Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump v Biden 2020,The insurrection (pt 6) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

titan18 wrote: »
    Federal buildings were attacked during BLM protests so were they acts of terrorism too? What they did yesterday was wrong, but people not being consistent in what they call wrong is part of the larger issue.

Exactly and those people are the police.

ErFGsnEXAAEAkJ5.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 15,688 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

I’m amazed the mob was just allowed to walk out of the capitol freely

It’s like the keystone cops “ah yer grand no harm done wha?”

This is the Capitol building in Washington DC we are talking about.

Not some parish hall in a town land in rural Ireland

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Samsonsmasher

It's clear now that regardless what you believe Biden will not be recognized by near 50% of the country no matter how hard he tries to "heal." Trump supporters and the majority of conservatives are done with not just him but with Pence and McConnell and the GOP and RINOs. Trump may or may not run in 2024 - knowing Trump he will try to get on the GOP ticket or set up his own MAGA party.

Also Biden and Harris are similarly loathed by AOC and her supports and also antifa and BLM. BLM is an ethnocentric tribal separatist movement of blacks who are done with white liberals as well as white conservatives.

We may see sooner rather than the extinction of the two party system and the emergence of two loud populist diametrically ideologically opposed parties of the left and right which the hyperwealthy who own the career politicians and the levers of power will not be able to control.

Trump has the support of the majority of serving military personnel law enforcement officers veterans gun owners small business owners farmers and rural Americans in states with oil gas coal manufacturing and food producing farmland.

If there were a "civil war" it would be over rather quick.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

I see a bunch of scumbags rioting have given Trumps supporters a little jolt in the arm and they’ve crawled out for a little bit. Odd the things they support.

• yagan wrote: »
    If they had succeeded in entering the chamber sooner there would have taken hostages and we'd be watching a siege right now. I reckon that was the plan, a simple coup.

Yeah there is images of lads with cable ties.

Add IEDs and everything else, that seems to be close enough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,599 ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

For Secretary of Defense General James Mathis condemning Trump for inciting this violence.

General Mathis was Trumps first secretary of defense.

An American I know who served with in the Marines with Mathis had the highest respect for Mathis and assured me that if trump goes full crazy Mathis would sit on him.

Pity he is not currently in office in a position where he could sit on trump.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Samsonsmasher

I’m amazed the mob was just allowed to walk out of the capitol freely

It’s like the keystone cops “ah yer grand no harm done wha?”

This is the Capitol building in Washington DC we are talking about.

Not some parish hall in a town land in rural Ireland

It's not amazing at all.
    Some cops did their duty and one zealous cop shot a woman protestor dead - she was a 14 year Air Force veteran. I saw the video. She was a little woman with a backpack climbing through a broken window in a door at the top of a landing. There's a bang and she fell back wounded with blood pouring out of her airways after a bullet hit in her chest or neck.
    Contrast that with others who opened the barriers laughed and joked with MAGA protesters and posed for selfies.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

robinph wrote: »
    They were not complaining about election fraud in 2016.

They were complaining about foreign interference in the election process, not that the vote count was rigged.

I tried googling 'Obama Rally, 6th January 2017' just to make sure that the former president was just as bad as Trump and that he told his supporters to march to Capitol Hill and make their feelings known. Turns out he just threw a leaving party instead which is worse. What a quitter...

It's clear now that regardless what you believe Biden will not be recognized by near 50% of the country no matter how hard he tries to "heal." Trump supporters and the majority of conservatives are done with not just him but with Pence and McConnell and the GOP and RINOs. Trump may or may not run in 2024 - knowing Trump he will try to get on the GOP ticket or set up his own MAGA party.

Also Biden and Harris are similarly loathed by AOC and her supports and also antifa and BLM. BLM is an ethnocentric tribal separatist movement of blacks who are done with white liberals as well as white conservatives.

We may see sooner rather than the extinction of the two party system and the emergence of two loud populist diametrically ideologically opposed parties of the left and right which the hyperwealthy who own the career politicians and the levers of power will not be able to control.

Trump has the support of the majority of serving military personnel law enforcement officers veterans gun owners small business owners farmers and rural Americans in states with oil gas coal manufacturing and food producing farmland.

Firstly, Trump does not have the support of the military. Secondly, it's a leap to claim he even has the support of even 50% of those who voted. There's people who simply always vote Republican and the party cutting ties with Trump amounts to them cutting ties with him. So he has a fraction of that vote ultimately.

The rest of your stuff AOC and BLM amount to crap you'd read on The Donald back in the day tbh. This is the death knell for Trump's aspirations of becoming president again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,483 ✭✭✭weisses

You should stick spreading your covid nonsense

• Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭joe40

How long did the democrats complain about election fraud 4 years ago? It must have gone on for 2 years at least and continued to incite their crowd. Seems like Trump should get the same punishment, which was nothing.

There were no complaints about electoral fraud by the democrats after Trumps election. None whatsoever.
    Well founded allegations of electoral interference by other countries is not the same thing or even close.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭bocaman

What happened yesterday was an attempted coup. It didn't happen overnight, it didn't happen over the last four years of the Trump presidency. American democracy came close to tottering. Had Trump succeeded it would have given the green light to every far right movement in Europe, including Ireland to take the law into their own hands. Thankfully it failed. How Trump can remain in power for two more weeks astounds me.

Someone wrote on Twitter that yesterday America lost its innocence. For people of African descent brought to the new world on slave ships America was never innocent.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,263 ✭✭✭yagan

Yeah there is images of lads with cable ties.

Add IEDs and everything else, that seems to be close enough.
    As someone else pointed out for an attempted coup it was amazing to see them being let leave so easily. I think it's pretty obvious that the majority of law enforcement tacitly support the Trumpers.

It will be interesting to see if try to take over a few state capitals with less stringent gun laws than DC. If that transpires then it really is civil war.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

It would.. Biden now controls the military. Any uprising would be quickly snuffed out. F16s >>> rednecks with guns

• Registered Users Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭valoren

How long did the democrats complain about election fraud 4 years ago? It must have gone on for 2 years at least and continued to incite their crowd. Seems like Trump should get the same punishment, which was nothing.

I seem to recall Clinton conceding on election night, what I don't recall is two months of baseless conspiracy theories being simultaneously touted and debunked.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

bocaman wrote: »
    Someone wrote on Twitter that yesterday America lost its innocence.

Oh ffs, what type of gombeen wrote something like that?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

Do you know what amazes me. I used to work in Los Alamos, a government lab famous for building the atomic bomb. There was an incident a few years back where some protestors climbed the fence and ran towards an administration building. They encountered two armed security guards who chased and eventually caught them. Those guards were fired for not shooting these protestors on site. It was felt that Los Alamos was shown to be a extremely weak security and therefore, an attractive target for America's enemies.

These cops have done exactly that. To them and most of the American public the worst thing they have done is shown bias towards the red neck side of America. In reality they've demonstrated that if you dress and look a certain way then access to government buildings would be relatively straightforward. America's many enemies are looking at this and laughing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭joe40

No, the majority of Americans will be sickened by the current president. He is now a busted flush as a republican politician. In a way yesterday washed away whatever presidential standing he had remaining.
    Bar a few 1000 degenerates Trump has no political support after yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,012 ✭✭✭✭listermint

It's not amazing at all.
    Some cops did their duty and one zealous cop shot a woman protestor dead - she was a 14 year Air Force veteran. I saw the video. She was a little woman with a backpack climbing through a broken window in a door at the top of a landing. There's a bang and she fell back wounded with blood pouring out of her airways after a bullet hit in her chest or neck.
    Contrast that with others who opened the barriers laughed and joked with MAGA protesters and posed for selfies.

Intriguing take,

May i point you in this direction. Where this woman was accompanied by an armed man (not a cop) and who knows how many others , was she also armed ? we wont know the weapon would have been quickly shuffled away.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=115835156&postcount=3281

This chamber was under attack by armed individuals who if they gained entry with the chamber full who knows what they would have done. Hostage situation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭iebamm2580

steddyeddy wrote: »
    Do you know what amazes me. I used to work in Los Alamos, a government lab famous for building the atomic bomb. There was an incident a few years back where some protestors climbed the fence and ran towards an administration building. They encountered two armed security guards who chased and eventually caught them. Those guards were fired for not shooting these protestors on site. It was felt that Los Alamos was shown to be a extremely weak security and therefore, an attractive target for America's enemies.

These cops have done exactly that. To them and most of the American public the worst thing they have done is shown bias towards the red neck side of America. In reality they've demonstrated that if you dress and look a certain way then access to government buildings would be relatively straightforward. America's many enemies are looking at this and laughing.

They shot and killed a maga supporter so that theory does not add up.

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭gutenberg

Lillyfae wrote: »
    So flush him down the toilet in the next couple of weeks and let him circle the drain. Learn from it and move on. And educate all of your citizens, not just those with the money to pay for it.

Agreed. Though I think that may be easier said than done.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,647 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

Let's drop the "protestors" nonsense.

These people stormed the US Capitol in an attempt to overturn a legitimate election. They are terrorists.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,819 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Let's drop the "protestors" nonsense.

These people stormed the US Capitol in an attempt to overturn a legitimate election. They are terrorists.

They brought guns and I.E.D.s.

BLM brought tins of beans

• Registered Users Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭stoneill

It's not amazing at all.

Quite ironic that someone who spent 14 years spreading their form of democracy on countries who didn't want it got killed in their capital right at the hub their democracy while trying to overthrow their democracy.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,688 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

This was a kite flying experiment by trump

He wanted to see what happened and I fully believe he would’ve stirred it up and basically proclaimed an insurrection/takeover had it gone “his way” with even greater numbers of rioters

That was the FBI who started that :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

listermint wrote: »
    This chamber was under attack by armed individuals who if they gained entry with the chamber full who knows what they would have done. Hostage situation.
    Whining that a terrorist got shot because she was about to breach the inner section of the seat of US democracy. It's kind of incredible. If these protestors had been black, the same people would be going crazy that police didn't open fire on the steps outside.

It's like this video, which still has me chuckling today. Poor Elizabeth assumed that "Storm the Capitol" was a political statement rather than an act of terrorism.

https://twitter.com/alex_abads/status/1347032105746796545?s=20

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭DeanAustin

Firstly, Trump does not have the support of the military. Secondly, it's a leap to claim he even has the support of even 50% of those who voted. There's people who simply always vote Republican and the party cutting ties with Trump amounts to them cutting ties with him. So he has a fraction of that vote ultimately.

The rest of your stuff AOC and BLM amount to crap you'd read on The Donald back in the day tbh. This is the death knell for Trump's aspirations of becoming president again.

The post you quoted is a load of hysterical nonsense but the one thing that the poster has right is that Biden won't be recognised by a large percentage of the population. There was a poll in Nov/Dec that showed 74% of Republicans believed there was a "large amount" of voter fraud in the election.

That will make Biden's job very, very difficult. I never cease to be amazed how so many people will believe what someone like Trump says despite an absolute absence of facts to support his claim. People see and believe what it suits them to believe and for a sizable percentage of Republicans, it suits them to believe that Biden didn't really win the election.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭SexBobomb

bocaman wrote: »
    What happened yesterday was an attempted coup. It didn't happen overnight, it didn't happen over the last four years of the Trump presidency. American democracy came close to tottering. Had Trump succeeded it would have given the green light to every far right movement in Europe, including Ireland to take the law into their own hands. Thankfully it failed. How Trump can remain in power for two more weeks astounds me.

Someone wrote on Twitter that yesterday America lost its innocence. For people of African descent brought to the new world on slave ships America was never innocent.

This is the most hysterical take I've seen so far. And I dont mean hysterical as in funny.
    Also dont forget the native Americans.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement