Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump v Biden 2020,The insurrection (pt 6) Read OP

Options

Comments

francois wrote: »
    Social media companies need to take some of the blame, thier monetizing of Q and other far right conspiracy bullsh!t has contributed to this

And to go a step further, his Twitter should have been suspended long a go tbh. That's his primary propaganda machine, without it he's far weaker.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,818 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Lillyfae wrote: »
    I'm between two minds about it really. Maybe it would be best to put him through the public humiliation of handing over to Biden than martyring him in the eyes of his supporters. At least he couldn't cry foul play if he himself is passing the torch.

Have we not learned to ignore his supporters and what they might do?

Show them some ramifications for crossing the line instead of politely holding the door for them or taking ****ing selfies?

**** them. Do what is right.

They did what they did in Michigan and nothing happened. That's why they did what they did in Washington.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

everlast75 wrote: »
    I think the statement was to stave off the 25th.

But all he does is lie. Why believe even this mealy mouthed statement?

The continuing claims of fraud and refusing to accept the result should surely be additional weight behind enacting the 25th?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

Why did it take the police so long to show up to Capitol Hill today?

Because they had to go home and change first.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,860 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

And to go a step further, his Twitter should have been suspended long a go tbh. That's his primary propaganda machine, without it he's far weaker.

His entire campaign was created on Twitter. His social media team started in 2015 by posting "issues" such as "build a wall" and if they got traction (threshold was over 100 retweets) they put it in the maybe pile.

Thats how is started and thats how policy was formed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,820 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

Trump is the biggest fcukin gob****e that ever drew a breath and an absolute coward behind it.
    I’d imagine hel be remembered as one of the most hated people in history.
    He’s a horrible excuse for a human being

• Registered Users Posts: 34,012 ✭✭✭✭listermint

So took a screen grab of what is clearly a semi-automatic weapon in the style of an MP5 or similar. This shot is from around the 5.55 mark in the ITV report from inside the capital building last night.

The camera is outside the chamber where the female rioter was shot and killed. These guns are on the outside of the chamber so it appears the cops inside **** out for obvious reasons. The guy pictured appear also the carrying some brown hold all on his back.

And there is republican scum claiming this was BLM or antifa. This is the MO of the proud buys . Terrorists .

https://mobile.twitter.com/itvnews/status/1346952339886923786
    https://twitter.com/itvnews/status/1346952339886923786

• Registered Users Posts: 6,581 ✭✭✭jaykay74

paw patrol wrote: »
    Yesterday was a proper protest.

It was NOT a protest. It was an attempt to subvert democracy.

Any evidence of election fraud should be presented in front of largely republican appointed judges and dealt with.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,818 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

robinph wrote: »
    The continuing claims of fraud and refusing to accept the result should surely be additional weight behind enacting the 25th?

Agreed, but that statement is the best he could muster. It is not enough, but that's all he would sign off on.

He *cannot* accept blame.

It is a fundamental mental problem. One of many he has.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/1347104239781294082?s=20

Shameless, spineless ****ing coward.

The fact is he is one of the biggest losers in American politics. He lost the popular vote *twice*, lost the house, lost the senate, lost the white house, got impeached in his first term and despite him and his cronies losing 61 court cases, he hasn't got the good grace to think, even for one moment, that perhaps, perhaps he might be to blame.

I can see where his supporters get it from.

So making America being great looks like a load of red necks storming government buildings.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭Lillyfae

Have we not learned to ignore his supporters and what they might do?

Show them some ramifications for crossing the line instead of politely holding the door for them or taking ****ing selfies?

**** them. Do what is right.

They did what they did in Michigan and nothing happened. That's why they did what they did in Washington.

Honestly, what do I care? He's not the president of the country I live in. The actions over there affect me not one iota. America is eating itself and not before time. Look after the less fortunate. Give all children equal opportunities in life and education. Pay adequate taxes. There's a lesson to be learned here. Stop giving them air time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭paw patrol

What do you think of the ones who stormed a federal building? How about the President who incited it?

I described it as glorious in my original post
    Good on them. My support means little being half a world away but fair play to them.

quokula wrote: »
    It is pretty surprising they were maced in fairness. Had they been BLM protesters they'd have been shot.

for an example of black people doing similar in late 60s black panthers took over California state legislator armed too. nobody shot.
    not sure this type of thing happens often so maybe that's the nearest example...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,005 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Eh the police were beating completely peaceful posters during those protests. They tear gassed a church so Trump could get a photo ops. Yesterday a federal building was stormed, that's the reality. That's incredibly serious. There were multiple bombs found, also incredibly serious. Yesterday was an act of terrorism and it was not a protest.

Also pretty telling that the VP had to call in the National Guard cause the tyrant in chief incited the violence and terrorism. It's telling when people with a very particular set of political views that attempt to downplay it.

Federal buildings were attacked during BLM protests so were they acts of terrorism too? What they did yesterday was wrong, but people not being consistent in what they call wrong is part of the larger issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,331 ✭✭✭Cody montana

Has he conceded?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,820 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

Has he conceded?

He’s hidden away in a bunker the coward.

robinph wrote: »
    Well the election has been over for months now, what isn't yet over is Trumps gang of crazies, and he can still do something to turn them down from eleven, but he's continuing to incite them further.

How long did the democrats complain about election fraud 4 years ago? It must have gone on for 2 years at least and continued to incite their crowd. Seems like Trump should get the same punishment, which was nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,375 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

He’s hidden away in a bunker the coward.

Did he bring a gun?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Sparko

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    damn right he is, hes loving it, like a typical narcissist

"They love me, the greatest president! Biden supporters didn't storm the Capitol, clearly everyone voted for me!"

• Registered Users Posts: 18,174 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Has he conceded?

He committed to an orderly transfer of power but says he still disagrees with the result so i would say he hasn't conceded.

Also don't ignore the irony of talking about an orderly transfer of power after yesterdays shenanigans.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,174 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

titan18 wrote: »
    How long did the democrats complain about election fraud 4 years ago? It must have gone on for 2 years at least and continued to incite their crowd. Seems like Trump should get the same punishment, which was nothing.

Firstly they weren't complaining about fraud they were complaining about interference they are two wildly different things.

Secondly, there was election interference, trumps own government confirmed this multiple times.

Thirdly, 61 judges many of them trump appointees say there was no election fraud.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 41,656 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

paw patrol wrote: »
    I described it as glorious in my original post
    Good on them. My support means little being half a world away but fair play to them.

You have just shown your support to neo nazis, racists and terrorists.

I'll leave that to sink in with you.....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,263 ✭✭✭yagan

If they had succeeded in entering the chamber sooner there would have taken hostages and we'd be watching a siege right now. I reckon that was the plan, a simple coup.

The Democrats didn't claim there was election fraud. They did claim election interference, that was verified by multiple intelligence agencies. Trump did claim fraud in 2016 as well btw, he even opened an investigation into it which found no proof of it.

VinLieger wrote: »
    Firstly they weren't complaining about fraud they were complaining about interference they are two wildly different things.

Secondly, there was election interference, trumps own government confirmed this multiple times.

Thirdly, 61 judges many of them trump appointees say there was no election fraud.

Same thing in complaining about unfair elections. Just outside looking in, US election seems ridiculously unfair and caused by both Republicans with the voter disenfranchisement and by Democrats with them being against voter id laws. If people feel like their vote is worthless, not really a surprise when they take to alternative means of making their point.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,012 ✭✭✭✭listermint

yagan wrote: »
    If they had succeeded in entering the chamber sooner there would have taken hostages and we'd be watching a siege right now. I reckon that was the plan, a simple coup.

Definitely.

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭gutenberg

Lillyfae wrote: »
    Honestly, what do I care? He's not the president of the country I live in. The actions over there affect me not one iota. America is eating itself and not before time. Look after the less fortunate. Give all children equal opportunities in life and education. Pay adequate taxes. There's a lesson to be learned here. Stop giving them air time.

The issue is it does affect us though. Maybe not directly, but there are plenty of unscrupulous leaders taking a leaf out of the Trump playbook. Likewise the emboldening of conspiracy theorists and far-right groups: it's not all attributable to Trump, but there's no doubt he and his 'movement' have had an impact in their rhetoric and (god forbid) their tactics.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭Lillyfae

gutenberg wrote: »
    The issue is it does affect us though. Maybe not directly, but there are plenty of unscrupulous leaders taking a leaf out of the Trump playbook. Likewise the emboldening of conspiracy theorists and far-right groups: it's not all attributable to Trump, but there's no doubt he and his 'movement' have had an impact in their rhetoric and (god forbid) their tactics.

So flush him down the toilet in the next couple of weeks and let him circle the drain. Learn from it and move on. And educate all of your citizens, not just those with the money to pay for it.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

They were not complaining about election fraud in 2016.

They were complaining about foreign interference in the election process, not that the vote count was rigged.

Same thing in complaining about unfair elections. Just outside looking in, US election seems ridiculously unfair and caused by both Republicans with the voter disenfranchisement and by Democrats with them being against voter id laws. If people feel like their vote is worthless, not really a surprise when they take to alternative means of making their point.

Trump is claiming electoral fraud, he has not proven it. Election interference is a categorical fact so not remotely similar.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,429 ✭✭✭MrMusician18

Oddly enough, I feel like I am the only sane one and feel a lot of posters here fall for the smoke and mirrors of the media. They are comparing the police approach to yesterday versus the BLM riots and saying it's white privilege. At face value you would think it's double standards, sure.

What they don't tell you is the reason the police were seemingly heavy handed with BLM is because of several nights of riots and looting by so-called BLM activists.

Forget about BLM, during the Bush era, the capitol police beat back a group of veterans that attempted to scale the steps.

For want of a better phrase, it appears that the police stood back and stood by.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement