Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump v Biden 2020,The insurrection (pt 6) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 83,566 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Whe...?

How did you not know

It was infamy!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,454 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Amazing the amount of people coming out in condemnation of rioting when I don't hear the same people condemning particularly the antics of Antifa or small elements of the BLM movement. And which came first, eh?

I thought it really crass of Biden to say that if the protesters were black they would have been treated more harshly when 4 people died? On another day he'll be thankful for the services of the security forces but this time he insulted them.

Also, I think talk of the incident being an act of sedition is ridiculous. Do you really think their intention was to take over the country in their merry band.

All I see is utter hypocrisy, and spin.

I reiterate - this incident would not have happened if it weren't for the biased influence of the media prior to the election. I know that's a serious accusation to make but that's what I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 56,479 ✭✭✭✭walshb

AllForIt wrote: »
    Amazing the amount of people coming out in condemnation of rioting when I don't hear the same people condemning particularly the antics of Antifa or small elements of the BLM movement. And which came first, eh?

I thought it really crass of Biden to say that if the protesters were black they would have been treated more harshly when 4 people died? On another day he'll be thankful for the services of the security forces but this time he insulted them.

Also, I think talk of the incident being an act of sedition is ridiculous. Do you really think their intention was to take over the country in their merry band.

I reiterate - this incident would not have happened if it weren't for the biased influence of the media prior to the election. I know that's a big thing to say but that's what I think.

And you’re conveniently leaving out Trump’s influence here..

Blaming everything else..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,375 ✭✭✭positron

I reiterate - this incident would not have happened if it weren't for the biased influence of the media prior to the election. I know that's a serious accusation to make but that's what I think.

This has to be a joke. Got to be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭Dressoutlet

It would not have happened if Trump hadn't incited it.

Rioting for equal rights is not the same as rioting because your person lost the race. I will die on this hill so don't bother trying to talk me out of it.

Although I don't think anyone should die and I think people should be in prison and not dead, but as a Vet she knew the protocol for this kind of stuff. She could have easily been the one firing at terrorists in the Capitol. And she would be hailed a hero if she was.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,313 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Brainwashed.

2. Big Tech versus the president was a circus - Big Tech as a supporter of the president is a much more scary prospect.

Please. Trump and his supporters consistently broke all the rules of all the major platforms and were let get away with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,388 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Pipe bombs, molitov cocktails, automatic weapons,cable ties, cops outnumbered and over run. A merry band indeed. While most were just idiots following the mob there was undoubtedly a more sinister element present and ready to do whatever they felt they had to.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,375 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

Mainstream media caused the invasion of Capitol Hill by white supremacists, Trumpists and far right-wingers. Excellent analysis.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Overheal wrote: »
    How did you not know

It was infamy!

:D simpler times

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,470 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

jmayo wrote: »
    Actually saw a black woman and an Asian looking dude in the protests.
    Can't actually figure them, out but hey what can you do.
    Stupid comes in all colours and races.

And here is the thing I watched about 4 hours of footage last night and there were black guys wandering through the crowd.
    And they were being totally ignored.
    No animosity on display.
    There were also a load of ones on bicycles wandering around as well.

Now I will admit if they had been the sort we see here in garish ill fitting clothes I would have cheered if they were chased down the street.

My other half lived in DC for a few years and she reckoned it was probably some of the locals checking how the yokels who had arrived in town.

And before the avalanche yes there were some very unsavouary types involved in the protests no doubt.
    Especially the ones that led the taking of the Capital building.
    As I said earlier I would wonder who was looking after all the food stashes in the forests when they were all in DC.
    And a lot of wild animals were safe for at least one day anyway.

well that completely blows away my point. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Please. Trump and his supporters consistently broke all the rules of all the major platforms and were let get away with it.
    Ok, nothing to worry about so

• Registered Users Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

Who hasn't condemned rioting and looting by BLM? :confused:

Good to see you're more annoyed at Biden questioning the performance of the police than Trump and his cronies sending a mob to attack and hospitalise them.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

namloc1980 wrote: »

Brainwashed.

Radicalised more like it.

Trump must be rattling with withdrawal symptoms from his social media at this stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭Dressoutlet

Nail on the head

• Registered Users Posts: 40,470 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Mainstream media caused the invasion of Capitol Hill by white supremacists, Trumpists and far right-wingers. Excellent analysis.

it is an audition piece for a spot on OANN

• Registered Users Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Sardonicat wrote: »
    Those t-shirts are sickening. Trump has emboldened people to the degree that they are happy to wear things like this in public and be filmed and photographed in them

Pretty sure the guy in the aushwitz tee was beside the woman who was shot when it happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,331 ✭✭✭Cody montana

WH briefing coming up.

They're the same god damn thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,313 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

WH briefing coming up.

Kayleigh calling for unity :D

WH briefing coming up.

That was about as useless as an asshole on my elbow.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,331 ✭✭✭Cody montana

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Kayleigh calling for unity :D

Bit late now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭kingtiger

she left so fast her eyelashes streaked across the screen like a shooting star

• Trump must be rattling with withdrawal symptoms from his social media at this stage.

An aide disclosed he used to send out a tweet and then sit there at the Resolute Desk watching the retweets and likes go up in the 1000s with great glee.

He would pull a hissy fit if a tweet didn't get as many likes as expected.

It's a perfect drug to be fair for a narcissist.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

More info coming out on the other deaths. This lovely chap that supported the proud boys, called for violence, and the death of Pelosi.

https://twitter.com/ConnorASheets/status/1347253411335589888?s=20

There are going to be volumes upon volumes of exhibit when this entire incident goes to an investigative commission.

ErKJD7uUcAE1U3D?format=jpg&name=large

• Registered Users Posts: 5,486 ✭✭✭valoren

Simpler times eh?

Republican Representative Peter King of New York called Obama's wearing of the suit unpresidential, and stated that “There’s no way, I don’t think, any of us can excuse what the president did yesterday. I mean, you have the world watching.”

Imagine if Obama lost to Romney and the same "stop the steal" nonsense happened in the aftermath culminating with a posse of primarily black supporters storming the Capitol.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 193 ✭✭Hellotonever

The police did f*ck all. Can you imagine if it were black people storming the capitol?

• Advertisement

• Pressec looking a bit shook. She's realised she has backed the wrong horse.

She might dissappear off to oblivion now to some middle of the road law firm.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement