Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump v Biden 2020,The insurrection (pt 6) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

valoren wrote: »
    There is a 100% chance she would not have been shot if she wasn't at the protest.

There is a 100% chance she would not have been shot if she didn't illegally enter a federal building with armed guards.

There is a 100% chance she would not have been shot if she listened to instructions from armed guards facing down a mob in a federal building.

There is a 100% chance she would not have been shot if she, despite instructions from those guards, tried to clamour through a broken window to reach a secure area.

All true...but the usual bunch will only accept:
    There is a 100% chance she would not have been shot if Democrats hadn't stolen the election with fake ballots and Biden conceded to allow Trump take his rightful place as Americas greatest President!!!!!

Call of Dinner.

Rainbow Six Piece McNugget Meal

• Registered Users Posts: 14,043 ✭✭✭✭briany

Pence is being urged to remove Trump under the 25th amendment. Do I smell quickie pardons in the air?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭timsey tiger

stoneill wrote: »
    Is this saying you know that the protestors are fascist or that you don't actually know what antifa is?

I would certainly hope that everyone is anti-fascist

You really don't do logic do you, try this out.

WrenBoy wrote: »
    The clothing is what you have an issue with ?? Strange, I'll call you Fashion Boy, ok fashion boy, my point is that both the people who burnt buildings, looted and destroyed small businesses and attacked innocent people and these morons and racists in the capitol are worthy of the same derision. Both causing damage violent conflict and distress for no gain, as if by sitting in a certain room you can change the outcome of a democratic election, c'mon get real fashion boy.
    Much larger protests and primarily peaceful. Biden openly opposed violence when he discussed them. Plus they were as a result of a real issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭WrenBoy

Billy Mays wrote: »
    Both are worthy of derision alright

There's only one group getting purposely riled up into a frenzy by the actual president of the USA and his bootlicking party colleagues though.

Can you guess which group that is??

fashion boy is f*cking lame btw. Think harder next time

its as good as balance boy :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,232 ✭✭✭threeball

briany wrote: »
    Pence is being urged to remove Trump under the 25th amendment. Do I smell quickie pardons in the air?

Pence is finished in Washington if he pardons Trump. He'll put his own head on the block for a gob****e he doesn't believe in and who's days are numbered. Better for him to sit in the background watching the clock wind down.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,090 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

I'm going to go out on a limb and say Ashli Babbitt's husband may have played some part in her death.

Ashli-Babbit.jpg

Yes, I sometimes judge a book by it's cover.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,237 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

WrenBoy wrote: »
    its as good as balance boy :rolleyes:
    Don't think so :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

Sonics2k wrote: »
    Just to touch on this. The Valknut is not a white supremacist symbol. It was Odins mark in Viking mythology, and I have it tattooed on me too.

American white supremacists have Co opted Norse mythology and attempted to make it a racist thing, it really really isn't.

It is recognised as an American white supremacist identifier by Homeland Security.

I understand its origin but that's like pointing out the swastika comes from Buddhism.

The Celtic Cross means something real different here vs there too.

More respect given to career criminal Floyd than to a vet. Place has gone mad.

Well you can consider that her dishouourable discharge, removing her vet. status, if that upsets you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

Sonics2k wrote: »
    Just to touch on this. The Valknut is not a white supremacist symbol. It was Odins mark in Viking mythology, and I have it tattooed on me too.

American white supremacists have Co opted Norse mythology and attempted to make it a racist thing, it really really isn't.

And the swastika was a Hindu of symbol of luck and prosperity. Sometimes symbols get co-opted and ruined by shítheads and its original meaning gets lost as a new association becomes embedded in the public consciousness.

It's not just American white supremacists using Norse mythology and symbols, it's been used by far-right European groups as well.

Your tattoo could now give people the wrong impression about you unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

Spent about 4 hours watching CNN live and was wondering how the hell they were calling the crowd a mob, rioters as they were just standing around.
    Yes some were shouting at cops, one woman crying in front of them for some unknown reason.
    And whilst they were some guys and gals in military gear, a fair few looking like your classic rednecks, most of the crowd looked older, elderly even, middle class, just normal.
    A lot of women in the mix.

There weren't the skin head types, the types normally wearing pillow cases, what one would have thought were your classic neo nazi types.
    I had only seen still images of the guy in the speakers chair or some guy sitting in Pelosi's office.
    I was wondering why Donie O'Sullivan kept calling them a mob.
    And John king labelled them knuckleheads.

Then I saw the actual storming of the Capital building and that looked distinctly disturbing and menacing.
    These people are 100% sure that Biden, the Democrats, the unseen government types actually stole the election.

They actually believe they are fighting for democracy.

The level of delusion is huge and it aint going away.

Trump has somehow managed to tap into the paranoid that has been in the US for decades.
    And he has ramped it up no end.

And as Donie O'Sullivan pointed out in one clip Twitter and Facebook have a huge amount to answer for because they helped no end to pedal all these conspiracy theories.
    Hell a lot of this crowd have given up on Fox News at this stage as it isn't going far enough for them now.

The US is in serious fooking trouble at this stage.

I think the Inauguration is going to have to be behind closed doors at this stage.

I am not allowed discuss …

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Well you can consider that her dishouourable discharge, removing her vet. status, if that upsets you.

Sick

• Registered Users Posts: 8,249 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

It is recognised as an American white supremacist identifier by Homeland Security.

I understand its origin but that's like pointing out the swastika comes from Buddhism.

The Celtic Cross means something real different here vs there too.

Oh I know, but it still pissed me off to see a bunch of psycho American Christians ruin something else.

I think it's important to remember they have no originality, so they steal from other cultures. They can tattoo Norse symbology on them, but they are not Viking and know nothing of their lore or laws.

Have the pipe bombs and Molotov cocktails allegations been confirmed?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,680 ✭✭✭storker

jmayo wrote: »
    I think the Inauguration is going to have to be behind closed doors at this stage.

Or behind a few ranks of armed marines.

jmayo wrote: »
    Spent about 4 hours watching CNN live and was wondering how the hell they were calling the crowd a mob, rioters as they were just standing around.
    Yes some were shouting at cops, one woman crying in front of them for some unknown reason.
    And whilst they were some guys and gals in military gear, a fair few looking like your classic rednecks, most of the crowd looked older, elderly even, middle class, just normal.
    A lot of women in the mix.

There weren't the skin head types, the types normally wearing pillow cases, what one would have thought were your classic neo nazi types.
    I had only seen still images of the guy in the speakers chair or some guy sitting in Pelosi's office.
    I was wondering why Donie O'Sullivan kept calling them a mob.
    And John king labelled them knuckleheads.

Then I saw the actual storming of the Capital building and that looked distinctly disturbing and menacing.
    These people are 100% sure that Biden, the Democrats, the unseen government types actually stole the election.

They actually believe they are fighting for democracy.

The level of delusion is huge and it aint going away.

Trump has somehow managed to tap into the paranoid that has been in the US for decades.
    And he has ramped it up no end.

And as Donie O'Sullivan pointed out in one clip Twitter and Facebook have a huge amount to answer for because they helped no end to pedal all these conspiracy theories.
    Hell a lot of this crowd have given up on Fox News at this stage as it isn't going far enough for them now.

The US is in serious fooking trouble at this stage.

All this really shows Trumps and his enablers culpability in all this. They really need to reform their media laws to enforce a bit of balance.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,232 ✭✭✭threeball

Yes and one cooler box was found to have a long gun and pipe bomb.

Yes, by the Capitol police chief in a press conference yesterday.

• Advertisement

Yes, by the Capitol police chief in a press conference yesterday.

Wow, and some idiots attempt to downplay yesterday's events...

• Registered Users Posts: 36,173 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Most of the people who enter the Capitol Building did so based on their misplaced passion for justice for falsehoods , fed to them by Trump & Co .
    Few hardliners in their too,those front and center,
    but most who followed in were just country folk, the type with no history of violence, or destruction of property.
    All those Statues in the Hall were safe as houses, they were never going to be torn down, all the art of the wall was never going to be sprayed over, no one was going to set a fire. Getting access by breaking a door or window is extent of their damage.
    Now can you imagine if this was a Leftist Mob that had gained access, and not a Trump Mob. So much damage would have been done. Every statue toppled , every piece of art sprayed over, fires ect.
    Of course no storming of the Capitol Building can be condoned

• Registered Users Posts: 26,988 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Pretty grim state of affairs yesterday but sadly predictable and indeed predictable. I'm struck at the ease these Moronic buffoons gained access to the capit buildings and some extraordinary video footage of Police essentially aiding and abetting these thugs. Watching it live, I was astonished at the slow law enforcement reaction.

The belated and quite frankly vomit enducing resignations have commenced, that Mulvaney chap who suddenly became an expert on all things notern Ireland (he visited once) is gone but I wonder how he'll justify 4 years of support for the horrid Trump.

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,237 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

Most of the people who enter the Capitol Building did so based on their misplaced passion for justice for falsehoods , fed to them by Trump & Co .
    Few hardliners in their too,those front and center,
    but most who followed in were just country folk, the type with no history of violence, or destruction of property.
    All those Statues in the Hall were safe as houses, they were never going to be torn down, all the art of the wall was never going to be sprayed over, no one was going to set a fire. Getting access by breaking a door or window is extent of their damage.
    Now can you imagine if this was a Leftist Mob that had gained access, and not a Trump Mob. So much damage would have been done. Every statue toppled , every piece of art sprayed over, fires ect.
    Of course no storming of the Capitol Building can be condoned
    HarmfulWellmadeCarpenterant-size_restricted.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 25,506 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

I honestly think they're all mad.

O wouldn't like either running a country but one thing I think was good is that trump didn't go to war.

He most certainly did, on his own people and democracy.

Wow, and some idiots attempt to downplay yesterday's events...

Yes, one would look very stupid indeed to try to play this off, especially at length and with a bunch of humiliatingly poor analogies between a right wing coup attempt and property damage. It would be embarrassing to watch if it wasn't such a serious subject, if someone tried to do that, in this context, given the immediately obvious enormity and gravity of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,787 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

cnocbui wrote: »
    I'm going to go out on a limb and say Ashli Babbitt's husband may have played some part in her death.

Ashli-Babbit.jpg

Yes, I sometimes judge a book by it's cover.

I'd say they were well matched the first husband left her in 2019. She was probably already buying everything Trump was selling by that point before that lad came along.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,822 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Yes, one would look very stupid indeed to try to play this off, especially at length and with a bunch of humiliatingly poor analogies between a nazi coup attempt and property damage. It would be embarrassing to watch if it wasn't such a serious subject, if someone tried to do that.

Downplaying, whataboutery, lying or false equivalency seems to be the guts of the defence from the Trumpites today.

Also known as the usual bullsh1t.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭WrenBoy

Yes, one would look very stupid indeed to try to play this off, especially at length and with a bunch of humiliatingly poor analogies between a right wing coup attempt and property damage. It would be embarrassing to watch if it wasn't such a serious subject, if someone tried to do that, in this context, given the immediately obvious enormity and gravity of this.

Can I ask how if they had managed to take over those buildings last night how that would have lead to them taking control of the entire Government of the US ?
    I mean the riot squad would just have to roll up storm the place and battered them out the door. If the rioters were armed bring in the heavy boys. I don't see how this was a serious coup attempt, just a bunch of armed dopes being morons imo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,173 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

The Pipe Bombs turned out to be Pipe Dreams .. of overturning the election .

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement