Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump v Biden 2020,The insurrection (pt 6) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,302 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Overheal wrote: »

That headline should read:

BREAKING: Nevada GOP traitors just committed sedition for @realDonaldTrump!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,793 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

• Registered Users Posts: 83,464 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

This, this is the front line of Trump supporters.

https://twitter.com/yuri_was/status/1338631439546368000?s=20

That is literally what bicameral means.. (and I don't think North America gets together to vote)

namloc1980 wrote: »
    That headline should read:

BREAKING: Nevada GOP traitors just committed sedition for @realDonaldTrump!!!

In their defense there is a fine line between exploring every and all legal avenues to challenge this election, and sedition. To their credit, as much as I disagree with their clearly false hope attempts, legally speaking they are exculpating and clear in their press releases that they prepared these slates for the pure sack of exhausting their legal options, not as a means of implying that they hold the government or especially the courts in contempt. The Arizona GOP crossed that line when they started flirting with dog whistles for starting a 2nd confederacy, but cooler heads will prevail.

By all means, 3 US Code 15 explicitly handles the possibility competing electors may be brought to Congress - so it's not as though the act itself of bringing competing electors there is an act of open rebellion. Eg. what if one slate of electors bears the seal of the Governor, and the other bears the Secretary of State? The law says the seal of the executive of course, but depending on exigent circumstances a cosigned objection in Congress could move to debate accepting the SOS sealed electors and not the Governor-sealed electors.*

I could see how something like that could arise reasonably and sans seditious implications. But both chambers, by majority, still have to vote in agreement with one another, or else the law defaults to the slate bearing executive seal (the governor) if say the Senate voted for the alternate electors and the House voted for the formally certified electors. So, they're banking at this point on a lot of cosmically improbable circumstances, at this point it is still just about the grift.

*A similar example would be a slate sent by the state legislature, or one chamber, or I think in the 2020 case not any legislative body per se but just the state GOP parties themselves are holding these alternate votes (making it, you would think, the weakest form of a slate with the exception of my alternative slate of electors from a mock election I held during lunch at Buffalo Wild Wings with people I found in the smoking section).

• Advertisement

Electoral college concludes 306-232 for Biden. That's more than the 304 Trump got in 2016 when he had 2 faithless electors. So even more winning for Biden!!

everlast75 wrote: »

This explains the sycophancy in his resignation letter. He wants that pardon. However, given the egregious nature of some of his crimes, the States themselves may have standing to prosecute him - I think? GOP states sued the Obama administration enough times that I don't think it's a foreign concept.

Gotta love when a holes who encouraged this dangerous nonsense realise what they've done and try to stop it

https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1338651482560729088?s=19

They were told way back to not do this, and yet they did.

They own all of it.

I saw this and thought of certain posters here....

https://twitter.com/JoshuaHol/status/1338496889671610370?s=19

There are a staggering number of people around who seem to think there’s a chance Congress will bend over backwards to avoid accepting the state results certified by their governors.

What’s sadder is that at least as many people think the United States would happily accept the nullification of an entire election by 26 states. How did our civics education get so bad? (Don’t answer that)

Part of the delusion du jour also revolves around what they’re referring to as EO 2018, an executive order Trump signed that year for the Intel agencies to submit classified reports within 45 days of an election detailing any known foreign interference. Like any good “lock her up,” “yeah but John Durham’s report etc.” vibe, this one is vining that the intelligence community will dredge up proof of their allegations somehow and hand them victory

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 8,249 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Oh I do hope Trump starts talking bad about Putin now.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,009 ✭✭✭✭bnt

William Barr is a farily dodgy character who has covered for Trump on many occasions, but it appears there are some lines he wouldn't cross. The investigation of Hunter Biden is ongoing, but Barr followed DOJ policy in not using that information, since it could have influenced the election. He told the truth about how much electoral fraud had actually happened: almost none, nothing that would have swayed the election. In his resignation letter he poured cold water on Trump's attempts to undermine the election:
    At a time when the country is so deeply divided, it is incumbent on all levels of government, and all agencies acting within their purview, to do all we can do assure the integrity of elections and promote public confidence in their outcome.

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

bnt wrote: »
    William Barr is a farily dodgy character who has covered for Trump on many occasions, but it appears there are some lines he wouldn't cross. The investigation of Hunter Biden is ongoing, but Barr followed DOJ policy in not using that information, since it could have influenced the election. He told the truth about how much electoral fraud had actually happened: almost none, nothing that would have swayed the election. In his resignation letter he poured cold water on Trump's attempts to undermine the election:

I wonder if there was an element of self preservation here. He viewed it as unlikely for Trump to win even if this revelation became public and it would have thrown him into hot water.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,462 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Just read Bill Barrs letter. It doesnt mention the word resign anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

bnt wrote: »

Doesn't look like cold water at all; if anything, Trump could use that quote as a vote of confidence in what he's doing.

Whilst Barr didn't do everything Trump wanted him to do, he did enough to go down as one of the most corrupt A.G.s ever, starting with White washing the Mueller report

• Registered Users Posts: 13,009 ✭✭✭✭bnt

DrumSteve wrote: »
    Doesn't look like cold water at all; if anything, Trump could use that quote as a vote of confidence in what he's doing.
    Maybe, but then that says more about Trump than it says about Barr.

I take the point about the language, the lack of the word "resign", but whether Barr was asked to resign, or told to resign, or it was "merely" suggested - these are technicalities. With Trump, you are in or out, for or against, friend or enemy. It's not as if someone like Barr has to finely calibrate the language on his CV when applying for his next job ...

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

Just read Bill Barrs letter. It doesnt mention the word resign anywhere.

He was fired and told to sign that absolutely ridiculous brown nosing letter. I'd bet in exchange for the promise of a pardon.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

https://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_5fd8124ac5b62f31c1ffb41d

Of course they'll say to stock up on 'second ammendment supplies'

• Advertisement

duploelabs wrote: »
    https://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_5fd8124ac5b62f31c1ffb41d

Of course they'll say to stock up on 'second ammendment supplies'

I love how the Trump supporters will pick and choose the parts of the Constitution that they like. Free speech and guns, yeah I'll have some of that. Independence of the courts and the electoral process for the President....no way IT WAS STOLEN!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭On the Beach

Just read the letter. It's laughable really, just like the rest of the tripe to come out of Trump's mouth.

Just read the letter. It's laughable really, just like the rest of the tripe to come out of Trump's mouth.

Reminds me of the "medical report" on Trump submitted by that alleged doctor who looked like Doc Brown from Back to the Future...

He'd even allege his fake tan is the best fake tan :pac:

this "report" is very much worth a read...

22262ed87413c3f32393fa870ecb4b6126-27-Trump-Physician-Letter.w710.jpg

This was the "doctor"

HaroldBornstein-trump-doctor.jpg

That's another hilarious read. What a gobsh!te.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,166 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

this "report" is very much worth a read...

22262ed87413c3f32393fa870ecb4b6126-27-Trump-Physician-Letter.w710.jpg

This was the "doctor"

HaroldBornstein-trump-doctor.jpg

Whenever one of his supporters try to boast about his health and height i love to link them this

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/early-lead/wp/2018/01/16/doctor-says-trump-is-6-3-239-pounds-and-the-internet-has-so-many-athlete-comparisons/

they must have measured trumps blood pressure in the middle of the night while he was asleep.

VinLieger wrote: »

It later came out of course that Trump wrote tbe report himself, hence why most believe Trump effectively wrote Barr's letter too. Same air of bull**** about it.

• Advertisement

It later came out of course that Trump wrote tbe report himself, hence why most believe Trump effectively wrote Barr's letter too. Same air of bull**** about it.

the language in it is just ridiculous. The healthiest individual ever to be elected president. Healthier than Obama? Healthier than Teddy Roosevelt, who 3 years before being sworn in was leading the charge of the rough riders up san juan hill? thats the problem with trump. He can never lie small. every lie has to be a big lie.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement