Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump v Biden 2020,The insurrection (pt 6) Read OP

Options

Comments

yagan wrote: »
    The religion of the USA is patriotism so an officer dying will certainly ratchet up revulsion towards Trump.

Nah, they are massive hypocrites so they'll just invent some justification for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,489 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

when did they do this?

During the night! Go look it up.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Samsonsmasher

Boggles wrote: »
    Donny became bored with the whole pandemic thing when everyone started laughing at him and questioning his mental health (again) when he suggested injecting toilet duck would kill the virus.

He stated himself that his "briefings" during the early days of the pandemic were great for ratings.

He had about as much input into vaccines as Barron had, all though I imagine even the kid knows injecting poison into yourself is not a cure for Covid and just a dangerous stupid idea all round.

Yet his administration over saw Operation Warp Speed and deserves credit for it.

FDR didn't over see D Day directly but his administration deserves credit for it

Same logic

• Registered Users Posts: 11,460 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

During the night! Go look it up.

It's not up to us to prove your fantasies, gwan show us where you read this

duploelabs wrote: »
    It's not up to us to prove your fantasies, gwan show us where you read this

Oh god, I have to find out how I attach tweets. Give me a second.

• Advertisement

Yet his administration over saw Operation Warp Speed and deserves credit for it.

FDR didn't over see D Day directly but his administration deserves credit for it

Same logic

Trump, hard at work during Operation Warpspeed.

https://compote.slate.com/images/6ce6a4da-0d48-451c-bde7-c30f5bbfd692.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

AFAIK NG offered assistance in advance but it was turned down by Capitol police.

During the riots Capital police asked for national guard assistance and was told no. Then a few hours later the Secretary for defense (in consultation with pence McConnell and Pelosi) sent the national guard in.
    There was an interesting observation that Pence (or McConnell or Pelosi) has no authority to give orders to the Defence Secretary. Even giving him advice is legally grey.

Because the D.C. branch of the national guard is not part of a state, there is no governor. This puts the President in charge of the DC National Guard. Where guidance or approval is sought, only the president has that power. They would all have known this, but they did it anyway. Which says volumes about their regard for Trump.

Same logic

Warp speed did not develop the vaccines. It provided some of the funding for vaccines already in development

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

He did of course. But it wasn't an organised coup by Trump. He was the hurler on the ditch egging them on. They were a disparate band of useful idiots who he dropped like a hot potato last night. To me, it looks like the security forces were just disorganised and incohesive.

There were two distinct calibres there, and a middle ground of Q Anon crackpots.

The Walking Dead, wandering around with flags and no masks, just delighted for a day out to own the libs -

https://twitter.com/1BrayWoods/status/1346929792784887808

And a visibly more purposeful paramilitary element that had distinct objectives, clear preparation for hostage taking, and far more organisation -

https://twitter.com/jsrailton/status/1347279463088844800

The first benefitted from the extraordinarily ineffective or even collaborative Capitol Police, one of whom was seen giving directions to Chuck Schumer's office.

But there are several reports the latter attackers had particular offices in mind and knew exactly where to find them; they very much had an organised and communicated plan.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Samsonsmasher

Yet the fact remains Operation Warp Speed happened on his watch and several vaccines were produced.

That indisputable.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,827 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

CNN had to retract a report that the poor man had died, after the police union said he was still on life support.

He then died a few hours later.

So they corrected their error.

Sounds like responsible journalism to me.

Anyway, impeach trump again.

Yet the fact remains Operation Warp Speed happened on his watch and several vaccines were produced.

That indisputable.

So did coronavirus. This happened on his watch. 365,000 dead and counting.

That's indisputable. Same logic.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,460 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

That indisputable.

Correlation doesn't prove causation.

Unless you're a homeopath of course

• Registered Users Posts: 15,666 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

That indisputable.

Fine, and he should get some credit. Not the amount of credit you appear to want to give him, or that he wants to take.

But let's follow that logic. Under his watch, 4k people died yesterday, the US is riddled with the virus.

Under his watch, the vaccine rollout is pitifully slow. He promised that everything was in place to get it out, 20m by end of December. They managed about 3m!

So all for giving him credit where he deserves it, but to fail to mention his absolute mess of the rest of the response seems almost like you are trying to portray a particular POV

everlast75 wrote: »
    So they corrected their error.

Sounds like responsible journalism to me.

I think reporting someone's death when they haven't died at a time of such tension is a pretty serious error. It's almost as if they jumped to get the news out for ratings.

It helps the Trump supporters in their case of fake news.

So did coronavirus. This happened on his watch. 365,000 dead and counting.

That's indisputable. Same logic.

Wow, every single death?

That's some statement. I'm not even sure I've heard that said about the Swedish government, a government which has still not made masks mandatory.

Wow, every single death?

That's some statement. I'm not even sure I've heard that said about the Swedish government, a government which has still not made masks mandatory.

I'm just applying the same brain-dead logic as the person I responded to.

Thanks for your input.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

CNN had to retract a report that the poor man had died, after the police union said he was still on life support.

Again, this is just the way it plays out during stuff like this when news gets out before families are informed. Their information was almost certainly accurate, but not official because not all the next of kin were contacted yet.

You would also have seen this with the woman who tried to break into the chamber and got shot - she was clearly dead within seconds, but was only officially acknowledged as such hours and hours later.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,030 ✭✭✭Christy42

There were two distinct calibres there, and a middle ground of Q Anon crackpots.

The Walking Dead, wandering around with flags and no masks, just delighted for a day out to own the libs -

https://twitter.com/1BrayWoods/status/1346929792784887808

And a visibly more purposeful paramilitary element that had distinct objectives, clear preparation for hostage taking, and far more organisation -

https://twitter.com/jsrailton/status/1347279463088844800

The first benefitted from the extraordinarily ineffective or even collaborative Capitol Police, one of whom was seen giving directions to Chuck Schumer's office.

But there are several reports the latter attackers had particular offices in mind and knew exactly where to find them; they very much had an organised and communicated plan.

I like that he didn't give out their names. Just crowd sourced them and reported them on.

Now in the vast majority of cases it has been less doxxing and more them announcing their own names etc.

It is weird. They discuss revolution and battling against the state and expect the state to do nothing? Even without covid surely you cover your faces and don't go around giving your name and address to reporters?

Granted the shock and horror that one might be maced while partaking in a revolution (Elizabeth from Knox ville) seems to show that many can't comprehend consequences for actions.

• Advertisement

****ing idiots don't need any help making any case.

When facts don't matter to people, there is no point in engaging with them.

Same idiots will sit there all day listening to Seth Rich conspiracies and believe that Trump's inauguration crowd was huge.

**** 'em.

I'm just applying the same brain-dead logic as the person I responded to.

Thanks for your input.

This is pretty disappointing level of discourse, vicious and aggressive posting. Similar to the attitude of Trump supporters.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭Smee_Again

I think reporting someone's death when they haven't died at a time of such tension is a pretty serious error. It's almost as if they jumped to get the news out for ratings.

It was Gus Papathanasiou, Police Union Chairman, who said that the officer had died. This was reported by WUSA a local News station and picked up by CNN, so CNN didn't break the news.

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭Mike Murdock

So much for CNN's "Facts First" propaganda...

everlast75 wrote: »
    ****ing idiots don't need any help making any case.

When facts don't matter to people, there is no point in engaging with them.

Same idiots will sit there all day listening to Seth Rich conspiracies and believe that Trump's inauguration crowd was huge.

**** 'em.

Are you asking me to impeach Trump or Boards. You're finishing your posts with a demand? Not seen that before.

This is pretty disappointing level of discourse, vicious and aggressive posting. Similar to the attitude of Trump supporters.

There's only one way to deal with fascists. Only one.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Again, this is just the way it plays out during stuff like this when news gets out before families are informed. Their information was almost certainly accurate, but not official because not all the next of kin were contacted yet.
    This is two for two this week. The exact same thing happened with that actress from That 70's Show.

Part of the issue is the insatiable need for reporters to be first. They have their sources inside a hospital (or a police force) who will tell them that someone is dead or practically dead and rather than wait for confirmation, they take the risk of running with the story in the hope that they're first.

There's only one way to deal with fascists. Only one.

With more fascism? Your posts are bordering on psychotic.

With more fascism? Your posts are bordering on psychotic.

That's nice. Now, on with your little games. I'm done with you.

• Advertisement

Are you asking me to impeach Trump or Boards. You're finishing your posts with a demand? Not seen that before.

Yeah, I'm asking you to impeach Trump.

Ffs.

I'm bringing this discussion back to Trump, you know, like in the title.

Ps - they should impeach them again.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement