Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump v Biden 2020,The insurrection (pt 6) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,459 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

He's out of office in 13 days and they want to launch an impeachement?

Is this a joke.

If impeached and removed then he can't pardon his crimes relating to the impeachment and may face criminal charges on top of it as well as not being able to run again

• Registered Users Posts: 13,489 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Prove I said that or stfu.

The message was meant for me I think.

It shows how tetchy and sensitive people have become when it comes to Trump.

Some posters unable to deal with American events with a sense of humour.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,575 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Aw ok, there is some logic in it so.

Indeed. Unless convicted by impeachment he could still, immediately upon resignation or lesser removal, still run for office again. In fact I suspect the plan was to announce his 2024 run to counter program bidens inauguration. To give him legitimacy to keep grifting his supporters for money (he got at least half a billion dollars from them in the last 2 months). It also would have made indicting and prosecuting him less appealing to politicians.

Conviction in an impeachment insures the individual can never hold any other office of honor, trust, or profit in the USA. It would also critically freeze his power to pardon.

duploelabs wrote: »
    If impeached and removed then he can't pardon his crimes relating to the impeachment and may face criminal charges on top of it as well as not being able to run again

Fair enough so!

Making sure he can't run again sounds appealing to me. Not so appealing for CNN and their ratings.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭Lollipop95

Jesus Christ - that tweet! What benefit would causing a war be to him though?!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 193 ✭✭Hellotonever

I wish they'd go all the way and just have a civil war. All this pussyfooting theatrics is kinda sad

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭E mac

Tonight's episode of "The USA has gone to ****e" was boring.

The finale is fast approaching.
    Nothing can top yesterday.

Last night was like Ramsey Bolton finally getting his comeuppance in Game of Thrones. It was never as good when it got rid of one of its biggest villains..

• 2020 come back. All is forgiven.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,075 ✭✭✭joseywhales

I don't think they should invoke the 25th. This presidency has already broken precedent too many time, we don't need to normalize invoking the 25th, you will end up with it being invoked with greater frequency.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭SHOVELLER

Huge sense of relief today here after the madness. Allowed to leave work early yesterday as those new clips were coming through and couldnt help myself giving some of the maskless fascists a volley of abuse on way home. To me not only are they ignorant and stupid but not American. They come to the capital city with their hate, bile and ultimately this riot will be a super spreader. These people are traitors. End of.

As usual the police in all of its guises and layers here have to shoulder the blame and for taking selfies with these vermin. As my non white friends point out a whole different outcome if they had even tried to climb the steps yesterday. See June 1 and Swann Street as examples.

This morning a few miscreants remained but none were wearing their MAGA rubbish. Cowards as they had so much bravado yesterday and now they slink out of town. Plus reports of businesses in Arlington being ransacked doesnt surprise.

Saw something this morning on way off metro that spoke volumes. A middle aged couple with no masks getting help from a masked up Metro employee as they didnt know how to operate the vending machine.

I have zero sympathy for the deceased at the Capitol.

• Advertisement

They would have held Pence et al. Hostage or held public executions if the Capitol police had failed to protect them. https://twitter.com/honeychile15/status/1347316994853515264?s=21

I don't think they should invoke the 25th. This presidency has already broken precedent too many time, we don't need to normalize invoking the 25th, you will end up with it being invoked with greater frequency.

NOT using it sets a precedent too.

The net result from these events yesterday seems to be that Trump said he'll transfer power, the first time he's said that.

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭nolivesmatter

Yeah. Better to impeach him surely since there's only a couple weeks to go. It does the necessary without making a bigger martyr of him to his supporters.

Overheal wrote: »
    NOT using it sets a precedent too.

Yes, you are right but unfortunately we live in a small minded world, if I've learned anything from us politics its that irregardless of right/wrong whatever you do will be done onto you.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭tigger123

I don't really see how invoking the 25th amendment after the President provoked an armed insurrection against another arm of government is over using it.

On balance, its probably exactly why it exists.

• The net result from these events yesterday seems to be that Trump said he'll transfer power, the first time he's said that.

He's an irrational deluded pathological liar. Why would you trust anything he says?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,824 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

• Registered Users Posts: 14,599 ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

The net result from these events yesterday seems to be that Trump said he'll transfer power, the first time he's said that.

Did he explicitly say who he would be transitioning power too?

He has previously said that there would be a calm transition of power from Donald Trump to Donald Trump.

I have doubts.

Yes, you are right but unfortunately we live in a small minded world, if I've learned anything from us politics its that irregardless of right/wrong whatever you do will be done onto you.

Did you just say irregardless.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,459 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Fair enough so!

Making sure he can't run again sounds appealing to me. Not so appealing for CNN and their ratings.

What's this CNN thing you're on about? Any citation or just fantasy?

Overheal wrote: »
    Did you just say irregardless.

It is a word (I looked it up), although non standard

Opinions don't need citations.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,013 ✭✭✭✭listermint

He's trying to imply trump is the best thing to ever happen to CNN and they will want to give him a job when he's gone. Something something something.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,237 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

I wonder will CNN sign Trump up for a big media deal once he's out of office?
    CNN must have some post office deal with Trump. A weekly reality show or something.

Biden far too boring for them.
    Fair enough so!

Do you want to have sex with CNN?

Well i didnt realise an impeachement would bar him from running again.

So let's hope it passes and Pence becomes President. Pence will presumably pardon Trump then.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,237 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

LightBlackandwhiteFlyingfox-size_restricted.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 25,597 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

So let's hope it passes and Pence becomes President. Pence will presumably pardon Trump then.

Nahhh fùck that, he doesn't deserve a pardon.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,824 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Impeachment won't bar him.

*removal* may bar him, if the senate, when convicting him say so.

Trump has plenty to worry about at a State level, so I don't give 2 sh1ts if he is pardoned.

He is a f**king criminal, he will be remembered as much whether he gets one or not.

Another example of a failed and pathetic populist idiot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭nolivesmatter

Nahhh fùck that, he doesn't deserve a pardon.

What would even be his incentive to do so given how badly he threw Pence under the bus.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement