Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump v Biden 2020,The insurrection (pt 6) Read OP

Options

Comments

• mcsean2163 wrote: »
    Does nobody else think that apart from the execution of the woman by government forces, this is a storm in a teacup.

Nothing happened. Politicians hid like the cowards they are. Both parties are responsible for destroying the us which for over 20 years has the highest incarceration rate per capita in the world.

If i was poor in the US, I think I'd be really pissed off with no good choice and a crazy electoral system that uses voting machines deemed unsuitable in 2019.

Some do, but they are unstable crackpots aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,175 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

One of the protesters was shot dead, shot in the chest.

So the police did react.
    Extremely slowly, there were insufficient numbers given the likelihood something like this would happen.

I am going to presume you have seen the video? Given what was going on was it justified in your opinion?

• Registered Users Posts: 34,012 ✭✭✭✭listermint

A lot of selfies taken by those Nazi gunmen.

Do Nazis not take selfies ?

You seem to think being a nazi agitator precludes you from being really really stupid .

• Registered Users Posts: 40,470 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

listermint wrote: »
    Do Nazis not take selfies ?

You seem to think being a nazi agitator precludes you from being really really stupid .

i would have thought that was an essential component.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,489 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

duploelabs wrote: »
    Because she was illegally armed and failed to comply to the instructions given to her by a officer of the law

Well you must have been there As you know what happened.

But anyway, my point is that people banging on about it would be different if it was a BLM protest.

One of the protesters got killed yesterday, so it wasn't as if the police didn't take action. 3 others died in medical emergencies, whatever that means.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭joe40

conorhal wrote: »
    Only a clown thinks this.

You don't get to spend 4 years reeeeeee-ing 'muh Russia conspiracy' theories nightly on the news about how the Ruskies helped Trump to steal an election and blathering #notmypresident in an emotionally incontinent 4yr long toddler tantrum because your side lost an election as you ignore crowds of anarchists burning down cities...and then get SuprisedPikachuFace when the other side go and behave in exactly the same way that you legitimised .

Serious efforts by serious people need to be made to heal this rift, sadly there are no serious people in politics any more, just a collection of honking clowns ....on both sides...

I guess you are referring to the FBI investigation led by Mueller, which did not fully exonerate Trump. It left a lot of serious allegations unresolved.
    It was not just baseless allegations that have been regularly thrown out of court which are what Trump's allegations amount to.
    Only an idiot would think they are in any way comparable.

and even with that distinction nobody made any allegations of "voter fraud"

Hilary conceded defeat on the night, while Obama had a peaceful and dignified transition of power.

There is no comparison between 2016 election and the sh*tshow this election has turned out to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,470 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

But anyway, my point is that people banging on about it would be different if it was a BLM protest.

One of the protesters got killed yesterday, so it wasn't as if the police didn't take action. 3 others died in medical emergencies, whatever that means.

the police opened the barriers and let the crowd in.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,457 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

She was armed, but if she wasn't that would be like Breonna Taylor right?

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭Marcos

Billy Mays wrote: »
    Good job Thomas from New Jersey.

Admitting on camera that you stormed the chambers of the Capitol to overturn the result of a democratic election

That's the thing that gets me, they just admit to major crimes live on tv. This isn't going away, it's going to come back and bite them. Like that other one who got maced and asked why she said, "We're storming the capital it's a revolution." :rolleyes:

When most of us say "social justice" we mean equality under the law opposition to prejudice, discrimination and equal opportunities for all. When Social Justice Activists say "social justice" they mean an emphasis on group identity over the rights of the individual, a rejection of social liberalism, and the assumption that unequal outcomes are always evidence of structural inequalities.

Andrew Doyle, The New Puritans.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,457 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

There's a video posted earlier in this thread

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

It is on video.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,789 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

Because she was illegally armed and failed to comply to the instructions given to her by a officer of the law

Do we know for sure that she was armed? I did a quick Google and couldn't find anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭nolivesmatter

Probably closer to Jacob Blake if a comparison must be made.

I don't recall Police getting selfies with protesters during blm. I do recall them running over protesters, beating an elderly man, letting a guy who shot and killed a protester drive home. They were armed to the tooth and Trump was pretty quick to call in the National guard on top of that. He refused to yesterday. The behaviour of law enforcement yesterday was a polar opposite generally.

• Of course not. They just like Confederate flags and neo nazi symbols. Loads of asians and black people in the crowd.

Absolutely.

It's was a cocktail of all sorts of lunatics from different backgrounds who are probably lost in life and feel like they want to be a part of something bigger. They don't have a clue what they really want. Sheep, very low IQ people.

As mentioned, the proud boys leader is Hispanic and there were also black people in the crowd. It was not just white supremacists.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,789 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

Nope.

Ashli Babbitt was shot on purpose. Breonna Taylor was shot in the crossfire between her boyfriend and the cops.

Funny how Irish people on this thread who wear masks or else risk fines or jail who are being warned to stay home or risk fines or jail who are surviving on welfare while their business or employer is closed down by government decree and are being forced to literally be recluses under house arrest are giving out about protestors storming a notoriously corrupt cesspool in Washington demanding open transparent free elections.

I am sorry, but this is pure lunatic stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 26,524 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

Have antifa ever been dealt with in such a manner?

No because it doesn't really exist. Believe me I wish there was a mass organised Antifa movement but sadly it only exists in Trump's head

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,649 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

BattleCorp wrote: »
    Do we know for sure that she was armed? I did a quick Google and couldn't find anything.

Seems to be conflicting info on that.

Some reports I've seen say that video of her receiving medical attention appear to show her wearing a holster of some kind , but no gun.

That might be the source of the "armed" stories , there's nothing in any of the videos I've seen of the lead up to the shooting showing her with a weapon.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,999 ✭✭✭✭Stark

breezy1985 wrote:
    No because it doesn't really exist. Believe me I wish there was a mass organised Antifa movement but sadly it only exists in Trump's head

At the risk of hyperbole, not the first time in history a fascist leader has invented an "anti-fascist" movement to pin all woes on or made the anti-fascists out to be the enemy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

She was wearing a belly holster that's visible in some of the pictures. Won't post for obvious reasons. I haven't seen it commented on officially yet, I just recognise it.

You might have seen people speculating she was wearing maternity jeans, that's what they're seeing. Concealed Carry is something of a no-no in DC unless you're one of the alphabet agencies, that's why Lauren Boebert had to row back on her stupid ad pretending she'd wear her gun to Congress.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,175 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Quin_Dub wrote: »
    Seems to be conflicting info on that.

Some reports I've seen say that video of her receiving medical attention appear to show her wearing a holster of some kind , but no gun.

That might be the source of the "armed" stories , there's nothing in any of the videos I've seen of the lead up to the shooting showing her with a weapon.
    She was not armed.
    Her boyfriend had a gun which he held legally.
    The police forced entry they had a "no knock" warrant, which are banned in a number of states.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

namloc1980 wrote: »
    I don't remember the "other side" storming the US Capitol and trying to overthrow the elected president. Also you might remember that Hilary Clinton conceded on election night in 2016 and the intelligence community confirmed there was Russian interference in the 2016 election.

I guess what I'm basically saying is you haven't a clue what you are talking about.

According to multiple people present inside the Democrat campaign on election night 2016, Hillary was basically ordered by Obama to concede. Her going AWOL for several hours was her plotting how to challenge or overturn the result.

sabat wrote: »
    According to multiple people present inside the Democrat campaign on election night 2016, Hillary was basically ordered by Obama to concede. Her going AWOL for several hours was her plotting how to challenge or overturn the result.

Which one of your conspiracy theory gurus gave you this pearl of wisdom

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

Nope.

Ashli Babbitt was shot on purpose. Breonna Taylor was shot in the crossfire between her boyfriend and the cops.

Ashli Babbitt was trying to break through a barricaded door in the Capitol that had armed police behind it. Breonna Taylor was lying in her bed when the police raided the wrong apartment and her boyfriend thought their home was being invaded.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

She was wearing a belly holster that's visible in some of the pictures. Won't post for obvious reasons. I haven't seen it commented on officially yet, I just recognise it.

You might have seen people speculating she was wearing maternity jeans, that's what they're seeing. Concealed Carry is something of a no-no in DC unless you're one of the alphabet agencies , that's why Lauren Boebert had to row back on her stupid ad pretending she'd wear her gun to Congress.

Know exactly what you mean, but can't get Beverly Hills Cop 2 out of my head now.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,524 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

gmisk wrote: »
    She was not armed.
    Her boyfriend had a gun which he held legally.
    The police forced entry they had a "no knock" warrant, which are banned in a number of states.

I think they are talking about last night not Taylor

• Registered Users Posts: 18,313 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

sabat wrote: »

Another loopy conspiracy theory. Anyway what plotting would that be?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

DubInMeath wrote: »
    Which one of your conspiracy theory gurus gave you this pearl of wisdom

It's common knowledge. But we're talking about a couple of hours where they tried to figure what went wrong and what could be done as opposed to the weeks and weeks of lawsuits and tantrums from Trump which culminated in the circus we saw yesterday.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/barack-obama-hillary-clinton-concede-election-night-donald-trump-presidential-latest-a7443606.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭valoren

The cognitive dissonance kicked in pretty swiftly. The Trump supporters see their peers initially protesting and subsequently bear witness to a mob of those supporters infiltrating the Capitol on live TV. Obviously this is a bad look and a disgraceful sight. How to explain? Let's go with this; the protesters outside are actually the real Trump supporters who are exercising their first amendment right to protest BUT the "protestors" who deliberately infiltrated the building are Antifa activists who conspired with the Democrats to run amok and smear the peaceful protesters outside. That's why they were effectively allowed into the building. It's all a conspiracy to smear Trump. That's the sort of narrative that people will desperately grasp onto. They'll believe anything remotely plausible to avoid having to face up to the fact that what they saw was perpetrated by Trump supporters i.e. their peers.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement