Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump v Biden 2020,The insurrection (pt 6) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,483 ✭✭✭weisses

Oddly enough, I feel like I am the only sane one and feel a lot of posters here fall for the smoke and mirrors of the media. They are comparing the police approach to yesterday versus the BLM riots and saying it's white privilege. At face value you would think it's double standards, sure.

What they don't tell you is the reason the police were seemingly heavy handed with BLM is because of several nights of riots and looting by so-called BLM activists.

Ahhh the media again ...

How much rioting and looting was going on when they teargassed the protesters for Trumps photo op ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭metaoblivia

Trump just released a statement saying there will be an orderly transition of power on Jan 20th. He didn't concede, but committed to a peaceful transfer at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,005 ✭✭✭✭titan18

flazio wrote: »
    Is anyone keeping an eye on the @POTUS account in case Trump tries to use it to start back up again?

I think that's banned too

• Registered Users Posts: 23,776 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Lillyfae wrote: »
    Nah it's over. I remember hearing once that the reason he hasn't been kicked off social media platforms is that it was a step too far to censor the US president. I hope they come good and kick him off all platforms once Biden gets in. Without his mentally challenged audience he'll probably melt.

Theres the right wing deranged twitter. Parlry or something. He can go scream about his rubbish there away from any relevancy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭FileNotFound

Some fun - he is a crackpot followed by imbeciles.

Feel sorry for anyone who actually tries to justify him. Even fox have given up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭Lillyfae

Trump just said there will be an orderly transfer of power. Ironic.
    Trump just released a statement saying there will be an orderly transition of power on Jan 20th. He didn't concede, but committed to a peaceful transfer at least.

That's definitely conceding for Trump.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

As someone said above, his support will just believe he's been forced into this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭paw patrol

Nah it's over. I remember hearing once that the reason he hasn't been kicked off social media platforms is that it was a step too far to censor the US president. I hope they come good and kick him off all platforms once Biden gets in. Without his mentally challenged audience he'll probably melt.

how do you know his audience is mentally challenged?
    he has millions of followers and supporters. you know them all?

or you just label anybody whose view you don't like as something lesser than you? well done you.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

I see people are still blaming BLM for things. It’s never their own responsibility just as it was never Trumps. It’s always someone else.

Oddly enough, I feel like I am the only sane one and feel a lot of posters here fall for the smoke and mirrors of the media. They are comparing the police approach to yesterday versus the BLM riots and saying it's white privilege. At face value you would think it's double standards, sure.

What they don't tell you is the reason the police were seemingly heavy handed with BLM is because of several nights of riots and looting by so-called BLM activists.

Eh the police were beating completely peaceful posters during those protests. They tear gassed a church so Trump could get a photo ops. Yesterday a federal building was stormed, that's the reality. That's incredibly serious. There were multiple bombs found, also incredibly serious. Yesterday was an act of terrorism and it was not a protest.

Also pretty telling that the VP had to call in the National Guard cause the tyrant in chief incited the violence and terrorism. It's telling when people with a very particular set of political views that attempt to downplay it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Well the election has been over for months now, what isn't yet over is Trumps gang of crazies, and he can still do something to turn them down from eleven, but he's continuing to incite them further.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,515 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

paw patrol wrote: »
    this has only a little to do with trump. Trump is the lightening rod for the disaffection within large swathes of America. This has been building for years long before trump appeared on the political scene.

In recent months large sections of America have had to suffer months of BLM and Antifa wrecking the place with little blowback from authorities or the police while politicians and the media lecture them on their perceived faults.

Throw in the fact that many livelyhoods are damaged beyond repair due to covid - which has caused massive anger - no PUP for them - they got 600USD while the same bill will send billions to Israel and (this is beautiful) 10million for pakistani gender studies and the rest...fcuk
    some sh1te in the bill about women in the Afghani army ....:rolleyes::rolleyes:
    anyway you get the point...

Contrast the upset in the media yesterday with the overt support and understanding for BLM and Antifa no wonder they hate the media and rightly so.

BLM burned the place and looted and robbed for their own gain. Yesterday was a proper protest.

The media and most politicals are outraged and afraid now cos the cheque is being cashed. it was a long time coming and it was glorious.

Disaffection is no excuse for looting parliament in a stable working democracy like the US

Little blowback from police on BLM. They caused BLM the whole reason it exists is because of police action

Trump was the man who denied them PUP like other countries got. Not Pakistani women

Yesterday was a riot and there is loads of evidence of looting, destruction of property and assault

But Biden just got sworn in and even Pense and Twitter have turned backs on Trump. All his checks have been cashed, it was a long time coming and it was glorious

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭Fakediamond

Would love to hear from George and Barack.

Obama has a statement on Facebook

or you just label anybody whose view you don't like as something lesser than you? well done you.:rolleyes:

There were videos last night of people acting surprised that they were maced when they stormed a US government building, in many cases carrying weapons. These are the people he is appealing to on social media.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭paw patrol

everlast75 wrote: »

I like trump supporter to a large degree, in as much as one can be when talking sh1te over coffee an ocean away.

Imagine my devastation :pac:

• Subscribers Posts: 41,656 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Anyone who extols what happened yesterday has serious issues.
    It was an armed act of terrorism which ended in the death of one of the insurrectionists.

You called it "glorious" didn't you??

You are very much part of the problem

• Registered Users Posts: 14,375 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

Many of the mob who invaded Capitol Hill last night would have mental health difficulties. There would be no other explanation for their beliefs and behaviour.

robinph wrote: »
    Well the election has been over for months now, what isn't yet over is Trumps gang of crazies, and he can still do something to turn them down from eleven, but he's continuing to incite them further.

Honestly I think if the Trump presidency highlighted anything it is that America is a f*cked up place, we should ignore their behaviour, and that access to education for all is of utmost importance.

I like trump supporter to a large degree, in as much as one can be when talking sh1te over coffee an ocean away.

Imagine my devastation :pac:

What do you think of the ones who stormed a federal building? How about the President who incited it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭dwayneshintzy

Anyone calling what happened yesterday to be "glorious" is either mentally ill or a vicious right wing extremist.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,818 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/1347104239781294082?s=20

Shameless, spineless ****ing coward.

The fact is he is one of the biggest losers in American politics. He lost the popular vote *twice*, lost the house, lost the senate, lost the white house, got impeached in his first term and despite him and his cronies losing 61 court cases, he hasn't got the good grace to think, even for one moment, that perhaps, perhaps he might be to blame.

I can see where his supporters get it from.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,998 ✭✭✭conorhal

Because he lacks a sense of irony as he shrieks 'get out of my echo chamber and and go to your own echo chamber!'
    Yeah, because driving all dissenting voices away and entrenching citizens into two bitterly devided camps is bound to work out well...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

everlast75 wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/1347104239781294082?s=20

Shameless, spineless ****ing coward.

The fact is he is one of the biggest losers in American politics. He lost the popular vote *twice*, lost the house, lost the senate, lost the white house, got impeached in his first term and despite him and his cronies losing 61 court cases, he hasn't got the good grace to think, even for one moment, that perhaps, perhaps he might be to blame.

I can see where his supporters get it from.

That is still not an acceptable statement from an outgoing president. If he just said "there will be a peaceful transfer" it would be the bare minimum.

But even after the Capitol was attacked and his previous statements yesterday were deleted by social media, today he still is inciting his supporters more by continuing to claim election fraud.

Pence needs to remove Trump and state the election was fair and Trump lost, and has been sent to an asylum or something for bonus points.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭MontgomeryClift

sydthebeat wrote: »
    Anyone who extols what happened yesterday has serious issues.
    It was an armed act of terrorism which ended in the death of one of the insurrectionists.

You called it "glorious" didn't you??

You are very much part of the problem

Precious people losing it because the engine of endless wars for Israel was defiled. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,483 ✭✭✭weisses

4 deaths and dozens wounded

POTUS must be proud

Pence needs to remove Trump and state the election was fair and Trump lost, and has been sent to an asylum or something for bonus points.

I'm between two minds about it really. Maybe it would be best to put him through the public humiliation of handing over to Biden than martyring him in the eyes of his supporters. At least he couldn't cry foul play if he himself is passing the torch.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭quokula

There were videos last night of people acting surprised that they were maced when they stormed a US government building, in many cases carrying weapons. These are the people he is appealing to on social media.

It is pretty surprising they were maced in fairness. Had they been BLM protesters they'd have been shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,579 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

weisses wrote: »
    4 deaths and dozens wounded

POTUS must be proud

damn right he is, hes loving it, like a typical narcissist

• Registered Users Posts: 3,480 ✭✭✭francois

Social media companies need to take some of the blame, thier monetizing of Q and other far right conspiracy bullsh!t has contributed to this

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,818 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

That is still not an acceptable statement from an outgoing president. If he just said "there will be a peaceful transfer" it would be the bare minimum.

But even after the Capitol was attacked and his previous statements yesterday were deleted by social media, today he still is inciting his supporters more by continuing to claim election fraud.

I think the statement was to stave off the 25th.

But all he does is lie. Why believe even this mealy mouthed statement?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement