Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump v Biden 2020,The insurrection (pt 6) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Overheal wrote: »
    Ivanka called them “Patriots” then deleted it.
    Trump Jr. is on a video with Guilfoyle before Trumps speech telling people to “do the right thing: fight!”

So unless Eric made it through this scandal unscathed there will be no Trump dynasty.

Eric seems to feel quite strongly about this, I presume he was right there smashing windows putting himself in harms way?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 382 ✭✭oldtimeyfella

The Pence/Harris presidency is going to be a disaster if they can't both get a handle on this kind of stuff early and also play a blinder for the next 4 years so Trump 2.0 doesn't happen in 2024.

You have a lot of motivated, organised disenfranchised voters who have just seen "The Swamp" turn the secret service and DC police on them (it doesn't matter that the protesters started this ****, they won't see it that way) whilst their leader told them they are patriots.

That's not going to disappear.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

I don't think Biden is acting to deescalate at the moment.

Hard words said.
    The Democrats are in the ascendancy and could well be in the mood for vengeance but i dont think it's what America needs. Can Biden heal the bleeding land? I hope so indeed. It was positive to see Mayor Wheeler in Portland come out with his moderate talk recently - we need to see a wholesale rejection of extremism.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

The Pence/Harris presidency is going to be a disaster if they can't both get a handle on this kind of stuff early and also play a blinder for the next 4 years so Trump 2.0 doesn't happen in 2024.

You have a lot of motivated, organised disenfranchised voters who have just seen "The Swamp" turn the secret service and DC police on them (it doesn't matter that the protesters started this ****, they won't see it that way) whilst their leader told them they are patriots.

Trump's followers are a follow on from the Tea Party movement. It's not easy keeping support with the blue collar people you step on. That's why they need the lies, spin and scaremongering to keep them on side.
    Trump will be nearing his 80's, he can't continue IMO. He'll haunt the political circuit and possibly get involved in other ways.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,599 ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

robinph wrote: »
    You want Biden to say that the claims of election fraud are justified or that they have a point?

Nope.

Just saying he sounds like he is putting out strong rather than conciliatory words.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,313 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

The what now??

• Overheal wrote: »
    Trump Jr. is on a video with Guilfoyle before Trumps speech telling people to “do the right thing: fight!”

So unless Eric made it through this scandal unscathed there will be no Trump dynasty.

Barron is the one that will catch us all by surprise.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Sarcozies

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Nope.

Just saying he sounds like he is putting out strong rather than conciliatory words.

I thought it’s exactly what’s needed. Very strongly pointed out why Trump is so dangerous and why he’s abused the position. Everything he said is the truth, the truth isn’t harsh, it needs to be heard and people clearly need to be educated on how much Trump has abused his position.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,214 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

I don't think Biden is acting to deescalate at the moment.

Hard words said.

I was in two minds about his comment there.

But as I consider it, I think Biden is making it crystal clear to anyone heading into Govt on the Dem side, who may be letting the clean sweep go to their head, that the job they face as an administration to unpick and address 4 years of Trump era damage, may be the most challenging task of any Government in the 250 years of the United States.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

If I were a member of Republican strategy groups I would be reaching out to Paul Ryan begging him to come back into politics.

He was the first significant name to jump from the Trump ship and now they need a younger, more moderate head.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,237 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

Saw that video of jnr earlier. Jaw all over the shop. Loves his cocaine that lad

• Registered Users Posts: 40,470 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

feargale wrote: »
    I don't want Trump impeached or kicked out under the 25th Amendment for the sake of two weeks. If that happens Pence takes over and despite everything I don't trust Pence not to pardon him.

If I were prepared to stoop as low as Trump I would shout "lock him up" but unlike Trump I believe in the rule of law and due process.

I do want trump impeached and the senate to bar him from any further public office. that would put a stop to his grift as he wouldn't be able to solicit donations for a campaign. and there is not a hope in hell of pence pardoning him now. he seems as sick of trump as the rest of us.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

A few white nutters break into Congress and are shot dead = What did they expect

A few black nutters break into and loot shops and businesses during BLM eh "protests" and the police stand by watching = They are oppressed

Liberal logic.

If you believe police were tougher on the mob of white terrorists yesterday than BLM protesters you are completely deluded.

Even last night, NYPD were much more aggressive against small group of BLM protesters who were protesting on public sidewalks and streets than anything seen in DC where the MAGA mob attacked police and vandalised and looted the Capitol building.

• All Trumps quislings very silent today.

Not even @presssec has put out anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,734 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Nope. Eric was on Fox on Tuesday threatening elected elected people who did not support his father.

https://twitter.com/BradMossEsq/status/1346644401293053957

As far as the collapse of that families political aspirations in one fell swoop it is pretty close to being a home run.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,597 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

All Trumps quislings very silent today.

Not even @presssec has put out anything.

All wondering how they can cut ties with the mad man and slink off silently into the night.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,823 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Billy Mays wrote: »
    Saw that video of jnr earlier. Jaw all over the shop. Loves his cocaine that lad

Yet he brings up Hunter's drug abuse.

Every accusation is an admission.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,823 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

A few white nutters break into Congress and are shot dead = What did they expect

A few black nutters break into and loot shops and businesses during BLM eh "protests" and the police stand by watching = They are oppressed

Liberal logic.
    Give us an oul scource there for a few white people being shot dead in the Capitol yesterday, por favor

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,331 ✭✭✭Cody montana

Nancy calling for the 25th.

everlast75 wrote: »
    Yet he brings up Hunter's drug abuse.

Every accusation is an admission.
    Don jnr likes the powder form of cocaine which seems to be acceptable

Hunter Biden preferred the crack version which is a big no no

They even brought in different laws and sentencing guidelines for each type in America and everything

Most of the people who enter the Capitol Building did so based on their misplaced passion for justice for falsehoods , fed to them by Trump & Co .
    Few hardliners in their too,those front and center,
    but most who followed in were just country folk, the type with no history of violence, or destruction of property.
    All those Statues in the Hall were safe as houses, they were never going to be torn down, all the art of the wall was never going to be sprayed over, no one was going to set a fire. Getting access by breaking a door or window is extent of their damage.
    Now can you imagine if this was a Leftist Mob that had gained access, and not a Trump Mob. So much damage would have been done. Every statue toppled , every piece of art sprayed over, fires ect.
    Of course no storming of the Capitol Building can be condoned

They absolutely wrecked the place, trashing offices, smashing and stealing everything in sight (aside from your precious artwork).

https://twitter.com/alizaslav/status/1347033165764972551?s=20

https://twitter.com/pdmcleod/status/1346940888761688064?s=20

And of course it was the non-white essential workers that were left to clean up the angry white mob's mess (with the added bonus of a waste of space cop as usual not wearing a mask).

https://twitter.com/DaniellaMicaela/status/1346990597786247169?s=20

• If Pence doesn't act on the 25th, congress will move forward with impeachment proceedings according to Pelosi.

namloc1980 wrote: »
    The what now??

LOL, got my old white guys mixed up :D

Nancy calling for the 25th.

Aside from the right thing, pushing for that or impeachment would be a great political move. If it gets far enough for a vote the GOP moderates will have to go on the record with no excuses (though I'm sure they'll make one up - e.g. it was deep state ANTIFA plants)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,090 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

These people believe that Trump speaks the truth. There is no dealing with such a bunch of brain-dead morons. You cant reconcile with such people. There are people in the US who still haven't moved on from their defeat in the civil war.

The only thing that can be done is to invest in the education system, hopefully with an element of teaching future generations how to think for themselves and give them the tools to be able to tell fact from fiction and when they are being lead.

The current generation of Trumpists are a lost cause. You can't reason with those incapable of rational thought. Reconcilliation is a nice ideal, and in the current climate is a necessary fiction; but it's still a fiction.

cnocbui wrote: »
    These people believe that Trump speaks the truth. There is no dealing with such a bunch of brain-dead morons. You cant reconcile with such people. There are people in the US who still haven't moved on from their defeat in the civil war.

The only thing that can be done is to invest in the education system, hopefully with an element of teaching future generations how to think for themselves and give them the tools to be able to tell fact from fiction and when they are being lead.

The current generation of Trumpists are a lost cause. You can't reason with those incapable of rational thought.

And pro Trump people will say everything you've just said about the hard left.

The US is just a disaster at the moment. People on the coasts are considered to be the political and cultural leaders of a country where millions of people in the middle of the nation have zero ideals in common with them.

Trumps presidency was the crescendo of this sentiment but he didn't do enough for his people and they are still pissed off. Difference now is it's not just Billy Bob and his 5 buddies in a militia in the boonies, it's millions of people in various towns and cities all throughout the "flyover" States.

They realise that they can get someone elected now so whoever Trump 2.0 is is going to be a very scary individual.

The US treating politics like a sport since GWB has been disastrous.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,787 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Joe Exotic probably be the best candidate the Republicans could hope to run. Rely on the "Reality Star" angle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56,474 ✭✭✭✭walshb

And pro Trump people will say everything you've just said about the hard left.

Isn’t this the poster’s point, though..

You cannot reason with pro Trump supporters. They are a different breed..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement