Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump v Biden 2020,The insurrection (pt 6) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,075 ✭✭✭joseywhales

Trump is such a winner, he lost both houses and the presidency and then instigated a riot because he was upset.

What a winner.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,822 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

WrenBoy wrote: »
    Can I ask how if they had managed to take over those buildings last night how that would have lead to them taking control of the entire Government of the US ?
    I mean the riot squad would just have to roll up storm the place and battered them out the door. If the rioters were armed bring in the heavy boys. I don't see how this was a serious coup attempt.

Does it matter if you determine it to be a serious coup or not?

They had guns. They had IEDs.

This was an utter disgrace, a day that will be regarded by all reasonable people as one of the darkest in American history, and Trump et al caused it.

They caused it all.

He thanked them for it.

He told him they were loved.

Case ****ing closed.

Impeach the MF again

• Registered Users Posts: 2,439 ✭✭✭embraer170

There is very little talk about the other three who died.

It is quite odd for three people to have died of medical emergencies. Something to do with non-lethal weapons used or something else?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,729 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Most of the people who enter the Capitol Building did so based on their misplaced passion for justice for falsehoods , fed to them by Trump & Co .
    Few hardliners in their too,those front and center,
    but most who followed in were just country folk, the type with no history of violence, or destruction of property.
    All those Statues in the Hall were safe as houses, they were never going to be torn down, all the art of the wall was never going to be sprayed over, no one was going to set a fire. Getting access by breaking a door or window is extent of their damage.
    Now can you imagine if this was a Leftist Mob that had gained access, and not a Trump Mob. So much damage would have been done. Every statue toppled , every piece of art sprayed over, fires ect.
    Of course no storming of the Capitol Building can be condoned

Are you serious with this?

You literally think the 'statues' or artefacts being protected in the Capitol or elsewhere is the most important thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,263 ✭✭✭yagan

Can I ask how if they had managed to take over those buildings last night how that would have lead to them taking control of the entire Government of the US ?
    I mean the riot squad would just have to roll up storm the place and battered them out the door. If the rioters were armed bring in the heavy boys. I don't see how this was a serious coup attempt, just a bunch of armed dopes being morons imo
    If they had managed to get to the chamber before it was cleared then the elected US senate would be prisoners until either the election result was overturned or they were taken out by force.

They didn't break in to look at paintings.

They knew once the senate was safe that they had failed. But otherwise it was a close run thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭Christy42

embraer170 wrote: »

It is quite odd for three people to have died of medical emergencies. Something to do with non-lethal weapons used or something else?

Rumours of flash bang and a taser being involved in two. I know someone was seriously injured attempting to climb the scaffolding. No idea if they lived.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,988 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Did you see the age profile of these morons?, instead of organisers handing out sticks and bottles, they issued Zimmer frames.

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,388 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

I mean the riot squad would just have to roll up storm the place and battered them out the door. If the rioters were armed bring in the heavy boys. I don't see how this was a serious coup attempt, just a bunch of armed dopes being morons imo

What do you think they were trying to do? Why do you think some of them brought cable ties? Whst were the explosives for? Gas masks? Pepper spray? They may not have had a hope in hell of succeeding but their intent was clear. And why didn't Trump authorise the National Guard? Why do you think he gave the speech he did yesterday morning? Why was security so lax?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,090 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Is the guy who fell 10m from scaffolding, presumably onto a very hard surface, one of them?

Having felt considerable pain from just hitting water, jumping from that height into a diving pool, I'd be very surprised at someone not dying from such a fall.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,263 ✭✭✭yagan

Or simply expired by climbing more stairs than they're used to.

Trump core support seems to reside in older demographics.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭WrenBoy

everlast75 wrote: »
    Does it matter if you determine it to be a serious coup or not?

They had guns. They had IEDs.

This was an utter disgrace, a day that will be regarded by all reasonable people as one of the darkest in American history, and Trump et al caused it.

They caused it all.

He thanked them for it.

He told him they were loved.

Case ****ing closed.

Impeach the MF again

Haha, I get all that, not arguing that its not f-ed up and fairly depressing to see, I was just wondering if people actually believed this nazi coup line in the thread. Im just glad I don't live there, if I made one or two decisions differently, I would be currently. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭timsey tiger

threeball wrote: »
    Pence is finished in Washington if he pardons Trump. He'll put his own head on the block for a gob****e he doesn't believe in and who's days are numbered. Better for him to sit in the background watching the clock wind down.

Well if he does the 25th to Trump, can Trump then stand trial, maybe it would be his perfect escape from both federal and state prosecution. Trump and Pence both win.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,988 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

yagan wrote: »
    Or simply expired by climbing more stairs than they're used to.

Trump core support seems to reside in older demographics.

There's one amusing video of a policeman holding a middle aged women's hand whilst gently helping her down the main steps, just a bizzare day really.

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,581 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Most of the people who enter the Capitol Building did so based on their misplaced passion for justice for falsehoods , fed to them by Trump & Co .
    but most who followed in were just country folk, the type with no history of violence, or destruction of property.
    All those Statues in the Hall were safe as houses, they were never going to be torn down, all the art of the wall was never going to be sprayed over, no one was going to set a fire. Getting access by breaking a door or window is extent of their damage.
    Now can you imagine if this was a Leftist Mob that had gained access, and not a Trump Mob. So much damage would have been done. Every statue toppled , every piece of art sprayed over, fires ect.

They tried to subvert the democratic process but in a specific and limited way.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭joe40

The Trump mob were actively trying to overturn the democratic system in America, supported and enabled by the president Donald Trump. There is no point trying to compare these events with any other protest that has taken place in America.

These people had the support of the president, their aim was to overturn an election.

This horses*it about leftist mobs or Trump mobs is nothing more than a distraction to the events of yesterday.

Because of presidential involvement America crossed a rubicon yesterday, it will take concerted effort from all especially republicans to pull back.

Maybe it will be the kick up the arse they need to show how dangerous it is to manipulate and enable mobs like this.

Another oklahoma style bombing is likely when large numbers are told the government is illegitimate.

Your post is frankly ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭extrapolate

Sonics2k wrote: »
    Oh I know, but it still pissed me off to see a bunch of psycho American Christians ruin something else.

I think it's important to remember they have no originality, so they steal from other cultures. They can tattoo Norse symbology on them, but they are not Viking and know nothing of their lore or laws.

Really...:rolleyes:

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,649 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Well if he does the 25th to Trump, can Trump then stand trial, maybe it would be his perfect escape from both federal and state prosecution. Trump and Pence both win.

Yes , the 25th amendment isn't just for mentally/physically incapacitated.

Article 4 (I think that's the one) is just for "unable or unwilling"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭WrenBoy

Sardonicat wrote: »
    What do you think they were trying to do? Why do you think some of them brought cable ties? Whst were the explosives for? Gas masks? Pepper spray? They may not have had a hope in hell of succeeding but their intent was clear. And why didn't Trump authorise the National Guard? Why do you think he gave the speech he did yesterday morning? Why was security so lax?

I haven't a clue man, Why was there a man dressed in a animal skin ?? I can't really get myself to think about the situation from their perspective, its just all too wacko for me. Gas masks and pepper spray have default American riot apparel for a while now as far as I know but cable ties and explosives... eeesh I shudder to think.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,173 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Striking off the dead people who voted, the votes of those who voted in two states, the votes of those who falsified signatures should have been done, would not over turn election, but would have showed cause.
    The fact they would not admit to a single vote being illegal has lead to this. If no election is ever going to be disputed for irregularities then the next Election will be a free for all. It's not a good precedent that no matter what the fraud it will be taken as truth.
    The whole recount of the same votes was a joke, nothing wrong with the counting, but check them. That would have taken time, but every vote was counted.
    Show some cause, strike off a few illegal votes, give them their little victory, but Biden still wins.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,249 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Really...:rolleyes:

Absolutely they'd call themselves that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,666 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

Right, so property is more important than the rule of law or democracy itself!

It really funny, because these very same people have an almost cultish adherence to the 2nd Amendment, nothing must ever get in the way of the constitution.

But them running rampant through that very constitution is ok because they left the pictures and statues intact?

But since they are all at it, you are just happy it wasn't those leftists with their destroying of inanimate objects that did it?

And a final point, seriously you still continue with the whataboutery? The enemy not only got to the gates yesterday but burst through them but people like you are so focused on a different threat that you continue to fail to see the actual threat facing you

Are you serious with this?

You literally think the 'statues' or artefacts being protected in the Capitol or elsewhere is the most important thing?

I'm saying it shows the mindset of these people. They are convinced they are on the side of truth, that they are the true American Patriots .
    It all points to a '' brain washing'' through the constant conveyor belt of lies being fed to them through Trump and Far Right Media.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,043 ✭✭✭✭briany

I haven't a clue man, Why was there a man dressed in a animal skin ?? I can't really get myself to think about the situation from their perspective, its just all too wacko for me. Gas masks and pepper spray have default American riot apparel for a while now as far as I know but cable ties and explosives... eeesh I shudder to think.

When I see an American man bare-chested, with furs draped over his shoulder, and horns on his head, with his face painted red,white and blue, the polite part of what I think is, "Here is someone who wants attention."

That's the narcissistic element that the Internet and social media has really brought. This person didn't just want to storm the Capitol. He wanted to be the centre of a million memes. He's only lucky the symbols on his chest weren't used as an aiming point by security personnel.

Leroy42 wrote: »
    Right, so property is more important than the rule of law or democracy itself!

It really funny, because these very same people have an almost cultish adherence to the 2nd Amendment, nothing must ever get in the way of the constitution.

But them running rampant through that very constitution is ok because they left the pictures and statues intact?

But since they are all at it, you are just happy it wasn't those leftists with their destroying of inanimate objects that did it?

They believed that that is what they were fighting for. Democracy .

I'm saying it shows the mindset of these people. They are convinced they are on the side of truth, that they are the true American Patriots .
    It all points to a '' brain washing'' through the constant conveyor belt of lies being fed to them through Trump and Far Right Media.

Fine, but then hold the same thinking to the other side. They think that true patriots don't care about property and statues, it is personal freedom, the right to vote, the right to be treated as equal that is important.

Every terrorist believes they are fighting on the side of righteousness

• Registered Users Posts: 14,043 ✭✭✭✭briany

I can't believe there's anyone (seriously) sticking up for those who broke into the U.S. Capitol building yesterday. Especially if and when they're the same people who were screaming about destruction of property at BLM protests. Smashing in a shop window is egregious, but smashing in those in the halls of power is grand, apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,388 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Then their understanding of Democracy is a damning indictment of America's education system. How can anyone claim to be fighting for Democracy by overturning a democratic process while it is unfolding in real time?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭timsey tiger

Sad, but true.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,649 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Striking off the dead people who voted, the votes of those who voted in two states, the votes of those who falsified signatures should have been done, would not over turn election, but would have showed cause.
    The fact they would not admit to a single vote being illegal has lead to this. If no election is ever going to be disputed for irregularities then the next Election will be a free for all. It's not a good precedent that no matter what the fraud it will be taken as truth.
    The whole recount of the same votes was a joke, nothing wrong with the counting, but check them. That would have taken time, but every vote was counted.
    Show some cause, strike off a few illegal votes, give them their little victory, but Biden still wins.

They did..

There was the guy in PA arrested for trying to vote for his dead mother (a Trump supporter) and another guy caught trying to vote twice by mail and in person (another Trump supporter).

I also have no doubt there were a bunch of votes discounted for a variety of reasons - spoiled votes , invalid votes , all the usual stuff.

There is always voter fraud - always has been , always will be.

It's utterly impossible to have a completely secure system. BUT, the fraud that occurs is ones and twos here and there , not the tens of thousands (or hundreds of thousands or even millions) that Trump et al were claiming.

The lack of faith in the Electoral process has been ENTIRELY driven by Trump and his cronies. People think that there is a problem because Trump has been telling them that there is for months and months (years actually).

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement