Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump v Biden 2020,The insurrection (pt 6) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,825 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

If I shot at you with an aim like Mr Magoo, it would still be an attempted murder, because inept attempted murder is still attempted murder. The less organised guys thought Pence was going to overturn the election up until Trump made it apparent he wouldn't, something that was never in Pence's power to do. They searched for the certificates to destroy them as if that would change something, apparently unaware there are 5 other copies of each. That they didn't understand the possible outcomes very well changes nothing.

The more organised guys seem to have intended to follow the Michigan plot, which was to seize the local Congress and execute the politicians inside one by one over the course of several days. They brought at least two bombs, a huge supply of Molotovs, and plenty of food, and there was a gallows constructed outside.

Imagine for a moment the zip tie and rifle guys got into the chamber a few minutes sooner and seized the Congresspeople they were looking for - Trump deliberately withheld National Guard support, so there would have been no help coming for hours. There is absolutely no way Pelosi, Pence, Harris and however many Dems would survive the interim. We now know they had actively colluding police officers both on and off duty, and a likely ally in at least one Senator.

By interrupting the certification process Biden never officially gets declared the next President. Trump has no functional Legislative check on his powers for a while - because everybody is either dead or held captive - and is the only clear coherent (in a sense...) authority. In the meantime, why wouldn't he ask one of his nutcase lackeys to make up some more bull**** for his credulous chumps to lap up "proving" his claims and that he's the real next president after all?

We would be looking at a full blown crisis with all the layers of government between Trump and several rungs down the line of succession hollowed out, something so completely unprecedented that absolutely anything could result from the ensuing chaos, especially with Trump's recent round of firings and installations in the DoD.

Even if it got that far, it would likely fail, but only after a protracted period of outright chaos which would cost many lives. The Proud Boys have a slogan - "six million was not enough". Given how they behave at their events, the consequences of them having free range in that disorder to play that out widely are unthinkable.

Was it likely to be successful? Probably not. Was it possibly successful, yes, and it would be foolish to pretend otherwise.

Don't fall for the minimising of the acts.

Just because they were ****ing idiots it doesn't mean their intent was not there.

Attempted murder is still a crime, as you said.

Trump replaced people at the highest level so he could allow this to happen. Barr got wind of it weeks ago and resigned.

Maddow did an amazing job of breaking down some of it already.

I'll say it again. We are lucky Donald J. Trump is a ****ing idiot.

If you can't draw a direct line between these two events, i don't know what to tell you

https://twitter.com/WordswithSteph/status/1347391154531295232?s=19

https://twitter.com/tedcruz/status/1347411930114359296?s=19

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,547 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

I'm always wary of any political leader or influencer who invokes god.

And they all seem to do that in the US.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Need a Username

Did Trump actually think that inciting a riot would allow him to remain president or is did he d on it to show what would happen if authorities came after him for his shenanigans in the White House?

• Advertisement

From all sides, there seems to be this rousing speech, more style than content, but what even are they on about? What substance?

Seems like something from centuries ago. No connect to the issues of the 21st century.

Did Trump actually think that inciting a riot would allow him to remain president or is did he d on it to show what would happen if authorities came after him for his shenanigans in the White House?

I don't think there was any strategic planning there at all, just following what worked for him this far.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,366 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Don’t try to work out what his plan was you’re wasting your time, he doesn’t have reason or logic like an adult he’s more like a toddler screaming about whatever is happening at that exact moment.

This is absolutely and utterly correct.

https://twitter.com/Timodc/status/1347369210972762112?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 83,580 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

IDC if he was doing it for any stupid reason. The fact is through his own actions and influences and in. His. Name. It happened. I don’t care if he thinks he did it for the orphans, he still brought the country to the brink of an existential crisis; if they had managed to break through to kidnap a member of congress or the Vice President - ? They’d have shot some of them on sight and beaten others to death that pique their ire. They would have hung Sanders off a balcony for ****s sake. They would have started holding a kangaroo court in the chamber to see which ones were loyal and which weren’t. I don’t care if Trump did it for innocent thrills and even if he did that makes it even worse!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Kaybaykwah

The prom with Chump is, he is strong as ever. He has been through these circles of hell before and come out stronger.

Unless he is impeached before his tenure ends, he is bound to make a comeback. He may be rejected by a majority of Repugnants now, but he has proved without a doubt his brand's sticking power. He will found a Party that can carry him past both the Repugnants and Demoniacs. With his ability at crowdfunding, the sky is the limit for this creature.

Kaybaykwah wrote: »
    The prom with Chump is, he is strong as ever. He has been through these circles of hell before and come out stronger.

Unless he is impeached before his tenure ends, he is bound to make a comeback. He may be rejected by a majority of Repugnants now, but he has proved without a doubt his brand's sticking power. He will found a Party that can carry him past both the Repugnants and Demoniacs. With his ability at crowdfunding, the sky is the limit for this creature.

Are you okay?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 382 ✭✭oldtimeyfella

Overheal wrote: »
    IDC if he was doing it for any stupid reason. The fact is through his own actions and influences and in. His. Name. It happened. I don’t care if he thinks he did it for the orphans, he still brought the country to the brink of an existential crisis; if they had managed to break through to kidnap a member of congress or the Vice President - ? They’d have shot some of them on sight and beaten others to death that pique their ire. They would have hung Sanders off a balcony for ****s sake. They would have started holding a kangaroo court in the chamber to see which ones were loyal and which weren’t. I don’t care if Trump did it for innocent thrills and even if he did that makes it even worse!

That's some rather disturbing fanfic you've put together there.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Curious about the editing in the video from Trump. Just as he mentions the vote certification in Congress it switches to a different camera and it sounds like a skip in the audio, wonder what rant he goes off in at that point?

That is the bare minimum of a concession that was required 3 months ago, and he still can't help himself referring to voting fraud.

What happens in the next week if the entire cabinet resigns and that leaves just Pence standing, does Pence somehow then get forced to implement the 25th amendment on his own.

Multiple armed people stormed the Capitol with weapons and restraints. On top of that multiple bombs were found. I'd say it's a fair guess on the type of stuff they wanted to pull.

I think you are being rather naive.

Thankfully that woman was shot in the face, which seemed to halt their advance.

The capitol security played a blinder. Well done, lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,666 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

It's what CNN does though. CNN bash him, FOX love him. Both are crazy.

True is somewhere in between the noise

Yeah, but somewhere would imply it is a balance or unknown.

We know where the truth lies. Trump has shown it, numerous times, the last 4 years.

Fox were totally irresponsible to give Trump the pass they did. CNN have been proved right on this, they saw him as a danger, that allowing his lies, attacks on the press, division etc, would end up bad for the US.

Even Fox realise it, hence why they are looking to reposition themselves as standing up against Biden, rather than Trump supporters.

everlast75 wrote: »
    Are you okay?

Lol. Of course I am not okay.

I am disturbed.

But then, did you think he had a shot at the oval office 5 years ago? He was easily dismissed, they put him through an impeachment process, and he is stronger than ever. There are tons of trumpites out there rooting for him. All he has to do is snap his fingers, and found another party, and the sycophantic Republicans will stick by him, and money is no object, he will be back.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭Harika

Trump gave the direction than let someone else do the dirty work.
    The plan of the rioters was to delay the certification as long as necessary so that Giuliani find something to convince more republican to overthrow the election. See his recorded phone call.
    It was the hope of "4 lions" movie? That by their actions military or police take their side. Clearly a coup attempt

• Advertisement

everlast75 wrote: »
    Are you okay?

I am disturbed.

But then, did you think he had a shot at the oval office 5 years ago? He was easily dismissed, they put him through an impeachment process, and he is stronger than ever. There are tons of trumpites out there rooting for him. All he has to do is snap his fingers, and found another party, and the sycophantic Republicans who objected Biden's presidency will stick by him, money is no object, he will be back.

OK. Not exactly an example of a potentially successful coup though is it? A coup was simply impossible. I'm not condoning anything, but suggestions of a coup are a tad deluded. Saying it's not a realistic coup attempt is hardly calling it nothing.

It was an attempted coup. The fact it failed is not relevant.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

The more we find out about this the more it seems to have been astonishingly lucky it wasn't far worse.

I am disturbed.

But then, did you think he had a shot at the oval office 5 years ago? He was easily dismissed, they put him through an impeachment process, and he is stronger than ever. There are tons of trumpites out there rooting for him. All he has to do is snap his fingers, and found another party, and the sycophantic Republicans will stick by him, and money is no object, he will be back.

He lost the election, at best as an independent he'll get a fraction of the GOP vote so it'd only serve to split the GOP vote. He's facing both federal and state charges so may not even be allowed to run in 2024. How is that stronger? Like he has the potential to be strong as a figurehead of a terrorist. But he's destroyed self politically.

In relation to the identified Senators and house representatives caught in the insurrection, if they were to prosecuted, they'd be removed from office, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,236 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

I am disturbed.

But then, did you think he had a shot at the oval office 5 years ago? He was easily dismissed, they put him through an impeachment process, and he is stronger than ever. There are tons of trumpites out there rooting for him. All he has to do is snap his fingers, and found another party, and the sycophantic Republicans who objected Biden's presidency will stick by him, money is no object, he will be back.

Doubt it.

Prison I imagine, probably on financially irregularities like most of the big crooks.

The next DOJ will have no choice but to setup an criminal investigation into the whole shít show leading up to Wednesday.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,659 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

He already has found a party that love him.

The Nazi party

CNN MSNBC etc have not been cheering on riots by BLM which have caused billions in destruction across America and claimed many lives of police officers and innocent civilians?

The incident I referred to - the attempt to storm the White House and the burning of an historic church before National Guard troops dispersed them - is a delusion?

I must have imagined Democrats raising bail money for looters and rioters snd defunding police forces?

Kamala Harris praised a sex offender who attacked officers with a weapon after she visited him in hospital after he was shot and wounded.

That must be another figment?

These people are in control of the White House Congress Senate and want to pack the Supreme Court and tear down monuments rewrite American history dismantle the 1st 2nd and 5th Ammendments and the Bill of Rights.

They have embraced wokeness identity politics with its explicit anti white racism cancel culture and want to purge conservatives and libertarians from public life.

Using the covid lockdowns they are destroying small business and entrepreneurs gutting the middle class and blue collar communties of jobs and prosperity and plan to introduce a permament living wage to keep the people dependent on big government.

The big business donors want this to happen having bought and paid for the Democrats and Republicans

RHShIoK.gif

He's back, with a mealy mouthed speech, obviously has been told to stay on script.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1347334804052844550?s=09

Sounds like he is on some serious medication

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭tigger123

The more we find out about this the more it seems to have been astonishingly lucky it wasn't far worse.

Definitely. With the media being so polarised in the US it can be difficult to assess what is a reasonable take on what is actually happening.

This was an attempted coup though, no doubt. A lot more people could have ended up dead.

• Advertisement

I am disturbed.

Stronger than ever? Did you watch his concession speech? The man has thrown everyone under the bus.

What a complete and total humiliation. Just 24 hours before he was loudly proclaiming he would never concede.

He has been forced into making that speech. Forced to don the furrowed brow (metaphorical at least). What a climb down by the apparent strong man.

What a complete and utterly failure. Yet another massive loss, in a consistent run of losses. Yet another failure to deliver.

He will eventually leave the WH with his name tarnished, his country in chaos, his country an international laughing stock.

MAGA? He couldn't even make himself great for feck sake!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement