro-anti-facist now?

Pence just accepted the final 3 votes to bring Biden's total to over 270.

Biden is the next president.

It is all over.

• everlast75 wrote: »

It is all over.

3.5 hours to go until Trump gets his twitter back.

*Gets popcorn*

• Registered Users Posts: 18,174 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

3.5 hours to go until Trump gets his twitter back.

*Gets popcorn*

I thought it was a 24 hour ban?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭Hodors Appletart

12hr

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭paw patrol

Trump organised this rally.
    He and others incited violence at the rally.
    He saw what then happened.
    Afterwards, he said he loved them.
    He then tweetd that this was what you get when you steal an election.
    Is trump pro-anti-facist now?

this has only a little to do with trump. Trump is the lightening rod for the disaffection within large swathes of America. This has been building for years long before trump appeared on the political scene.

In recent months large sections of America have had to suffer months of BLM and Antifa wrecking the place with little blowback from authorities or the police while politicians and the media lecture them on their perceived faults.

Throw in the fact that many livelyhoods are damaged beyond repair due to covid - which has caused massive anger - no PUP for them - they got 600USD while the same bill will send billions to Israel and (this is beautiful) 10million for pakistani gender studies and the rest...fcuk
    some sh1te in the bill about women in the Afghani army ....:rolleyes::rolleyes:
    anyway you get the point...

Contrast the upset in the media yesterday with the overt support and understanding for BLM and Antifa no wonder they hate the media and rightly so.

BLM burned the place and looted and robbed for their own gain. Yesterday was a proper protest.

The media and most politicals are outraged and afraid now cos the cheque is being cashed. it was a long time coming and it was glorious.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,738 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

VinLieger wrote: »
    I thought it was a 24 hour ban?

24 hour Facebook ban, 12 hour Twitter ban.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

It is all over.

It's not over until Trump states that he lost and Biden is the next president. He has to diffuse the nutcases that he created.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,174 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

robinph wrote: »
    It's not over until Trump states that he lost and Biden is the next president. He has to diffuse the nutcases that he created.

Even if he was capable of doing this it wouldn't diffuse his base, they would claim hes being pressured blackmailed etc just like they do whenever something doesn't go according to their plan they create a new narrative to fit it into their conspiracy theories, this idiocy he has fueled will not be fixed for a long time unfortunately

It's over. In all likelihood, Trump will be either impeached or removed under Article 25 in the coming days. If neither of these things happen, he can do whatever he wants, come noon on January 20th, Biden is President.

Tony EH wrote: »
    Your parody account is one of the funniest on the forum.

You're like the Boards.ie version of 'The Onion'.

Oddly enough, I feel like I am the only sane one and feel a lot of posters here fall for the smoke and mirrors of the media. They are comparing the police approach to yesterday versus the BLM riots and saying it's white privilege. At face value you would think it's double standards, sure.

What they don't tell you is the reason the police were seemingly heavy handed with BLM is because of several nights of riots and looting by so-called BLM activists.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,173 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Is anyone keeping an eye on the @POTUS account in case Trump tries to use it to start back up again?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭Lillyfae

Nah it's over. I remember hearing once that the reason he hasn't been kicked off social media platforms is that it was a step too far to censor the US president. I hope they come good and kick him off all platforms once Biden gets in. Without his mentally challenged audience he'll probably melt.

paw patrol wrote: »
    this has only a little to do with trump. Trump is the lightening rod for the disaffection within large swathes of America. This has been building for years long before trump appeared on the political scene.

In recent months large sections of America have had to suffer months of BLM and Antifa wrecking the place with little blowback from authorities or the police while politicians and the media lecture them on their perceived faults.

Throw in the fact that many livelyhoods are damaged beyond repair due to covid - which has caused massive anger - no PUP for them - they got 600USD while the same bill will send billions to Israel and (this is beautiful) 10million for pakistani gender studies and the rest...fcuk
    some sh1te in the bill about women in the Afghani army ....:rolleyes::rolleyes:
    anyway you get the point...

Contrast the upset in the media yesterday with the overt support and understanding for BLM and Antifa no wonder they hate the media and rightly so.

BLM burned the place and looted and robbed for their own gain. Yesterday was a proper protest.

The media and most politicals are outraged and afraid now cos the cheque is being cashed. it was a long time coming and it was glorious.

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/1346944683813990400?s=19

Personally, for the last 4 years, I've been okay with engaging with Trump supporters who have argued (some more than others) in good faith. There was less of them as time went by.

Now however, after today, any remaining trump supporters can **** right off as far as I'm concerned. I'm done with them.

**** them and **** trump.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,375 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

Trump just said there will be an orderly transfer of power. Ironic.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement