Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump v Biden 2020,The insurrection (pt 6) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

If you think Antifa staged this, I suggest attending a psychiatrist.

Is it really any more outlandish that the rest of the baseless, simple minded, gibberish that Trump supporters believe?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭billyhead

Could yesterday's lack of security be a result of an inside job. I find it hard to fathom how the mob could just walk into the building basically unchallenged.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,822 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭FileNotFound

JupiterKid wrote: »
    What happened in Washington DC yesterday evening - as farcical and comical as it might have looked at times - was a very serious threat to the fundamental democratic institutions the USA is built upon.

Trump clearly fomented the insurrection/coup attempt in his inflammatory speech beforehand - IMO he is guilty of sedition, treason, should be immediately removed under the 25th Amendment and tried for treason and sedition - very serious crimes in the USA, I believe.

At this stage I can see Trump trying to flee the country, set up a “government in exile” and a media platform somewhere and continue to try to whip up hatred, division and claim he is still the rightful POTUS in exile etc etc.

The Republican Party will be in meltdown, and rightly so. Getting into bed with Trump and his acolytes will be the biggest error of judgement they ever made.

The only thing Trump will do now is book a holiday for the same day as the inauguration.

Then again he forever surprises me haha!!

everlast75 wrote: »

That requires his own cabinet to vote against him and there are too many lackeys on it right now - the resignations made it even safer.

Even CNN accept its a pipe dream.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 138 ✭✭Endintheclowns

A few white nutters break into Congress and are shot dead = What did they expect

A few black nutters break into and loot shops and businesses during BLM eh "protests" and the police stand by watching = They are oppressed

Liberal logic.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

robinph wrote: »
    Any heads of state encouraging riots and disruption of the political process due to the BLM protests? Or telling the rioters and looters that they loved them and that they were great people doing the rioting? Any heads of state claiming election fraud around the BLM protests despite zero evidence of such?

Is it only heads of state get banned from social media...............everyone love the 'peaceful protester' :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,173 ✭✭✭✭flazio

For the sake of two weeks, I'd say anyone who wants to get away from Trump, particularly anyone in high office should stay put and keep him in check and hold the 25th amendment over him should he attempt something really stupid.

A few white nutters break into Congress and are shot dead = What did they expect

A few black nutters break into and loot shops and businesses during BLM eh "protests" and the police stand by watching = They are oppressed

Liberal logic.

Haha...

I would have imagined that breaking into US Gov building would just get you auto shot - yet a load of idiots were let off....

In fairness the cops probably saw the stupid in the Trump supporters faces and felt some pity..

They are terrorists now....:p:p:p:p:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,090 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

The only thing Trump will do now is book a holiday for the same day as the inauguration.

Then again he forever surprises me haha!!

You're a bit late with that, he's already planned his escape days ago.
    Something strange is happening on the west coast of Scotland. According to a report from the Sunday Post, a lot of unusual U.S. military activity has been recorded at one airport that just so happens to be very close to President Donald Trump’s flagship Scottish golf resort. In fact, the report states that Prestwick airport has been told to expect the arrival of a U.S. military Boeing 757 plane, one that has reportedly been used by Trump before, on Jan. 19.
    https://www.thedailybeast.com/plane-sightings-fuel-rumors-trump-planning-escape-to-scotland-on-day-before-biden-inauguration

Can he be impeached in the last 2 weeks?

cnocbui wrote: »

Did you not hear Nicola said he was not allowed enter.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,789 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

everlast75 wrote: »

I'm not up to speed on this but did Trump actually call on his supporters to attack the Capitol building?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,430 ✭✭✭MrMusician18

Nah they're hidden, he's required to delete on his side.. I have a feeling they may permanently suspend him as all the other platforms are. He's bad pr for them at this stage.
    He is also a huge draw, that's their dilemma.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

Can't remember who made the point, but it is an astonishing indictment of Trump's competence that just taking his social media away makes him effectively mute.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,313 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Can he be impeached in the last 2 weeks?

Yes he could but time is short.

• Registered Users Posts: 56,471 ✭✭✭✭walshb

BattleCorp wrote: »
    I'm not up to speed on this but did Trump actually call on his supporters to attack the Capitol building?

He did not use the specific words, but he absolutely did....

Scumbag of the highest order....

One of the most dangerous people to ever exist when you stop and think about the whole situation...

• Registered Users Posts: 20,090 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Did you not hear Nicola said he was not allowed enter.

Yes, but that was only after she caught wind of his plans. The point is the plannied escape, not whether he could pull it off.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

sonofenoch wrote: »
    Anyone banned for the BLM riots that had been going on for months ....

Who knows, it is possible as people get banned, but you wouldn't have heard about it as they didn't try an insurrection to overthrow the government so it didn't make the news.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,331 ✭✭✭Cody montana

biko wrote: »
    It's mostly peaceful.

Up to 60 police officers were injured in yesterday's attack at the U.S. Capitol, Rep. Tim Ryan says. 1 in critical condition - NBC

• Registered Users Posts: 11,789 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

walshb wrote: »
    He did not use the specific words, but he absolutely did....

Scumbag of the highest order....

One of the most dangerous people to ever exist when you stop and think about the whole situation...

America was heading down the tubes before Trump got to power. Trump just polarised both sides and hastened the descent down the tubes.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,566 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Yes he could but time is short.

They can do it in hours. It’s a privileged constitutional power. The Senate doesn’t even need to debate they could just vote. The same way the senate fast tracked their debates on some of the objections last night. Just “here are the articles let’s vote.”

• Registered Users Posts: 18,313 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Overheal wrote: »
    They can do it in hours. It’s a privileged constitutional power. The Senate doesn’t even need to debate they could just vote. The same way the senate fast tracked their debates on some of the objections last night. Just “here are the articles let’s vote.”

Highly unlikely that you'd get the numbers to agree to do all that in the space of hours. Need a 2/3rds majority in the Senate to convict.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭maebee

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Highly unlikely that you'd get the numbers to agree to do all that in the space of hours. Need a 2/3rds majority in the Senate to convict.

Didn't matter.

Do the right thing.

Impeach him again.

Make him the only president to be impeached twice.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 138 ✭✭Endintheclowns

BattleCorp wrote: »
    America was heading down the tubes before Trump got to power. Trump just polarised both sides and hastened the descent down the tubes.

Sooner at later someone will come along with the same outlook as Trump but with a degree of intelligence and become president. That's what Americans should really be worried about.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,729 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Can't remember who made the point, but it is an astonishing indictment of Trump's competence that just taking his social media away makes him effectively mute.

I can't figure out why he hasn't posted from the @POTUS account today.
    I said the same last night and someone said that they have probably taken his phone off him in the White House.

Maybe, or maybe someone has convinced him that he could be facing jail if he continues. His reported comment that he will step down peacefully on Jan 20th today, if it did indeed come from him, is in stark contrast to his 'never surrender' from yesterday.

We will hear exactly what has gone on eventually. With the way people are running from him, we will see tabloid type reveals of the past 24 hours and I expect they will paint a crumbling individual as the reality has sunk in and those who supported him abandoned him.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,173 ✭✭✭✭flazio

I hope the current travel restrictions prevent him from hiding it out in Doonbeg.

• Advertisement

flazio wrote: »
    I hope the current travel restrictions prevent him from hiding it out in Doonbeg.

Why?
    I don't know about you, but I've plenty of rotten fruit and vegetables i need to get rid of

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement